Profile for Time Lord > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Time Lord RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Esky® Up to 300M Range Rechargeable LCD Remote Shock Control Pet Dog Training Collar with 100 Level of Vibration + 100 Level of Static Shock+ Tone For 15-120lb Dog
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Definetely a good buy!, April 26, 2015
This dog electric shock is the best thing ever!

I have a 14 months old mixed black lab and pitbull that extremely hyper and did not want to listen. She understood simple commands such as "sit, down, crate up." Other than that, she always challenged me and bit adults and kids. I've tried the command collar from Don, and it did not change my dog's behaviour. I also took her to obedience school in Petsmart and paid over $100 with little success. As last resort, I saw this electric collar advertised on amazon.com with prime shipping. With 2 days shipping and money back guarantee, I bought this without hesitation.

This shock collar is rechargable, and has 4 different modes (light, noise, vibrate and shock), ranging from level 1 to 100. The description says only reach up to 300 feet, but that's more than enough unless you have a big yard or farm. When you first open it, you need to charge the receiver and remote for at least 24 hours. The controller and leash last very long time until the next charge. Mine lasts more than a week.The plastic strap/collar is a little bit longer, and the manual says it's ok to cut it. Always put it before your collar or above the regular collar itself. I've already seen significant difference in less than one hour.

After finished recharging, make sure you read the manual from start to end without skipping. This collar can be dangerous if you don't know how to use it or press the wrong button. Absolutely do not let a child to handle it. Memorize all the buttons and try to feel them without looking. This is important because you're going to use the remote either inside your pocket or somewhere hidden. It is extremely important for your dog not to see you're handling the remote. Otherwise they will only behave nice if they see you handling the remote, or worse they will attack you.

I've tried using the lights for few hours and it didn't work. Then I switched mode to vibrate and set it to 10, and this is pretty optimal for my dog. At one time I used the shock mode and 2 is more than enough for my dog to yelp in pain. I highly suggest to use the vibrate instead of other modes. If your dog doesn't respond to level 10, you can always increase it up to level 100. I tried to feel the vibration, and it's no different than vibration from your cell phone. Just do not use shock mode in any circumstances.

Another good thing about this collar is waterproof and rechargable. Becareful buying cheaper shock collar that requires batteries. They're only few dollar cheapers but will cost you a lot of money from buying batteries.

Pros:
- Affordable price. Other shock collar with same or simîlar function can go as high as $200.
- Waterproof.
- Quick result.
- Comes with 4 modes (light, noise, vibrate, and shock).
- Comes up to 100 levels of intensity.
- Rechargable.
- Comes with english manual.
- Comes with 2 sets of metal probes (for short hair or long hair dog).
- Automatic shut off if you press the button too long.
- Automatic shut off to conserve battery and to prevent accidental press.

Cons:
- Cannot find any.

Tips:
- Your dog should be familiar with simple commands such as sit and down.
- Put the shock collar around your dog's neck but don't activate it yet. This is to make sure your pooch is familiar with it. I started using it after about an hour on my dog's neck.
- This shock collar helps deter your dog from misbehaving. It's not meant to punish or inflict pain.
- Be consistent with commands so your dog doesn't get confused.
- Don't leave the shock collar more than 10 hours a day or without supervision.
- Limit your dog training no more than 10 minutes to keep your dog focused.
- Don't let the dog see the remote or see you pressing the button.
- Do not use the shock controller while the dog on a leash.

After using this shock tool, my dog becomes less aggressive and more submissive. She stops right away when I say stop; and that's within 2 hours of using the shock collar.

Make sure you research on internet how to train your dog with shock collar before you even use this. This is a tool to help you train your dog, and this tool can be dangerous if falls into the wrong hand.

Motorola Moto 360 - Black Leather Smart Watch
Motorola Moto 360 - Black Leather Smart Watch
Price: $149.99
109 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Moto 360 smartwatch, April 4, 2015
Motorola has been around for a very long time. They have been know as the pioneer of electronics gadget. With their entrance to smart watch era, they have the most elegant design that does not look like smart watch.

Before I begin, these smart watches are strictly for Android systems such as Samsung, Asus, LG, Motorola, etc. Apple product is not compatible with these smartwatches.

I originally had Asus Zen Watch. It was OK but slow and square face. There are many face watch or watch face (the term is interchangeable) that are more suitable for square looking smart watches. Moto 360 is really special and does not look like a smart watch. Some people complained about the size that is bulky. Obviously you can't get much information from a small screen, unless somebody in the future tackles that problem.

- Elegant looking Smartwatch with interchange after market links. Some people say you can even use Pebbles links with Moto 360.
- Comes with little manual in English and Spanish that serves as quick introduction. The real manual has to be downloaded from motorola's website.
- Is using proprietary Motorola wireless charging. However you can use any model of wireless charger. This is really useful and cool. Over time the jack on the phone deteriorates especially if you try to plug in your charger forcefully.
- Interchangeable face watch. You can find the alternatives on Google play or facerepo.com.
- Big screen and easy to read.
- The smartwatch itself comes preloaded with Google fit that keeps track how many steps you've taken per day. Motorola also includes little app that measures heart rate. More and more apps are now updated every day to be smartwatch compatible. As usual they're located on Google Play.

