Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for Way Beyond The Pages > Reviews

Browse

Way Beyond The P...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Way Beyond The Pages RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Easy
Easy
by Tammara Webber
40 used & new from $0.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy is EASILY the BEST college romance EVER!, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Easy (Paperback)
If you think you liked "Beautiful disaster" you will fall completely in love with "Easy".
It is such a well written book that sucks you in instantly!

Buy it now!!!!

The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas)
The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas)
by Lori Wilde
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.87
153 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, fast paced and just ADORABLE! 5 Stars, August 3, 2012
'The cowboy and the princess', by miss Lori Wilde, had the complete package. It was fun, entertaining, heartfelt and even a little heartbreaking.
The story starts off with Brady, our hero, driving in the rain where he sees a girl standing on the side of the highway trying to get a ride. Even though he's vowed never to pick up hitchhikers he just can't let the poor girl freeze to death in the awful weather. So he stops, she gets in his truck and from there both of their worlds are changed forever.
The girl in question is none other than Princess Anabella of Monesta, the smallest country in Europe. She's run away from her bodyguards to have the time of her life and experience an adventure before her arranged marriage to Teddy, the prince of Dubenstein.
She keeps her real identity hidden from Brady and introduces herself as Annie.

I cannot tell you how much I adored this book. It has a solid storyline, some amazing main and secondary characters and just so much 'heart'.
If this book was a person it'd be one of those people who makes everyone smile with their presence. A person who makes everyone feel like things are gonna be 'OK' no matter what kind of mess you're in.
Annie and Brady shared amazing chemistry. There was a constant push and pull between them that was so immensely enjoyable to read. They are the complete opposites of each other. Annie is proper and always a lady. Brady, on the other hand, is a true cowboy! Rough and tough, but with a heart of gold.
I fell in love with them right away!

The secondary characters are not many or written about too much, but you can't help to fall in love with them either. Miss Wilde has this style of writing that sucks you in. I picked up this book and I couldn't put it down! It was addictive. I just kept flipping pages and left myself wanting more and more. And once I had finished reading it, I was satisfied! It was just such a wonderful book. I mean, who doesn't like cowboys and damsels in distress? That combo itself has 'hit' written all over it.

There's a lot of drama in this book, including death, scandal and even some baby drama (which I'm not gonna say anymore about, you just have to read the book to find out! It is adorable!) But above all I believe this book is a 'feel good' book. You will have a big smile on your face when reading this. With that said, don't be surprised if you shed a tear or two, I know I did!

Overall 'The Cowboy and The Princess' was great! Anyone who loves romance will love this romantic, funny and entertaining book. Go for it! 5 STARS

How to Be a Proper Lady: A Falcon Club Novel (The Falcon Club)
How to Be a Proper Lady: A Falcon Club Novel (The Falcon Club)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag! 3 Stars!, June 26, 2012
This is my first attempt at Katherine Ashe and her Falcon Club series. It might have been a mistake, perhaps I should've read the first book in the series before reading this one. But I have started reading books belonging to series randomly so many times, that I figured I was OK.

In this nautical romance, set in the 1800's, you'll meet the headstrong and opinionated Viola and Jinan, our hero. Viola was taken from her home by her biological father when she was 10. Her father being a sailor, she spent most of her life at sea. When he passed, she was given his ship and became the captain of that ship.
Viola is nothing like a lady, she argues, wears trousers and bosses people around. One day, on sea, she sinks another ship! The ship belongs to none other than Jinan and his crew. Viola takes them aboard her ship and allows them to work for her. There's no denying the sparks between Jinan and Viola, but neither one of them admit it. Jinan reveals to Viola that he has been looking for her for a long, long time.
Her sister has 'hired' Jinan to find Viola and bring her back home to England. Viola, who at first denies that she's the same girl who disappeared from her home at age 10, makes a bet with Jinan. If she can make him fall in love with her, she will get one of his ships. If she fails, she'll agree to go back home to England. Viola falls hard for Jinan, and lets him take her back to her sister.

