Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa "reader" RSS Feed (Cincinnati, Ohio)

Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation
Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation
by Pamela Peeke
520 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, May 11, 2005
The author lets you in on the secret about weight gain and prevention it's hormones girls! Well written and the people stories help put things in line for the reader.Exercises are good.

SPRI Bob Greene Total Body Makeover Strength Training Kit
SPRI Bob Greene Total Body Makeover Strength Training Kit
3 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars All Here, May 11, 2005
This kit will not only help you get started, it will help you stay with the program too.

The 3-Hour Diet: How Low-Carb Diets Make You Fat and Timing Makes You Thin
The 3-Hour Diet: How Low-Carb Diets Make You Fat and Timing Makes You Thin
by Jorge Cruise
Price: $22.46
540 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm?, May 11, 2005
I enjoy a good book and this is one of them! I can relate! So many bad habits so little time. Thank you.

The BackSmart Fitness Plan: A Total-Body Workout to Strengthen and Heal Your Back
by Adam Weiss
Price: $12.56
105 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Book!, May 11, 2005
I bought this book one month ago after searching on Amazon for a good book on exercises that would not hurt my back. I suffer from chronic back pain for more than 15 years now, (Herniated Disc at L3L4L5 in my lower back). I am in my mid 40's mother of two active teenagers and at times my back pain would limit my activities due to the pain and stiffness.

After reading the reviews on all the books on back pain and exercise I picked this book and I am very glad I did. I shared this book with my medical doctor and she gave me the go ahead to do all the exercise in this book. I even brought the book to my physical therapist, who then incorporated many of the strengthening exercise into our routine.

I have improved my strength and flexibility over the past month and I feel better now more than ever.

Before I wrote this review I saw a negative review and I thought how sad someone could be to write such tasteless and useless review for other readers. I know this person didn't even read the book, because nowhere does this author suggest you will be cured of your back pain. Rather the book offers readers a source of information equaling 4 or 5 books put together on:

Abdominal exercise- in the right order to tone and shape your waistline.

Stretching exercises- in a flowing motion rather than static or bouncing positions.

Swiss ball exercise and medicine ball- moves that are changeling and strengthen your core region progressively.

Body weight exercise- that can be done anywhere and I have done them while traveling.

Use of free weights and machines exercises and cable exercises- that work your legs and arms very well without putting pressure on your spine.

Balance exercise- that I have not found in any other books to date.

Finally the book ends with occurrence of injuries and common pit falls that can occur while exercising and what type of machines and exercise to stay away from if you have back or neck problems. Very helpful to beginner and advance people.

This book not only will save you money because it has so many exercises in it, you do not have to buy a lot more books on the topics mention above. The author offers different routines for people who are beginners and to advance fitness trainers, and sections on fitness goals and workouts.

Over all a wonderful book and highly recommended to any one wanting to get stronger, more flexible, and want to lose weight without hurting themselves.

This is a great gift-giving book to those wanting to get into shape in your life.