The only bad point that docked one star is battery life. It is much shorter than other smartwatches. Some people bothered with the black bar on the screen, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I bought this from Amazon Warehouse Deal that supposedly broken, returned or people just return the item for no reason. I didn't see any difference and I paid much less for the same quality. The smartwatch came with screen covers both sides as if it was brand new. Amazon Warehouse Deal sometimes lower their prices. If you go to full Amazon website you should be able to buy used or other condition. That's where you normally find good deal from Amazon Warehouse Deal complete with 2 days Prime shipping.

Google smartwatch is still in infancy so there isn't much to expect. The only differences with other smartwatches is the design and price. It is a good buy and looks really cool.

Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Small
Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Small
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Dog Command Collar does not work!!!, April 4, 2015
I watched the infomercial at night featuring "Don the Dogfather". It sounded easy and promising, but it's not always the case. You can watch most of his video segment for free on YouTube. That's what's included with more expensive package in addition to the choke collar. I have watched all the training videos on any media I clould find. There are very few that's informative.

I had put this on my 13 months old lab and pit bull mix. No problem with extending or reducing the links. I didn't have problem putting the collar on the dog too. However, this collar has severed my relationship with my dog. Instead of listening to my instruction, she now becomes more aggressive and distant. The collar didn't make her to be like those dogs advertised on his infomercials. She stills the same dog that chews and steal everything. She even chewed 2 disposable razor from bathroom, and destroyed the sponge I used to bathe her. She stills bite strangers and jump on people the she knows.

Bottom line: don't buy this for your dog and expecting miracle result.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2015 5:23 PM PDT

Wahl 9484-300 U-Clip Deluxe Pro Home Pet Grooming Kit, by Wahl Professional Animal
Price: $29.69
10 used & new from $25.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good electric clipper for cats, April 4, 2015
First of all, I'm not a professional barber by any means. I just needed a practical tool that could save me money. This is a very good electric hair clipper. It costs more than regular clipper, but I always believe: you get what you pay for.

I have 2 very matted cats. Around my area it costs $50 to shave a cat, and there is only one person does it. I bought a $20 electric shaver made for pets, it was not working as I had expected. It took me 2 days to shave half of cat hair because of its slowness. It also heats up very clearly which makes the cat uncomfortable. This model (U Clip Deluxe Pro) takes about 30 minutes or more to get hot.

Then I stumbled upon this WAHL Deluxe Pro.
- Good RPM to ensure cut through the mats.
- Long cable to ensure continuous shave as opposed to wireless that needs to be recharged and does not last long.
- Includes all the guards with different colors.
- Includes a plastic apron to cover your chest.
- Includes small hair brush to clean the guards and blades.
- Includes a black plastic comb.
- Includes oil lubricant for the blades.
- Includes a red plastic box to keep everything inside, neat and tidy.

I'm sure you can also use this to cut dogs hair but I have not tried it. Bottom line is a good buy. It saves me a lot of money and time. I don't recommend to cut humans hair though.

ASUS Transformer Pad TF103C-A1-Bundle 10.1-Inch Tablet with Keyboard Bundle (Black)
Offered by Freecity
Price: $243.99
50 used & new from $157.39

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't like it you can always changed it with something else ..., February 26, 2015
This is my first Android tablet and this Asus does not dissapoint. As of February 2015, this unit is priced for $250 brand new with keyboard. I bought the used one from Amazon Warehouse deal for $197. I don't see anything current other than the box a bit mashed. It was also delivered with Amazon Prime. This particular model only comes in black or write. Unfortunately the white one is hard to find and more expensive too.

Keyboard is really responsive as well as the touch screen. In fact I typed this review from the touchscreen using built in ASUS keyboard. I'm a big fan of Swype and luckily the built in keyboard let's you to use gesture typing. It comes with all the normal apps from Asus such as alarm, clock, web storage; and other apps such as Zinio, eMusic, etc. The tablet itself installed with KitKat 4.02 with no possible way to get an upgrade from Asus to Lollipop. If you feel adventurou, you can install customize ROM when they are available for this model.

This tablet comes with ZenUI which is a launcher. If you don't like it you can always changed it with something else from Google Play for free. That's the beauty of Android, you can customize your tablet any way you want.

Power button is located on the top left above the Asus logo. Volume button is on the left side of tablet, under mini external SD card. Unlike other tablets that use special cable, you can use any mini USB cable to charge the tablet.

This tablet can run for about 8 hours. Like any other tablet, this is not a laptop replacement. The only complain is no 35mm headphone jack available.

From apps point of view, I found out Microsoft word does not work on this tablet because the screen is bigger than 10.1 inch. Even though is using Intel Baytrail, all other apps are compatible.

In conclusion this is a good tablet with a good price, but it's not a laptop replacement.