I have mixed feelings for this book. I expected too much, I guess. But being an avid romance reader for some years now, I naturally have high expectations from book in this genre. Although there were plenty of extremely well written and steamy hot scenes, this book didn't capture my interest. Other than the romantic scenes I found myself yawning. The characters would indulge in conversation that would just go on and on and on! Most of the conversations bored me to the point that I was ready to give up. The first 10 chapters were very slow, they were spent aboard where nothing interesting ever happened, it picked up pace after that though only to slow down again.
As I mentioned earlier, maybe I should have started this series from the first book. There were random things that I did not get, such as the letter exchanges between some dude named Peregrine and some lady called 'Lady justice'. I did not get this at all! What was that all about, it was so random and had nothing to do with the story. I would love it for someone who has read the first Book to explain this to me, as I was completely clueless about this.

Also the heroine, Viola, was not that likeable. She loved bickering and argued on everything. She was rude and always seemed to have her nostrils flared. Jinan, on the other hand, was a delightful man. Although he's described as not being a gentleman, he definitely was. He knew exactly when to talk and when to give Viola space. He was understanding and so HOT!!! Jinan was perfect. But I could not understand for the life of me, why this perfect man would like Viola. She just annoyed me so much.

I'm giving this book a 3 ut of 5, an extra point for the well written steamyscenesand Jinan.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2012 9:58 AM PDT

Fondarific Buttercream Wedding White Fondant, 5-Pounds
Fondarific Buttercream Wedding White Fondant, 5-Pounds
Offered by Global Sugar Art LLC
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy! Very tasty and easy to work with., May 30, 2012
I've tried Wilton's fondant before, which tasted horrible and wasn't that easy to work with. Fondarific fondant is amazing! It takes color very nicely, I use Wilton's gel colors, and is very easy to work with. It's a little hard when you take it out of the container, but I just pop it in the microwave for 10seconds and it becomes soft enough for me to work with.
This fondant tastes soooo good! Like cotton candy. Delicious!!
I made a 3 tier birthday cake using this stuff and I still have some fondant left over.
My tiers were 10", 8" and 6". The first two tiers were 4" tall and the 6" tier was 8" tall. I also used this for decorations.
Everyone at the party loved it!

Ishaqzaade
Ishaqzaade

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome composition by Amit Trivedi!, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Ishaqzaade (MP3 Music)
I loved this soundtrack when I first listened to it. And months later I still love it.
'Pareshan' is somewhat of a masterpiece! It has a catchy tune and really nice lyrics.
I love the playfulness of 'Chokra Jawan', nice to have an 'item song' written for a man.
I absolutely LOVE 'Jhalla Wallah'. It is my favorite of the soundtrack along with 'Pareshan'.

All in all, this soundtrack is awesome! Every song is catchy and unique in its own way. A wide variety for music lovers for sure.
Amit Trivedi has done it again.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
by E. L. James
Price: $9.04
2209 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Hands up if you can write a better novel than this piece of crap!, May 30, 2012
After so much hype and constant recommendations I finally got around to reading this.
Sherri Shepherd even featured this very book on 'The View' as one of her favorite things!
Firstly, let me tell you that I am not a writer so I am not in any shape or form even remotely talented enough to write a novel. Yes, I pretty much suck at writing, story building, imagining etc. BUT, I COULD HAVE WRITTEN A BETTER BOOK THAN 'FIFTY SHADES OF GREY'!!!!

This book was written so badly that I can only guess the author is a horny teenager who's put what she "thinks" sex is like on paper.
Anastasia's experiences with sex are NOT possible in the real world. It is RIDICULOUS how this girl, who may I add is a virgin in the beginning of this book, can climax and reach the height of an orgasm at the touch of her goddamn fingernail by this man!!!
Christian Grey is suppose to be the man of every woman's dreams. YEAH RIGHT!! More like the worst nightmare! Who wants a man who controls you, HURTS YOU and bosses you around? Not me!
His fetish is disgusting. Maybe some people prefer it that way, but I can't even stomach it. I prefer my books to have some sensuality, passion, LOVE(???). This book is lacking in all!
This author has gained so much popularity, for this? I cannot believe it!
Anastasia acts like a teenager with no experience or brains! She seemed so stupid to me.

Girls, if a man you don't know makes you an offer to become his sex slave you RUN!!! You run the other way and never look back!!! You get a restraining order against him! You DO NOT agree to it! GODDDDD!!! What a dumb girl this Anastasia is!

