Profile for Rebecca K. Porter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca K. Porter "golden maple" RSS Feed (Belleville, WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Opteka MCH-25 Multi Camera Carrier Harness Holster System for DSLR Cameras
Opteka MCH-25 Multi Camera Carrier Harness Holster System for DSLR Cameras
Offered by 47th Street Photo
Price: $39.95
8 used & new from $37.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic protection for camera on long hikes., October 1, 2014
I spend a lot of time with my camera on hiking trails. Among the boulders and brambles of the trail, it's far to easy to damage a lens, but this harness holds the camera body and lens against my chest. I've seen reviews that say this is uncomfortable for women, but, this design never sits easily over my large chest.

I never use the extra holster. I'm not that interested in carrying multiple cameras so i can't speak to that, but if like me, you only want the chest piece, the side holster slides right off.

The best thing about the harness is the weight is easily distributed. I have hiked for hours with no neck or shoulder fatigue with my dslr and a large lens.

Corelle Livingware Corelle Fun Packs, 5 Pieces, Winter Frost White
Corelle Livingware Corelle Fun Packs, 5 Pieces, Winter Frost White
Price: $19.99
16 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Daily Users, but nothing fancy, October 1, 2014
I've been using these bowls a lot. One thing to remember is they get hot in the microwave so use a holder to get them out, but Corelle lasts forever. One of my bowls has a dark spot just inside the inner rim that appears to be a fault, but these are everyday dishes for me.

Corelle Winter Frost Dinner Plates, White, 6 Count
Corelle Winter Frost Dinner Plates, White, 6 Count
Price: $19.99
13 used & new from $12.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Serviceable and Sturdy, October 1, 2014
I was shocked to get the email that my shipment would take weeks, but very quickly and second came that said they were on the way. My mother has had these plates for decades, and because hers still look new and I'm tired of stoneware looking bad after a few years, I decided to simplify.

These plates are extremely light so I don't worry about too much weight in my large cupboard. They are smaller than many decorative plates so I'm hoping they will trick my brain into eating less, but they are plain jane.

My one issue is they get hot in the microwave, but I'm adjusting. Very worth the price and longevity. I just miss the fancy, for now.

Tumbleweed Light Blue Ceramic Butter Dish Tray
Tumbleweed Light Blue Ceramic Butter Dish Tray
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $7.99
5 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Some quality issues, but servicable, September 26, 2014
There's nothing really wrong with my butter dish, but the production seems mass market. Several little flecks of hardened clay or glaze are on the surface where the butter sits. It makes sliding a pat off with a knife difficult at times.
However, it was inexpensive, and it provides a lot more personality to my kitchen then other butter dishes I looked at. I use it when my favorite is in the dishwasher.

Ray Pottery Butter Tray
Ray Pottery Butter Tray
Offered by The Barrington Garage
Price: $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for something artful and a little different?, September 26, 2014
This review is from: Ray Pottery Butter Tray
I love this little piece of art. Tailored to a stick of butter perfectly, it wastes no space. When it's dirty, I pop it in the dishwasher. When I need to soften the butter, it sits easily against the backsplash of my counter top. It's lightweight, but well made.
The colors are both rich and vibrant. If you like pottery and red and browns work for you, put this in your cart.

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow Book 1)
The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great world building and strong character development, September 12, 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Violet, so unlike the other fairies, was instantly likable, and the conflict quickly pulled me in.
Morgan's writing style is easy to read, and rich with detail. I fell into the magical realm and enjoyed the many layers Violet struggled to work through. I love when minor characters are added to give a vibrancy to the a fantasy world. In Faerie Guardian, I found the vine. That's all I'll say as I don't insert spoilers into my reviews.

I did have to take one star for what was labeled as Bonus Material at the end of the book because it felt odd to read after the novel had concluded. This is the peril of first person writing. Violet couldn't possibly have known was happening in those chapters, but because they were added at the back, it was the authors way of explaining material the first person was not privy to. It felt like cheating.

Overall, I recommend this fantasy novel to others who enjoy this genre.

Montana Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff (Curiosities Series)
by Ednor Therriault
Price: $12.71
40 used & new from $4.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky Fun for the Traveler, August 5, 2014
This was a lot of fun as we drove the roads of Montana for two weeks. I lost track of how many hits we actually found without looking for them, but I recognized them when they popped up. I never would have known the behind things without this book.

The House of the Wicked (a psychological thriller combining mystery, murder, crime and suspense)
Price: $5.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good storytelling., August 5, 2014
I was submerged in the place, the time, and the strange society of Porthgarrow. I really enjoyed this book, but had to take one star for an end that didn't seem to fit. While I liked the end, I just don't recall anything that would have hinted at what was to come.

The Tree of Bones
The Tree of Bones
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars a little predictable, but it kept me clicking the pages., August 5, 2014
This review is from: The Tree of Bones (Kindle Edition)
I found the setting and the melding with different time periods interesting and enjoyable. the end is fun, and this fast read was a bit creepy and a bit charming, but it won't be for everyone.

Origins of Hell
Origins of Hell

2.0 out of 5 stars Coming in at the end, August 5, 2014
This review is from: Origins of Hell (Kindle Edition)
Perhaps this is on me, but I thought I was getting a book, not a serial short story. As it was, the subject matter felt like it would have been good had I read the previous who knows how many in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6