Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (CT, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Flash Gold (The Flash Gold Chronicles Book 1)
Flash Gold (The Flash Gold Chronicles Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great short start to an enjoyable series, March 1, 2014
This novella has a new fully imagined world, interesting characters, and rollicking adventures. Oh, and it has cool devices, mysterious characters, and a great steam punk feel to it. It also has a strong, smart, and geeky heroine, which made it enjoyable to raed. and My only wish is that it had been longer, because I want more!

I have read many of Lindsay Buroker's other books, and have enjoyed them all. This new story happily takes its place on my (electronic) bookshelf next to the others. Fun, exciting, and thoroughly enjoyable.

Jade Darcy and the Affair of Honor
Jade Darcy and the Affair of Honor
by Stephen Goldin
Price: $13.96
10 used & new from $7.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, though very hard on its main character, February 3, 2014
I read all of the other reviews, and I don't know what I can add to them. They are all far better written than I can manage. That said, I'll try to say something new because I really liked the book, and it deserves my best effort. The story is wrenching, brutal, and harsh. It deals with the psychological trauma of Jade Darcy, and her slow return to a more "human" existence. Along the way, it has a lot of interesting, different characters (mostly non-human) all of whom interact with the broken Jade. As the story progresses, she has interesting and exciting adventures, including lots of battles (both verbal and physical). I don't want to give too much away, so as not to spoil it for others. I really felt for the character, and it affected me deeply to read about her. The writing is superb, and really carried me into the life of the character.

I really hope that Stephen writes another sequel (after Jade Darcy and the Zen Pirates), as I would really like to see Jade continue her story.

Double Wedding Ring Quilt Notebook (Decorative Notebooks)
Double Wedding Ring Quilt Notebook (Decorative Notebooks)
by Museum of American Folk Art
Price: $1.35
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, February 14, 2013
My wife uses small notebooks to keep track of to-do lists, to jot down ideas (she is an artist), and to leave notes for me when needed. She absolutely, positively, loved these notebooks (I got her several, with different artwork). They fulfill all her needs, and are attractive to look at. Recommended by my wife and me!

RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 10 Ft
RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 10 Ft
Offered by Ultra Spec Cables (RiteAV®)
Price: $9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, January 12, 2013
I installed this to bring a signal from a laptop to an LCD TV. It works perfectly and is inexpensive. The signal being sent is only 1024x768, and is very clear at this resolution. I cannot vouch for it at higher resolutions.

Elementary Theory of Numbers
Elementary Theory of Numbers
by Harriet Griffin
9 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Complex math explained well, January 12, 2013
(Note: I am a software engineer) A coworker of mine had this, and I read the first couple of chapters. I enjoyed the math, so I bought it for myself. It will take me numerous months to work through it all, but it is fun and interesting. For some of us, anyways :-).

The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession
by Allison Hoover Bartlett
Price: $12.12
231 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loved it, January 12, 2013
This was a gift for my wife, who loves books on true crime and somewhat unusual people. She was loved the book, and found it (and the subject of the book) fascinating.

C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
C2G / Cables to Go 30504 USB 2.0 to IDE or Serial ATA Drive Adapter (Black)
Price: $17.99
84 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, November 29, 2012
This is a good product that does the job. I wish it was completely USB powered, and didn't need the included external power supply. However, I understand the limitations of USB: 5V * 1A = 5W. Most hard drives (especially older ones) need more than this. However, for the ones that don't, it would be nice to have the option of not having to find a free outlet. This is the only thing preventing me from giving it 5 stars.

Immortal
Immortal
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Not high entertainment, but not bad either., November 29, 2012
This review is from: Immortal (Kindle Edition)
This is a good book, but not a great one. I found the lead character not terribly likable, and worse, a bit of a "waste of space and air". It is hard to like the book when you find the lead character this non-likable. However, the story is interesting, and the writing is good. I enjoyed the book, but would not re-read it. I can only offer a lukewarm recommendation for it.

Lumbar Support Cushion
Lumbar Support Cushion
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $25.62
17 used & new from $19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this pillow, November 29, 2012
This pillow is perfect for me. I have a "bulged disc" (not quite herniated). This pillow is great because it allows me to sit with my back properly supported. I have 2 of these: one for the home PC chair, and one at the office. Strongly recommended if you need to sit without slouching.

Zefal WIIZ Side Mount Bottle Cage (White)
Zefal WIIZ Side Mount Bottle Cage (White)
Price: $7.64
10 used & new from $3.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent water bottle cage, October 28, 2012
I installed this on my wife's new bike, and we've been on several rides since then. She has praised it every time. It is easy to get the water bottle in and out of, the water bottle doesn't rattle like it did in her old bike, and it is very light. My wife and I recommend this carrier!

Page: 1 | 2