I know a lot of people loved this book. I am not one of them. I did not see the love.
Ana blushes a million times, chews on her lips a trillion times(I was surprised she still had any lips left on her after all that chewing, it can not be healty!) and flutters her eyelashes a gazillion times.
Did this book have an editor? Hell, even I could have edited it down. But then only oh about 40 pages would be left of the book.
It seems like this is something that had been posted to fan fiction sites and by some miracle was published.

'Fifty shades of grey' is more like a nightmare. Read at your own risk. Don't tell me I didn't warn you folks! I still have a bad aftertaste of this book. Disgusting!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2012 12:47 PM PDT

Kiss an Angel
Kiss an Angel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book of all time!!, May 15, 2012
This review is from: Kiss an Angel (Kindle Edition)
This book was first released in 1996. I was 7 years old then.
I was a little hesitant at first, since it was written in the 90's I thought it would be a little outdated. But boy was I wrong!
This book is amazing! It has a solid story and some amazing characters. I just finished this book yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it.
I loved the 2 main characters, mainly the character of Daisy. She warmed my heart! She was such an amazing woman.
This has to be my absolute favorite romance novel EVER! I cannot find a single flaw in it.

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments)
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments)
by Cassandra Clare
Price: $15.63
192 used & new from $0.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved City Of Lost Souls! Love Cassandra! 4 STARS, May 8, 2012
I love this series by Cassandra Clare! I know a lot of people are getting sick of how Cassandra has chosen to write book after book. I was also a little hesitant at first, and thought that the series should've ended at City of glass. But I just can't seem to get enough of Jace!

In City of lost souls Lilith, the demon has been destroyed and Jace and Sebastian are missing. Clary, not getting any help from the Clave, decides to go out and find them herself. Alec, Simon and Isabelle tag along, of course!!
When Clary and Jace meet she feels that he's changed. Hanging around her evil brother, Sebastian, has made Jace into a different person. He's acting like him and Sebastian are close friends, and that he actually likes him. They soon find out that Jace has been bound to Sebastian, and killing one of them would kill the other as well. Since the Clave is determined to destroy Sebastian, Clary and her friends must find a way to save Jace.

The cover of this book was so different from the other book covers in this series. But I do feel like it did justice to the story. There was a lot more romance than there was action, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Since the previous books were all so action packed I feel it was the right move by Clare to slow down a little.
The first 100 or so pages were a little slow, but as soon as Jace came back in the picture the story started moving, fast.
I did love the chemistry between Clary and Jace, again! Jace was hot as a baddie!! Still as charming as always. Clary believed that Jace could be saved, it was kind of heartbreaking actually. But I loved how Isabelle, Alec, Magnus and Simon got involved. I had missed Magnus!!
I loved how Cassandra focused a lot on Isabelle and Simon's relationship as well. That part of the story earned some extra points.

What kind of threw me off was the relationship between Clary and her brother Sebastian. I don't understand how Clary could be checking his body out, kind of creeped me out.

Overall I did enjoy City of lost souls! It does not end in a cliffhanger, which is a relief since almost every book in this series has ended in one. I cannot wait to read the next book!
Loved the book and love this series.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2012 8:33 AM PDT

Unraveling
Unraveling
by Elizabeth Norris
Price: $16.29
87 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much going on! Does not work. 2.5 STARS, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Unraveling (Hardcover)
I was so anxious to read this book. A sci-fi suspense? Sound so awesome!
Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realize it's just another cheesy, cliched YA romance.
Janelle is hit by a truck and dies. She's brought back to life by the loner stoner Ben. And now she has to find out how he did it.
At the same time mysterious radiation deaths are happening around the city. And somehow Jan feels they're connected to her death experience and Ben.

There was too much going on in this book. And it just felt all over the place for me.
Too many cliches. Janelle has a boyfriend, Nick. He's PERFECT! *gasp* Tall, dark and handsome, with washboard abs! Everything a girl could dream about. But Janelle isn't feeling it. She doesn't see a future with him and he annoys her. Ok, I've seen this in a million other YA book. My question to Janelle is. Why are you even with him in the first place? GAH! It annoys me so darn much.
Janelle also has a best friend, Alex. Yes, he's a guy. And I'm not one of those people who believe that boys and girls can't be friends. Sure they can. But come on! These two spend all their time together!! And there's no talk of him being gay. Hmm.
Other issues were Janelle's mom being bi-polar. Jan's 13/14 year old brother acting like a toddler. I mean this girl did everything for him, from making his breakfast to taking him to polo practice. She did not act like a teenager.

