Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for St_Clinton > Reviews

Browse

St_Clinton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

St_Clinton "ecwjr" RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV)

Page: 1 | 2
Fire HD 7 Tablet, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
Fire HD 7 Tablet, 7" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers, Black
10 used & new from $70.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I has a great screen, great sound and is very easy to ..., February 27, 2015
I owned this for 24hrs and returned it. I has a great screen, great sound and is very easy to use. I returned it to the store that I got it from the next day because just about every 5 minutes the thing would reboot. I did some checking online and discovered that this seems to be a very common problem. If it hadn't been for this, I would of been thrilled with it.

The Awkward Butterfly
The Awkward Butterfly
by Monica Renata
Price: $12.99
8 used & new from $9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, June 12, 2014
This review is from: The Awkward Butterfly (Paperback)
This is a book that I think everyone should have. It is extremely well written with a great mixture of life stories on things that we all go through at some point in our life and poetry. Each chapter deals with a different subject so that you don't have to start from the beginning but in an area that is effecting you now. I found myself reflecting about the past and was brought to tears at some points. This is a book that you will find yourself picking up from time to time so that you know that you aren't alone but will remember that there are others who are and have gone through the same issues that you are. You will not be disappointed in owning this book.

Batman (1989)
Batman (1989)
DVD ~ Michael Keaton
Price: $4.99
120 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Batman (1989) (DVD)
When the film came out I went to see it because I had enjoyed the TV series when I was a child. I wasn't expecting this film to come across as it is, but really loved it. Jack Nicholson plays the role as the Joker in a brilliant way (Heath Ledger could of learned from him, as Ledger's version of Joker killed my love of the Batman genre as he was HORRIBLE.) I had my doubts going in about Michael Keaton playing the role of Batman, but he did a wonderful job. I have watched this DVD over and over again, as this film is great...

SONY  ICD PX333 Digital Voice Recorder
SONY ICD PX333 Digital Voice Recorder
Offered by Buy Wholesale Prices
Price: $48.44
200 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Well Spent, February 17, 2014
I had been going to Poetry Open Mics and from time to time I would wish that I could go back and listen to some of the stuff that I had heard. As a writer of poetry and short stories, ideals would come to mind and I got tired of carrying pen & paper around, with the pen not working at times. I was in a store looking around and saw a digital voice recorder and realized that it would be easier to do. I did some looking around both in stores and online.
What I liked about this is that I would be able to move the files onto my computer through a USB cable. I looked at more expensive ones, but choose to buy this one as it would be my first and if I wasn't happy with it I wouldn't feel so bad at what I spent.
I have gotten away from the pen & paper and use this with love. Not only have I recorded Open Mics, but sermons in church, thoughts that have come to mind, conversations with people and so much more. Even though it took me a bit to figure out how to do things, once I did I have enjoyed using it. ... The only problems that I have with it is that the screen and controls aren't backlit, and the menu is hard to read because of the size....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2014 3:50 PM PDT

HP Mini 311-1037NR 11.6-Inch Mobile Broadband Netbook with Windows 7 (Verizon Wireless)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost The Right Fit, September 11, 2013
After 6 years, my trusty Toshiba laptop had motherboard trouble, and I had to finally get another laptop. I had looked at others,and these small netbooks. I had made my mind up on another one when I came across this one in a pawn shop at a great price. Even though I would of preferred to of bought one with a bigger screen size, this one caught me because it wasn't like so many of the netbooks that I see with these tiny screens.
I only have 2 complaints with this netbook. At times the space key doesn't want to work, and I wish that it came with more ram. With more Ram Windows7 would run nice and smooth as 2gs is not enough, but 3gs would be just right. I'm not happy with the touchpad, as it is too sensitive, but I have never been happy with them anyhow on any laptop.

For what I am doing on the computer, I am happy for the most part. At some point I will get a larger laptop, but for traveling and other things where lugging around a larger laptop would be a pain, this is the one to get...

