Profile for Yakini Etheridge > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yakini Etheridge "Webgirl79" RSS Feed (New York, NY USA)

LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, pink
LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, pink
Offered by NextGen Source
Price: $59.99
68 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LeapFrog LeapPad Review - My Preschooler's Experience, August 31, 2011
I write a parenting blog called PrissyMommy.com and I received a LeapPad for review. I can tell you first off what a relief this has been for both my husband and myself. Our preschooler just couldn't keep his sticky (literally) little paws off of our ipad. He was always so intrigued by it, and my husband had more apps downloaded on it for him than us put together! So it's nice that he now has his OWN tablet that can occupy him through the weekends and on family trips. He carries it around in his little bear backpack when he's not on it. He sits between my husband and I on the couch and uses it, and it occupies him longer than any of his other toys and personal electronic devices.

The way we see it is computers will become a major part of his life, especially once he starts elementary school, and so I don't feel bad about letting him spend as long as he wants on it since the apps he is using are all educational. (It's not like plopping him down in front of the TV.) The apps that he plays with are directly correlated with what he's learning in school now, which is awesome for us. It's like reviewing school on the weekends, in a way that he enjoys and has fun with. We've been doing a lot of letter and number recognition, along with word building and learning about unusual animals and science. I also love that the screen is large, and the video picture is SO clear. He feels just like mommy and daddy now that he has his own camera. He especially loves the drawing feature, since he's really into art and creating.

I wish the battery life was a bit longer. We frequently make 5 hour trips down south and he likes to use it on and off throughout the trip, which can be draining on the battery when it's not turned off properly. He is having so much fun that we'd like to buy more games for it. I love that there's such a wide selection available, and that they're also compatible with the Explorer (which he got last Christmas). However, they are on the pricey side to me, so that'll have to be done in moderation.

Other than that, we love our LeapPad, and it's replaced his LeapTop for his #1 favorite personal electronic device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2011 1:56 PM PDT

Sex and the Southern Belle
Sex and the Southern Belle
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read For Anyone!, January 29, 2011
There are very few blogs that I enjoy enough to subscribe to and read regularly. This is one of them! I love SATSB because of the author's easy writing style, witty manner and, at times, racy content. However, the title is a bit misleading as it isn't just about her dating escapades, but also includes really useful home-making tips, delicious recipes to try, and good, old-fashioned advice about male/female relationships. Whether you're married, single, dating, or somewhere in-between, SATSB is a "must-read" for your Kindle!

Todays Tot Austin Toddler Bed - Oak
Todays Tot Austin Toddler Bed - Oak

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, April 8, 2010
LIKES: We received our bed quickly and assembly wasn't difficult. It is an attractive bed that looks more expensive than it is, so for that I am pleased. While the drawer space underneath is shallow, it is wide/roomy and able to hold his socks and pajamas.

DISLIKES: The bed is a bit higher from the floor than I thought - so my 15-month-old (who is average/tall height) needs assistance climbing in and out.

I was disappointed that the side rails aren't higher. I had planned to use my son's crib mattress (which is standard thickness), but once the mattress is in place in the toddler bed it's the same height as the rails. So either we are going to have to order an additional, thinner mattress, or add our own supplemental rails. I have thus had to post-pone transitioning my toddler over to this bed, because I don't feel comfortable with him sleeping there yet without higher protective rails.

OVERVIEW: In sum, I am pleased with the bed, but I wish the product description had indicated that a thinner crib mattress is necessary, in order for the bed rails to actually offer any protection from falling out. Essentially, the picture is deceiving, as that clearly isn't a standard-thickness crib mattress shown.

Noir Mommies - The Premier Parenting Network
Noir Mommies - The Premier Parenting Network

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must-Have" For Your Kindle, August 21, 2009
Noir Mommies is an information sharing community that helps guide parents and parents-to-be. Many of the stories shared by other moms and dads over there have hit home for me on a very personal level... and I love that! It really is an amazing resource. However, not only are the articles on point, it's an ezine after my own heart because of how attractive and eye-catching the design (if you ask me, presentation is everything in cyberspace!) This blog is perfect for both new and seasoned parents!