Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for CANTHESPAM > Reviews

Browse

CANTHESPAM's Profile

Customer Reviews: 483

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CANTHESPAM RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Avery Plastic Index Divider (7714)
Avery Plastic Index Divider (7714)
Price: $10.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, July 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

Great timing .. I am just starting a new project that requires binder separators. So, I was able to put them to immediate use.

I like the bright colors, the pockets on the front of each divider and especially the large slots for the title of each section. Most of the dividers that I now use, have slots that are not large enough for me to write on sections that require more than two words. Frequently, my sections require 2-4 words, small writing of course, and do not fit on the paper that slides into the slots.

They seem to be as well made as other plastic dividers that I have been using for other binder projects, and therefore, I expect them to last for quite a while.

I am very pleased with these dividers and they look great in my binder.

Honeywell HL12CESWG HL Series 12000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control, White/Gray
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $449.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sends Chills Down My Spine, July 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this product free of charge in return for honest, unbiased review.

- Pros:
Simple and intuitive operation
Robust construction
Quiet operation
Frigid air on tap

- Cons:
Relatively short venting tube (and the manual states you should not add length)
Heavy (as expected) - it would be nice if the casters locked
Challenging assembly of vent components

- Vent Tube and Window Adapter

Our home is a little over ten years old. The vent tube *just* reaches the height of my horizontal-slide window, whose bottom rail is ~43” from the floor - right at the recommended max. height. And that’s assuming nothing else is below it, which would obstruct the smooth curve of the vent tube and obstruct air flow. If the window were any higher, the (very heavy) unit would need to be secured some number of inches off the floor. And given its weight and non-lockable casters, that is a really bad idea.

The venting components snapped together with some difficulty. The last two sets of tabs on the hard plastic “cone” came dangerously close to breaking before finally clicking home, after prolonged persuasion with various pliers. For that quality-control failing, which I suffered through for an extended time, I must delete one star. Once together, the window adapter creates a decent, but imperfect seal. A couple of additional strips of rubberized foam at the edge of the adjustable plastic adapter would the seal things a little better.

One security note: a ground-level window, kept partially open to accept the vent’s adapter, will not be latched in place. Someone *could* slide the moving pane open or lift it out. You can insert a largish dowel in the track (to prevent opening) and a smaller dowel above the slider to discourage lifting. But a motivated individual could bend/push the adapter out of place, and get a full arm into the resulting opening. I would not leave the adapter in place, in a ground-level window, if I left the house. Fortunately, it’s very easy to remove the adapter and re-insert it when you return.

- Usage

What good is this for a largish, uninsulated garage like mine? It allows me to keep things cooler on baking summertime days, when the garage would typically not cool off until about 1 am. With this unit, used judiciously, I am able to maintain workable temps. for an extended number of hours in the morning, and reduce the temperature enough after the sun sets, to get some work done in the evening. A smallish unit such as this simply does not have the air flow to keep a large, uninsulated area comfortably cool all day long when the mercury hits the 90’s.

I will also add, after working outdoors in the heat, a 5 minute break in front of the air vent’s stream of gloriously frigid air will challenge your existing definition of love - I guarantee it. Not to mention revive your stamina at gardening chores.

Black+Decker HFEJ415JWMF10 SMARTECH Cordless 16V Lithium 2-N-1 Floor Extension Stick Vacuum - White
Price: $159.99
10 used & new from $127.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Brilliant, but Toward the Front of the Class, June 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I reviewed this product free-of-charge, in return for an honest, unbiased review.

This is a nicely designed, flexible portable vacuum, with decent.. suction, battery life, dirt capacity (for a rechargeable), and a convenient-enough filter-drum cleaning routine. The attachments are useful, if not perfect, and make for a versatile cleaning tool. At $160, it should be.

Pros
-- Slim/extendable nozzle; compact and lightweight
-- Effective agitator/brush attachment, esp. on stairs
-- Helpful battery-level indicators
-- Suction-boost setting works well

Cons
-- Filter-drum occasionally detaches while cleaning
-- Small brush attachment sometimes falls off the nozzle

The Details

Unexpected filter-drum excursions - the spring tension pressing the drum against the locking latch seems v. high. and while it pops into place positively, twice, while cleaning, I struck the latch against something and had the drum pop out of the housing. The one time it actually hit the floor, the filter didn't detach from the drum, so the contents were contained, but that’s undoubtedly an upcoming event.