True Tales of the Truly Weird: Real Paranormal Accounts from a Real Psychic
True Tales of the Truly Weird: Real Paranormal Accounts from a Real Psychic
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Egnew is a fantastic author. She is truly an intelligent person and ..., February 25, 2015
Daniel Egnew is a fantastic author. She is truly an intelligent person and knows her paranormal stuff. I could not put the book down because it was really thorough and truly enjoyable. This book covers ghost, alien, earth elemental, and demon. It's almost impossible to find someone who has experienced them all, and Danielle has met them all. My advise is: get the book, you won't be sorry.

Penetration - the Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy
Penetration - the Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It is a very interesting story to the point that is too good to be true, February 21, 2015
This book is only interesting in the first half, the rest is just theories and information about different size of telescopes. The first half of the book talks about remote viewing and possible colonization in the dark side of the moon. It is a very interesting story to the point that is too good to be true. The event was supposed to take place in 1972, and this book was supposedly came out in 1998. How can someone write so much detail about what happened 26 years ago? The description is so much detail, it makes you think you were there.

Now, I believe in alien, UFO, remote viewing, multi dimensional stuff. I have studied them over 15 years. The story could be true with no way to prove them. However, that's the only interesting from the rest of the book which basically full of theories. His remote viewing experience was actually published on the internet for free. So basically you're paying for his research about the moon.

I was expecting a lot of remote viewing experiences but was so disappointed because that's not what this book about. I honestly just skipped every pages without reading them.

What a disappointment.

HP Pavilion X2 10.1-inch Detachable 2 in 1 Laptop (32GB) (Includes Office 365 Personal for 1-year)
Offered by ZMall
Price: Click here to see our price
71 used & new from $199.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Best brand name 2in1 tablet-laptop on Amazon.com, December 11, 2014
I bought this for $255 from Amazon, brand new. Upon setting up the tablet for first time, it probably took about 20 to 30 minutes to set up everything from start to finish.

I love this laptop/tablet because I can still use all my PC programs and I can also use it as a tablet. It is bigger than regular ipad air, and a little bit heavier. Coming from ipad and android tablet, Windows 8.1 requires a little bit of learning. You can just search for "help" and it will show you basic navigation.

Internet Explorer version 11 in tablet mode sometimes not compatible with most websites. Try to check the software you're installing if it's compatible with Windows 8.1 The workaround it is to use regular IE in desktop mode. You can also install Chrome or FireFox if you don't like IE.

Keyboard works great but it could be cumbersome if you have big hands. In fact, I'm typing this review from the included keyboard. Sometimes it's better to type from onscreen keyboard. Processor speed can be a problem sometimes with opening websites. I only do emails and surf websites, occasionally listening to music, so speed does not really matter. Battery life is pretty good. I have used this tablet/laptop for 3 days straight and still has charge.

Why not 5 stars? It does not show if it's fully charge without opening the case. Speed is a little bit slow. And unfortunately does not support 802.11ac when most people know have this router. For what I paid for this 2 in 1, I'm pretty satisfied. You get what you pay for.

LG G3, Metallic Black 32GB (AT&T)
LG G3, Metallic Black 32GB (AT&T)
Price: $498.99
32 used & new from $240.00

4.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this phone but the battery drains so fast, September 26, 2014
I really liked this phone but the battery drains so fast. I only use it for occasional texting, that's it. I don't have Facebook or other online social account. I liked little stuff that LG offers such as answers the phone automatically when I pick up the phone, or silence the phone when I flip the phone upside down. LG is currently offering extra battery and craddle charger for free if you buy it in US before 9/30 (check LG website).

CoverBot iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini Retina Display and iPad Mini Keyboard Case Notebook Station WHITE For 7.9 Inch Mini iPad with IOS Commands. Folio Style Cover with Special Landscape Turning Function

2.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth connection is not good at all, May 12, 2014
I'm typing this review from CoverBot bluetooth wireless keyboard.

I have tried different brands from Logitech and Anker bluetooth keyboard. I really like the functionality of this bluetooth keyboard, but unfortunately with iPad mini retina, you would need to have toddlers fingers to be able to type; regardless what brand of keyboard you choose. I type with 10 fingers, so this keyboard is really hard to use unless if I train myself to type with 2 fingers.

Pros:
- Stylish bluetooth keyboard, It pairs with my iPad mini less than 1 minute.
- Excellent hard cover as long as you treat the hinge carefullly.
- Responsive keyboard and light quiet keys.
- Auto sleep/wake function.
- 18mm thick when cover is closed.
- Mini USB built-in rechargeable Li-On battery.

Cons:
- To save on the cost and minimize weight, materials are cheap plastic.
- Color is white creamish. Looks like a kids toy from Walmart.
- Keeps losing bluetooth connection. No other solution other than remove pairing and pair the connection again.
- When it says auto sleep/wake function it means put the iPad to sleep mode.

Conclusion:
If you don't care with how it looks, this is a good buy. Just make sure don't over exert the hinge or you'll have defective product. Unfortunately I'm returning the bluetooth keyboard because keeps losing connection. There's a reason why you should buy brand name item even though they are a bit costly. If you want a good bluetooth keyboard, get Anker® TC810 Ultra-Slim Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad mini / iPad mini with Retina Display - Smart Case and Magnetically Detachable Keyboard (Tuxedo-black)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7