The romance did nothing for me. Ben was boring. Jan was just ... plain. There was no chemistry. And the fact that the author has described Ben to smell like gasoline is just weird. Who smells like gasoline??? How is that even possible unless you work at a gas station? And how is that even attractive??
Ben hangs with the druggies. But he's really a smart, interesting and funny guy! Who would've thought? Oh, give me a break. It felt like deja vu. Every other YA book has Ben in it. Come up with something original, dear authors!

The only thing that worked for me was the suspense. Jan's dad is in the FBI and working on this mysterious case where they've found this device counting down to something. So Janelle figures that something big going to happen once the countdown reaches 0. Something disastrous! Like the end of the world or something. This part of the story was good! Exciting even. But then it goes downhill again when Janelle totally ignores the whole 'end of the world' disaster and everything becomes about Ben. Making out with him, spending time with him. I couldn't believe it!! Here she is, believing something huge is happening in just a few weeks, and she's become a lovestruck puppy hopelessly in love with his mystery boy with magical healing powers.

OVERALL, it did not impress me. The two most important things in a book is the characters and the story. Sadly this book was lacking in both. The characters were not well developed, nor was the story well told.
There was so much going on, nothing of which was explained well enough and that really brought the rating down.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2012 7:36 PM PDT

Insurgent
Insurgent
by Veronica Roth
Price: $12.10
670 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed and fast paced!! 5 STARS, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Insurgent (Hardcover)
With a first book as good as Divergent people were already speculating about the sequel. It's hard to meet the expectation everyone had. But Veronica did it!
Insurgent is action packed, fast paced and just an incredible sequel that will have you on the edge of your seat throughout this amazing journey.

Insurgent picks up exactly where Divergent ended. No time was wasted and we were immediately thrown into the crazy world Veronica Roth has built for us.
It's so hard for a sequel of a much loved book to be as good as the first. Especially the romance part. Reading about two people meeting and falling in love is much more interesting, than reading about a couple who've been together for a while now. Everything from that first meeting, to the first kiss, first touch, first fight. It's all so exciting, and I was worried about that angle of the book not being as good as the first. Although the excitement was not the same. It was intense.

Four and Tris, in the midst of everything, were struggling to be together. While the world falls apart around them, they have even more personal issues within to sort out.
Tris is haunted by the fact that she pulled the trigger that killed her friend Will. Christina is not talking to Tris, which makes it even harder.
Four and Tris first go to Amity, from which they have to flee to and they eventually end up at Candor.
In between these two factions, they come across the factionless. I was surprised to see the factionless were actually a functioning society. Much like how our world is. People could be themselves, instead of pretending to be someone else.
We also meet Evelyn, Tobias' mother. She's somewhat of a factionless leader and has a plan to that Jeanine down. Tobias, who though his mother was dead all this time, tries to cope with this new fact.
They also find out that Jeanine is planning something else. Something bigger. And it's time to stop her.

Insurgent was dark! Even depressing. The characters are not people you would want to befriend in real life. Tris was still grumpy and sad most of the time. But it's their struggles that makes them likeable. Underneath it all they are just teenagers. Teenagers who just had to grow up too fast. I feel for Tris. She lost her parents at such a young age and she's expected to let it go and move on.
Tobias is suffering from the angry young man syndrome, and it's so hard not to feel bad for him as well. I can't even imagine what he's been gone through. His father abusing him since he was a child. His mother walking out on him, making everyone think she was dead. Poor guy! Sometimes you forget he's only 17, he seems so much older and wiser.

The world building is impeccable! Veronica has done an amazing job at describing everything without it seeming like a lecture.
There was only one minor thing I had a problem with in this book as well as the first book. I just can't imagine a world like this, divided by factions. Who would actually want to live like this? Why didn't the factionless just go beyond the city border to see what else was out there. Surely, Chicago is not the only city left in the United States at that time. But I was willing to look past that. The story, plot, pace.. Everything was just perfect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4