Cleaning floors with the unit's aluminum extender tube seems like wishful thinking, unless.. it’s a hardwood floor patrolled routinely by a robo-vac, your apt. is quite small, or you just need this for a single room.

Battery level indicators - a near-empty battery gradually slows the motor down. I doubt this feature was intended, but it’s infinitely better than the sudden stop that most contemporary battery-powered devices offer up.

Another reviewer mentioned difficulty in determining what this vacuum is trying to be. I do sympathize, but wanted to point out two areas where I felt it did excel.

-- Cleaning out a newish compact car - the crevices and openings which are typically too small/narrow for my array of vacuuming devices, were easily accessed with this nozzle and the light brush attachments. The removable brush is ideal for getting at the seams of the seats’ cushion sections. One full charge provided enough time and power for all floors, seats, mats, cargo area, etc.

-- Carpeted stairs - I have gone through a few small/satellite agitator brushes - one from a top-rated Kenmore canister system - and they all failed, usually quickly and sometimes spectacularly. This one feels light, but robust, and gets good marks for functionality. I am very optimistic. The cleaning time, even on a full charge, is not very long when running the agitator, but again, just right for a flight of household stairs, though almost certainly not enough for two flights.

All in all, this unit exhibits just how far rechargeable vacs. have evolved.

Crescent CLP5SETN Locking Plier Set, 5 Piece
Crescent CLP5SETN Locking Plier Set, 5 Piece
Price: $36.96

4.0 out of 5 stars These Days, You Need a Selection of Sizes, June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this item free of charge, in return for an unbiased, honest review.

The Crescent name generates a certain expectation of over-engineering among mechanics. Few companies produce a tool that defines an entire category - but the “Crescent Wrench” does. These, of course, are Vise-Grip style pliers - the original having been invented by the founder of Petersen Manufacturing (now IRWIN) in the 1920’s.

This set contains a sized-selection of perfectly good quality vice-grip pliers. Their nickel finish should ensure longevity, and though the tolerances are a little greater than Crescent’s products would have exhibited in the distant past, the thickness of each lever, jaw and adjustable screw, will do its intended job. These are well-made (yes, in China) but are no longer heirloom tools. Rather, they offer a practical value for the home mechanic.

I compared the 10” to an identically sized “Powr-Kraft” (Montgomery-Ward’s old in-house brand) in my toolbox. The P-K jaws are wider and have a robust steel rivet occupying the spot that holds the topmost jaw, where the Crescent’s now has a (admittedly heavy-duty) crimp. As does, I’ll note, the current 10” offering from IRWIN, as revealed by online images.

Remember that over-engineering expectation? Older tools are typically valued so highly because a mechanic, in a pinch, could use one in a situation that was technically beyond what was originally intended. No longer - know when to reach for the next bigger size, or stop.

One, unique, minor feature is the plastic end-cover on the release-lever. Having given my fingers a blood-blister or two in the past, I’d say it’s a worthwhile, though not game-changing improvement.

I will echo another reviewer and note that these pliers are coated in one of the strongest-smelling (anti-corrosion?) coatings around. Giving them a good carb. cleaner wash, and follow-up lube, is probably a good idea.

Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDTV Cable (6-Foot)
Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDTV Cable (6-Foot)
Price: $16.95
6 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Item for Apple Users, June 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this item free of charge in return for an honest, unbiased review.

This is a solid, thick cable, with easy-to-grab connectors to display a typical Mac’s mini-display video output to an HDMI input on a flat-screen TV/monitor. It's robust, and appears to be a quality item. Each connector end has a small depression with a high-friction, rubberized surface to aid your fingers with insertion and removal - a nice touch.

Video quality was clear, accurate, with no discernible artifacts.

The 6 foot length reached easily from our kitchen tabletop to the TV - and made selection and editing sessions for photos collections a snap.