Michael Moore Hates America
Michael Moore Hates America
DVD ~ Michael Eisner;Penn Jillette;Albert Maysles;Michael Wilson
Price: $5.99
34 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Question What You Watch, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Michael Moore Hates America (DVD)
Let me state right now that I have never been a fan of Michael Moore and the films that he makes, but at least he is trying to make a difference in the world.

This film is an interesting look at the films that Michael Moore has done, and will not only make you question the films that he has made, but many of the documentaries that you watch. It is put together well, but sadly but sadly too much time is in the time spent on the documentarian trying to find Mr Moore and trying to get an interview with him.

If you are a fan of Mr Moore and his works, watch this film with openess, as you will find it interest.

Oakland: The Story of a City
Oakland: The Story of a City
by Beth Bagwell
28 used & new from $10.21

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT history source about Oakland, July 3, 2012
I had gone into a book store when this book first came out, and saw this book. I kept going into the store over and over again and seeing it, then I finally bought a copy of this book. This has to be the BEST history of Oakland EVER written. It ranges from when the Native tribes were there until 1982, with information about places and things that you will never find anywhere else. If you think that you know the history of Oakland without reading this book, you really need to get a copy, as you will surely find out things that you have never known before.
Sadly I let someone borrow the book, as their was information about the church that we both went to, and that was the last time that I saw it, but will be getting another copy. I wish that they would come out with an updated version to add in the history since 1982.

Brown is the New Green
Brown is the New Green
DVD ~ George Lopez
Offered by williamsdiscountbooks24
Price: $17.50
25 used & new from $2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes Ya Think, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Brown is the New Green (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film, as it take a good look at the way that Latinos/Hispanics are portrayed in the United States. George Lopez appears throughout the film, and has a lot to say on the issues. By the end of it you may begin to look at the entertainment industry and notice the racism and stereotyping that it does, along with the how you look upon others and assumptions that you make about different groups of people. This is an excellent film for a family or group with kids over 13 to sit and watch together and have a discussion afterwards. I would of like to of seen it go deeper into stuff, but this is a great place to start the conversation.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, October 29, 2011
I had thought and looked into getting an iPad or one of the other larger tablets, but realized that if I was going to spend that much money that I may as well by a laptop. Yeah, they look cool and all, and the number of 3rd party things for it are out there, but I realized that I really didn't want something that big in size. I wanted something that I could easily carry around, see what email I had awaiting for me to read at some point, could sit and read a book, and play a few games. I had looked at some other 7" tablets, but there was just something about them that just didn't give me the desire to buy them, then I came across this one.
It's heavier than I expected, and takes longer to start than I would like, but it works for me.I have had no trouble connecting to wifi networks, the apps that I have added work great, going from portrait to landscape is quick, playing video from YouTube and elsewhere works fine, and I have even been able to make Skype calls with no problems.
The problem that I have had with it is that the battery doesn't last long, and it would of been really nice if they had made it a little bigger or added a clasp for the stylist. I also don't like the fact that if you lay it onto a table the screen will automatically switch to landscape.
The Apps store it uses (GetJar) has plenty of stuff to keep me happy, but I am not looking for it to do a billion things. So far I have enjoyed the e-reader (Aldiko) as it is easy to read things.
If you need all of the bells & whistles of the iPad, then buy an iPad. If you are looking for something that will do the basics quickly so you can do other things in life, this is a good choice...
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2012 1:34 PM PDT

I Do...I Did
I Do...I Did
DVD ~ Marcus Patrick
Price: $11.69
19 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Of mixed feelings, June 12, 2011
This review is from: I Do...I Did (DVD)
This is a film that you should rent before you buy it. Some of the logic of this film is just wrong, but I actually enjoyed the film. The whole idea is pliable, but not realistic because of legal issues which aren't addressed at all. The script needed some work on it, but Cheri Johnson does make a good attempt to carry this film, but even she struggles to do it at times.
If you are into modern day "Black Cinema", it is worth seeing at least once, but rent it to make sure that you really want to buy it and add it to your collection.

Page: 1 | 2