Profile for Figuring it out > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Figuring it out "Ed" RSS Feed (Hingham, MA USA)

Canon RAK-DC2 Ring Accessory kit for Canon G10 & G11 Cameras
Canon RAK-DC2 Ring Accessory kit for Canon G10 & G11 Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars Necessary, but expensive replacement, January 2, 2012
My camera was dropped and the ring was bent. I purchased this pack just to replace the ring. Of course it works but as always replacement parts are expensive.

Polar FT60 Men's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Black with White Display)
Polar FT60 Men's Heart Rate Monitor Watch (Black with White Display)
Price: Click here to see our price
54 used & new from $62.31

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm satisfied, October 10, 2011
The monitor works as advertised. I really enjoy tracking my heart rate and weekly calorie burn against the weekly targets. This is the first heart rate monitor I've owned so I can't really compare it to others, but overall I'm satisfied.

Sony ICF-CS10IP (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony ICF-CS10IP (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
28 used & new from $23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 15, 2011
This radio sits on a shelf next to my home-office desk and I love it. With the remote switch I can change from iPOD to AM or FM radio resets, change the volume or quickly shut it off when a call comes in. The sound quality is great. The only annoyance is that you can't turn on the iPOD from the remote (you can turn it off though)and you have to select play lists from the iPOD. Dollar to dollar I think this is a great value compared to the pricier iHome models.

Hamilton Beach D50065 Commercial 60-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Urn, Silver
Hamilton Beach D50065 Commercial 60-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Urn, Silver
Price: $87.56
39 used & new from $58.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fragile to be called Commercial Grade, October 2, 2010
We purchased this for our church a few months ago. First the glass cap broke. Now the plastic spout handle came apart. We only use this urn once a week (15 uses so far) and other brands have lasted for years. I would not buy another one.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 5:17 AM PDT

Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss
by Jonny Bowden
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Carb Diet starting point, April 29, 2010
If you're a low-carb diet skeptic or already believer you'll find this book is filled with the information you need to make up your mind. The history of low-carb diets chapter is an interesting read and the chapters on why low-carb diets work are easy to follow and understand. The 50 tips to make low-carb work for you are very informative and I'll be surprised if you don't jot down a few of them for yourself. Finally I loved the summaries of the 38 low-carb diets. You'll quickly come to undertand what each of these diets stresses and you'll be able to zero in on the one's that will work for you.

Grizzly G0555LX Deluxe Bandsaw, 14-Inch
Grizzly G0555LX Deluxe Bandsaw, 14-Inch
Price: $774.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Grizzly G0555X, December 9, 2009
This is my first bandsaw. Set up was straight forward, but took a few hours and you definitely need someone to help you lift it up on the stand because it is heavy and metric wrenches. The motor fan guard was dented and rubbed against the fan, but it was easy to pull back into place. I don't know whether it arrived that way or if we caused the dent taking it out of the box. If you plan to move it around buy the optional wheels. It's a very solid piece of equipment and I've used it a lot over the past 4 weeks. I'm happy with the performance, the light, the rip fence and the cabinet where I can store accessories. I used a plastic 4" to 2.25" reducer on the dust vent so I could attach a shop vac and I needed to use glue to make it stay in place. Even with the vacuum attached, there is some leakage of fine sawdust from various places which is slightly annoying. I plan on getting the extension so I can resaw something wider that six inch logs.