Profile for SDoni > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SDoni RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Betsey Johnson Women's Satin Short Set, Raven Black, Medium
Betsey Johnson Women's Satin Short Set, Raven Black, Medium
Price: $64.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, August 3, 2015
I would give these 5 stars except the Medium I bought was pretty tight through the shoulders, and I'm a petite gal. (5'3'', 120). I wouldn't want to go up a size because then I think the shorts and the length of the shirt would be too big, since they fit great except the shoulders. Good material, comfy otherwise and shipping was super fast.

Stretch Cotton Capri Crop Leggings Tights (Medium, White)
Stretch Cotton Capri Crop Leggings Tights (Medium, White)

3.0 out of 5 stars Think of them as tights.., August 3, 2015
Definitely see through, but a long shirt takes care of that, and no one needs to be wearing leggings without a long shirt anyway - they aren't meant to be pants! I did like the material they are made out of, soft and comfortable. Shipping took ridiculously long though.

Bonide 022 Ready-to-Use Neem Oil, 32-Ounce(2Pack)
Bonide 022 Ready-to-Use Neem Oil, 32-Ounce(2Pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it to spray my pine trees in the weeks ..., August 3, 2015
Used it to spray my pine trees in the weeks before they normally get covered in Japanese beetles. Fast forward 3 weeks and I barely see any beetles at all, so it appears to be working! I'm buying more to apply in bulk to the yard around the deck and to do the trees again.

Noxzema Hair Minimizing Shave Gel, Refreshing Cucumber Melon 7 oz (198 g)
Noxzema Hair Minimizing Shave Gel, Refreshing Cucumber Melon 7 oz (198 g)
Offered by Marble Med Supplies
Price: $3.24
3 used & new from $3.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Legs feel great, not sure about hair reduction, August 3, 2015
I think I'm noticing a slight increase in the time between shavings as compared to other products, but I want more time to be sure. Regardless of that, I love this for the way it makes my legs feel after using it. So silky smooth, and soft to the touch! I'll buy again just for that, it's the best shave cream I've used, especially compared to what you can buy in the stores.

Sacred Cows: A Lighthearted Look at Belief and Tradition Around the World
Sacred Cows: A Lighthearted Look at Belief and Tradition Around the World
by Seth Andrews
Price: $15.87
14 used & new from $15.87

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun!, August 3, 2015
It pokes a little fun at religion, but mostly just explains some of the strange and absurd things that people still do, religious or not. Think woo-woo like healing crystals and psychics, but even more weird, like tossing a goat off a belfry for...luck? Good fortune? That kind of stuff! Plus, the tone is very readable and conversational, it's a quick, easy, fun read!

Bakery on Main Fiber Power Cinnamon Rasin Granola, 12 Ounce -- 6 per case.
Bakery on Main Fiber Power Cinnamon Rasin Granola, 12 Ounce -- 6 per case.
Offered by Peters Select
Price: $35.96
13 used & new from $29.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely tasteless, July 6, 2015
I love granola, but this stuff is horribly dry, bland and basically every bad thing you've ever thought about health food. While there are a *few* (as in, hardly any) raisins in this, the rest tastes nothing like cinnamon. It's just gross, sorry.

The Bookshop Hotel
The Bookshop Hotel
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars "This is what she loved most about books, June 23, 2015
"This is what she loved most about books. It wasn't just about the story in between the covers. It was about the stories you remember because of the story. Good book, bad book, brilliant book, or terrible, she would always remember what she was feeling or thinking the first time she experienced it." -- from The I Bookshop Hotel

That quote pretty much sums up what this book attempts to do. It examines the lives of the residents of Lily Hollow as they all experience the renovation and reopening of a former hotel as as bookstore and coffee shop. I found the story charming, but the character development was minimal, and the transitions from one point of view to the next were jarring because they sometimes switched between person to person in the same paragraph. There were various headings throughout the book, meant to describe whose point of view was being conveyed, but those were misleading because even though the heading marked "Abigail" might start with the musings of Abigail, it might suddenly switch to another character's point of view and internal thoughts.

I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but I felt like there was a great deal left unresolved - AJ and Matthew, AJ and Sidney, Sidney and Sam...it was a neat concept in that we were getting bits and pieces of the story as the characters lived/thought or remembered things, but it was also a bit confusing. Overall, it's a quick, feel-good read that anyone with a love of books will delight in!

Nature's Miracle Jaw Scoop, Jumbo (P-6008)
Nature's Miracle Jaw Scoop, Jumbo (P-6008)
Price: $24.24
27 used & new from $18.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, takes a little getting used to, June 16, 2015
It works better than a rake and bucket, but it takes some getting used to. The teeth are super sharp and you have to work a bit to find the correct angle that won't eat into the ground too much and stop the scooping motion. Similarly if you don't dig in deep enough you'll miss most of the poo you are aiming for. It also doesn't do well in grass that needs any kind of mowing, but super short grass or on dirt (I imagine) would work well. Once I got the hang of it I was able to move around the yard at a pretty good clip picking up the poo and dropping it into a wheelbarrow. I'm fairly short (5'3'') and I found I still had to bend just a little with the Jumbo size, but it still beats bending way over around the entire yard. The one handed squeeze motion to open and close the jaws worked well, but it also means that you can't really go for more than one pile of poo at a time, because you squeeze one to open the jaws and grab it, release to hold it in there, and if you try to open it again for the next pile, your first will fall right out! You can try holding it sideways a bit and manipulating to keep the first poo in the jaws while you get your second pile, but honestly it's just faster to scoop and drop, one at a time.

Helen of Sparta
Helen of Sparta
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, won't read any sequels., June 16, 2015
This review is from: Helen of Sparta (Kindle Edition)
It's an interesting take on the real history, and I appreciate the idea of giving the female character so much voice and agency. However, the pacing was slow and the characters and story mostly uninteresting. For all the horrible stuff that Helen had to endure, I didn't really feel for her, the story didn't draw me in that much to make me care. I also felt like it drew on and on much longer than it needed to for the little that happened over the length of the book.

Skechers Women's Relaxation Fashion Sneaker,Natural 7 B - Medium
Skechers Women's Relaxation Fashion Sneaker,Natural 7 B - Medium
Offered by Fashion Connection Inc
Price: $57.88
2 used & new from $57.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Too wide, June 16, 2015
These would be perfect except that they are too wide, and because they are slipons, I can't tighten to keep my feet in them. I hesitate to try a smaller size because the fit length-wise is just fine. Because my heel keeps slipping out I can't wear for too long or it starts rubbing and I get blisters on the back of my foot, on the tendon. Otherwise, I would love them. The color matched the description perfectly and the soles are memory foam and super comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4