Profile for C > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, screen protector is not good, April 14, 2014
The case is not as dark as shown on the photo. It has a pretty translucent purple color on the part that wraps around to the front of the phone. It fits my phone well, not so tight that I can't remove it. The case completely covers the power and volume buttons which makes it a harder to press the buttons, but I got used to it quickly.

The screen protector is useless. It is NOT anti-glare, has ALOT of scratches after a couple of months of use, and shows smudges so much that viewing the screen through the smudges give the screen images a rainbow and jagged affect.

Weather Live Free - Detailed Forecasts and Live Weather Conditions (Local and Worldwide)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Locked up my Kindle Fire right out of the gate., March 17, 2014
It looked fine upon installation. Then an add popped up and locked up my KF. I rebooted then ininstalled! This has to be the shortest time I have owned an app.

Words With Friends
Words With Friends

1.0 out of 5 stars crashes constantly, December 29, 2013
This review is from: Words With Friends (App)
Used to be a good app but now crashes constantly or won't submit moves. Just constantly looks like it processing then returns a not responding error and I have to force close.

Oster Dual Action Blender BLSTRM-DZ 600 watt Brushed Stainless Steel
Oster Dual Action Blender BLSTRM-DZ 600 watt Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by Bargain Ben
Price: $78.95
8 used & new from $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for blending smoothies/ice, not good for chopping veggies, nice appearance, May 23, 2013
I needed a more powerful blender to make breakfast smoothies and after lots or research, decided to get this one. Another big box retailer had it for much, much, much less than Amazon so I bought it there. Sorry, Amazon!

PROS:
600W motor is powerful enough to crush large pieces of ice, but doesn't handle large pieces of frozen fruit well (like frozen strawberries). I get around that by putting large pieces of frozen fruit in the microwave for 15-30 seconds before adding them to the blender.

Grinds oats into a fairly fine powder as well as, maybe better than, my Cuisinart food processor.

Reversing motor and "wave action" of the blade really does help keep smoothie ingredients from settling at the bottom.

The 6-prong blade really makes a difference. I tired my 4-prong Oster blade in this blender and it does not work nearly as well.

Looks good on the counter top without taking up too much space.

CONS:
Noisy, but what powerful blender isn't when it's pulverizing frozen stuff?

Tried to chop onions in it and got onion juice in the bottom and and uneven chop overall. But I'm OK with that. I'm really just using this for blending.

The face of my blender was very scratched when it arrived. I returned it thinking the unit was damaged. The second one arrived with the face of the blender scratched even worse than the first. One day while I was fuming about the damage and glaring at the blender, something about the scratches looked wrong. So I started picking at them and then realized there was a piece of film on the face. Once I peeled that off, I was good to go!

One last comment:
I've seen reviews other on other sites that say this blender doesn't handle smoothies well. But after a little trial and error, I realized that if you are using frozen fruit, you must put the liquid/yogurt in first and then the frozen stuff. If you put the frozen stuff in first and then pour liquid over it, the liquid will make the frozen fruit or ice freeze into a big, solid lump that the blender will have trouble breaking up.

House Beautiful UK (Kindle Tablet Edition)
House Beautiful UK (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Free app but purchase of each issue is required, February 7, 2013
I must have misunderstood...I thought I would be able to view some content for free. I will be uninstalling it. BTW you have to create pixelmags account before you find out that you have to buy each issue. Boo hiss!

Allersoft 100-Percent Cotton Dust Mite & Allergy Control Standard Pillow Encasement
Price: $11.19
8 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and doesn't flatten your pillow!, February 7, 2013
The Allersoft is quiet, doesn't make my pillow flat, and my pillow case stays put. I bought it to replace an ALLEREASE anti-allergen cover with a vinyl-type coating on the inside. I don't know if it's the fabric or if it's the material, but the Allerese makes noise whenever I move around. And it seems to "suck" all the air out when I lay down on it, making my pillow flat.

28lb Purple Border Certificates - 100 Certificates
28lb Purple Border Certificates - 100 Certificates
Offered by Desktop Publishing Supplies
Price: $13.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice matte finish, nice weight, don't like the wavy lines in the center, January 29, 2013
I was worried that the weight of the paper was going to be flimsy and look cheap, but the paper appears to have a smooth matte coating on it that gives it a nice feel. The color is more on the magenta side of purple than I expected, but it's still OK.

The only thing I don't like is the gold wavy lines that go through the center of the page within the boarder. I printed some small logos with solid areas on my certificates, and the wavy lines show through the larger solid black areas. But it's pretty subtle. You might be able to avoid that by printing at a higher quality setting. (My Canon printer is an ink hog as it is so I just used a standard quality print setting and lived with the show through.)

The paper takes my Canon printer ink well. No smudges and no jagged edges in the text/images that I printed. (Some other brands I've used in the past did not do so well.)

Overall, good product. Shipping was pretty fast to Seattle.

Words By Post Free
Words By Post Free
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars The game itself is OK, but players don't seem to play daily, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Words By Post Free (App)
I think the game itself is OK. I'm not crazy about the board design and prefer WWF. But the biggest thing that I don't like is that the people I have played usually only play one or two turns a day and then they don't play again for a couple of days. Many of them just stop playing, even if they are winning and even if we've only played a couple of turns. It's frustrating. After trying it for about a month, I uninstalled it.

QVC for Android(TM) (US)
QVC for Android(TM) (US)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Tales a long time to load and frequently retunrs an error message, January 8, 2013
This review is from: QVC for Android(TM) (US) (App)
This app takes several seconds to load and sometimes will take minutes. It often returns an error message that it needs to close either when I'm using the app or when I'm doing a product search. I tried uninstalling it and also removing it from my list of apps on amazon.com and then repurchasing it, but it still has errors. The mobile site is less frustrating. I like it when it works, but it usually doesn't.

20x20x5L2M15-1 Lennox X0585 Replacement MERV 15 AC Furnace Air Filter, QTY 1
20x20x5L2M15-1 Lennox X0585 Replacement MERV 15 AC Furnace Air Filter, QTY 1
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $49.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Came in a box with "Merv 13" printed on the box..It's supposed to be merv 15, December 23, 2012
Came in a box with "Merv 13" printed on the box. There is a hand applied sticker elsewhere on the box that says it's merv 15. The filter itself doesn't say what the merv rating is so I'm a little suspicious that I paid for merv 15 and really got merv 13. But how would you know? The filter and the box do not look like what is pictured on line. For these reason's I'm only giving it 3 stars. It seems to work as well as the OEM filter.

Page: 1 | 2