Profile for B. Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Williams RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)

SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music (Black)
SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music (Black)
Offered by EverythingDeals
Price: $197.50
27 used & new from $174.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound. Gorgeous smaller package., October 14, 2013
I set the PLAY:1 up in 30 seconds. Really. And in less than a minute had amazing sound throughout my home office. More compact than the PLAY:3, the PLAY:1 (6.4 tall and j4.7 in. wide) still delivers deep, rich sound and works flawlessly with my wireless home network. It's easy to use, I control the system both with my desktop Mac and my iPad and iPhone. Looks and sounds super-high quality and at an excellent price. As an avid music lover, I love to play music from my music library and Pandora while I'm working, and thought I'd give this a try. Once again, SONOS delivered.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 12:08 PM PDT

SONOS PLAYBAR TV Sound Bar/Wireless Streaming Music Speaker
SONOS PLAYBAR TV Sound Bar/Wireless Streaming Music Speaker
Price: $699.00
26 used & new from $559.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary sound. Amazingly simple., March 5, 2013
I was already completely addicted to the superior sound quality and ease of setting up the Sonos Play3 and Play5 speakers. And the SONOS SUB did a great job of adding a richness to the sound that rivaled my home theater setup. But then came PLAYBAR. I was skeptical - until I actually hooked the thing up. Then I was amazed.

The sleek, modern PLAYBAR comes well packed and looks even more high-end in reality than it does online. It took literally less than a minute to position the PLAYBAR under my HDTV and then, in characteristic SONOS style, I just pressed one button and the system synced with all my other SONOS components. I launched the free SONOS iPad app and then was guided through a setup and calibration that helped me get the most out of my components. It asked "plain English" questions like "how far is your left speaker from where you're sitting now?" (and then gave 3 or 4 choices). It adjusted the SUB. It optimized the PLAYBAR. It was kind of magical.

Then I kicked back and watched a streaming version of "The Transformers". I like that one because the mechanical noises are distinct for each robot and any good sound system, like SONOS, allows me to hear them. I also listened for the original transforming sound from the cartoon. It came and sounded great. Dialog was crisp and there's even a way to enhance that with a tap on your mobile device. It didn't hurt that the SONOS SUB rattled a few pictures on the wall, too.

Nice one, SONOS. Once again you've exceeded expectations.

SONOS SUB Wireless Subwoofer
SONOS SUB Wireless Subwoofer
Price: $699.00
25 used & new from $549.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed. Incredible sound., August 2, 2012
I'm pretty choosy about my audio components. Just when I thought wireless audio couldn't get better - SONOS busts out a SUB. Not just any sub, either. Like their other products, it's beautiful to look at and neutral enough to fit into my decor. And what it's done for the already-rich sound experience - amazing. Setup was the usual SONOS simple. I stuck the SUB next to a shelf, pressed the button and linked it to my system. The sound is amazing - it makes the whole room seem bigger. I found myself wondering if I should remind the neighbors that there was no earthquake in my living room - just a sweet subwoofer. Highly recommended. Sonos SUB Wireless Subwoofer (Gloss)

Palm Handheld Computers: A Complete Resource for Classroom Teachers
Palm Handheld Computers: A Complete Resource for Classroom Teachers
by Elliot Soloway
12 used & new from $2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed as a primer for Elementary Educators..., January 25, 2006
As one of the co-authors who's been in hundreds of schools, I read the other reviewer's comments with interest. This book, from the start, was designed for a beginning handheld user - an educator just starting to learn about how handhelds are implemented in the classroom. My co-authors have years of experience and research to back up the approach we took in the book - baby steps. If you're a seasoned handheld users, the "how-to use a handheld" portions of this book are probably too introductory for you - but the activities might not be. Try it, I think you'll like it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in SF!, March 12, 2003
Food:5.0 out of 5 stars Ambiance:5.0 out of 5 stars Price:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've been to Delfina four times now and each time the service was excellent and the food exceeded expectations. The roasted chicken was perfectly cooked and the mashed potatoes luscious. That's a good 'first meal' at Delfina if you want a "for sure" epicurean delight. And don't forget the appetizers - the calamari is amazing and the crostini is a Tuscan delight.
Three tips for diners at Delfina:
1. make a reservation (it's always crowded and the place is "quaint" (aka small)
2. arrive at least 20 minutes early or you'll never find a parking place (it is, after all, San Francisco)
3. try something different - there simply isn't a bad item on the menu