Everyone w/ an Apple laptop and a big screen TV needs one of these.

Grund Organic Cotton Bath Rug, Puro Series, 17-Inch by 24-Inch, White
Grund Organic Cotton Bath Rug, Puro Series, 17-Inch by 24-Inch, White
Price: $25.95
5 used & new from $22.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Not Non-Slip, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this product free of charge in exchange for an honest unbiased review.

Somehow I got the wrong impression that this rug was slip proof. I have a tile bathroom floor and because it slips, it is too dangerous to use.

That's too bad because I really like the look and feel of it... soft and thick, and I would have liked to buy more in different colors.

It is definitely a quality product, but it's not worth risking a fall when getting out of the shower or tub. :-(
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2016 3:08 AM PDT

PL360 Grooming Wipes, Mandarin, 80ct Value Pack
PL360 Grooming Wipes, Mandarin, 80ct Value Pack
Price: $10.26
7 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Smell, May 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I normally use at least two dog wipes per day, when my dog comes in from his daily walks or has spent time playing and relieving himself at the dog park. I hate to imagine what he has picked up on his paws during his romps in the much used dog area.

These wipes seem to do a good job cleaning his paws and also for quick body wipes when he needs a total wipe down. I like the light citrusy fragrance, not overwhelming.

I will definitely be buying more when these run low.

THE YARNIT Yarn bowl crystal clear
THE YARNIT Yarn bowl crystal clear
Offered by The Yarnits
Price: $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, Love It, Love It, May 18, 2016
Last year I saw this recommended on a crochet site and I immediately ordered one directly from the company. I wasn't sure if it was just another gimmick or would perform as advertised so I kept my fingers crossed until it arrived.

It turned out to surpass my expectations, which rarely if ever happens. My main gripe about my yarn while I am crocheting is yarn vomit... you know when it rolls around, falls onto the floor, tangles up and sometimes looks like it has exploded. No more, it now stays neatly secured and clean whether it is rolled into a ball or wound into a cake. I no longer have to chase it.

It's so well made that like a cockroach ...... it is indestructible! Not a great analogy, so don't make a mental comparison. :-)

UPDATE: Apparently many users, including myself, have asked them to make a larger YARNIT to hold larger balls or cakes. HORRAY ... they paid attention to us and in the Fall the BIG SULLY will be available for purchase. I'm still crazy about my YARNIT and I've been using it daily.

I have yet to use it while in a car or on an airplane, but using it at home it does exactly what it says it does.

Yes, it is too small for a really large ball, but I see on their FaceBook page that they are in the process of manufacturing a much larger one ... put me down for a purple one.

Crochet Hooks Knitting Case Deluxe Organizer w/ Zippered Pouch Accessories Holder. Fits 20+ Hooks. Stylish Sturdy Secured Portable Multi-use Excellent Quality & Design (CASE ONLY Pink Dandelion)
Offered by Athena's Elements
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $15.67

3.0 out of 5 stars It Fulfills It's Purpose, May 17, 2016
I don't know what I was expecting, but I was a bit disappointed when it arrived. Yes, it does hold all my Clover Amour hooks and other cases that do that and can be bought separately without hooks, are few and far between.

The case is rather large and bulky, like a pound of hamburger in butcher paper, making it too large to carry with me. But since I rarely carry all of my hooks at one time, that isn't a huge problem. It has been designated as my stay at home holder for the hooks that I am not using at the time.

Since it is basically white, in time it will get dirty from handling, but in answer to my question, it can be hand washed in mild soap.

Not Althena's Elements fault, but I paid $24.99 and a day or so after I received it, the price dropped to $19.99. I like it, but I would have liked it even more at $5.00 less.

It suits the purpose that I needed it for it's just too bulky.

Chair Gym Total Body Workout , Blue
Chair Gym Total Body Workout , Blue
Offered by Emson
Price: $149.00
14 used & new from $114.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Given As A Gift And Appreciated, May 13, 2016
This was a gift for a close friend. She promised that she would use it regularly and apparently she has. She enjoys here workout on it and the results are showing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20