Profile for C. O. Moed > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. O. Moed "My Private Coney" RSS Feed (nyc)

Foreign Letters
Foreign Letters
DVD ~ Noa Rotstein
Price: $21.21
27 used & new from $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous and rich film!!, May 31, 2012
This review is from: Foreign Letters (DVD)
Childhood is both heartbreaking and breathtaking. With extraordinary craft and soul, not to mention massive talent, Ela Thier unfolds before us this complex world through the friendship between two "outsider" girls in 1980s Connecticut. The nuances of a classroom, a cafeteria, a walk in the forest, a dance on a roof, dinnertime in two different kitchens, and an ice skating rink filled with boys - all illuminate without one wasted gesture or world the universe these two young friends navigate.

I had not realized, until watching Foreign Letters, how the story of childhood friendship so rarely gets told unless something is being blown up. But Foreign Letters proves that the story of love between friends, unfolding without special effects, is the real action adventure.

Honor: A Black Bear, Pennsylvania Story
Honor: A Black Bear, Pennsylvania Story
by Daniel Grotta
Price: $7.16
3 used & new from $7.16

4.0 out of 5 stars More please!, May 20, 2012
There's nothing better than being stuck in bed and reading a great story. Within a couple of sentences I wanted to punch the bad guy and make sure the good guy would win ... These are rich characters that jump off the page. I was no longer sick in bed but in another world. Looking forward to more Black Bear stories!

An Inconvenient Amish Zombie Left Behind The Da Vinci Diet Code Truth
An Inconvenient Amish Zombie Left Behind The Da Vinci Diet Code Truth
by Tom Smucker
Price: $14.40
19 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS A GREAT BOOK!!!!!!, July 15, 2011
OMG - I am enthralled! Captivated! Delighted! Engaged! The writing is so smooth and seamless I forget I'm reading a book because I am just in this bizarre deadpan down to the bone world of something else going on and I can't put it down. Smuckler is a great writer of imagination and wit that is coupled with intelligence and depth. WHAT AN OASIS IN THE WORLD OF STORYTELLING!!!

Al-Anons Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions
Al-Anons Twelve Steps & Twelve Traditions
by Al Anon
46 used & new from $2.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book - Great Guidance, July 6, 2010
Straight forward writing on the Al-Anon Steps and Traditions. Al-Anon focuses on emotional sobriety for people struggling with the effects of addiction on their lives - their own substance/emotional addiction or those of a friend or family member. Identifying what emotional sobriety (and thus emotional addiction) is and isn't can be a process akin to building tiny villages inside a small glass bottle - subtle details that emerge bigger pictures. This book is clear and concise and comforting to read while muddling through.

The Pursuit of Happy Hips with Eoin Finn
The Pursuit of Happy Hips with Eoin Finn
DVD ~ Eoin Finn
Price: $24.99
8 used & new from $16.10

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS DVD!!!!!, March 19, 2010
I started with eon's podcasts. and loved them so I splurged on this dvd. It is the perfect mix of gentle and safe with challenging ohmygawd. I'm not young and I have injuries and limitations yet I am able to do the classes.

I've so far done the shorter (40 and 50 minute) classes and I'm always surprised when they end. They are so doable (which challenges my idea that if I'm doing something right I must be in agony). No agony, but definitely stretch challenge openings wow factor. And the visuals are beautiful and I really do feel I'm in a peaceful setting (I don't live in a peaceful setting).