Profile for Jeffrey Strain > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey Strain RSS Feed (Des Moines, IA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Strange Library
The Strange Library
by Haruki Murakami
Price: $12.19
99 used & new from $6.98

2.0 out of 5 stars The Strange Library makes the case for anti-depression medicine., July 28, 2015
This review is from: The Strange Library (Paperback)
This is a needlessly depressing story. I imagine he is challenging the notion because a character has valiantly withstood obstacles his life will turn out well afterwards. Algernon Blackwood's Jimbo might be the better choice. I will say the story is short and moves at a good clip.

The Books of Blood Volume 6
The Books of Blood Volume 6
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition to Any Kindle, June 6, 2015
I had been trying to find "On Jerusalem Street" for some time. Barker is one of my favorite writers.

The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai
The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai
DVD ~ Yukijiro Hotaru
10 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Late-Night Film that Makes George W. Bush Look Cool!, June 6, 2015
I want to recommend this book on Facebook, but my friends and family might not like Japanese pink. Their loss, I say. This may be my favorite guilty pleasure film. With end of the world nuke fears renewed by recent Middle East politics, this could be our Dr. Strangelove , or not. Anyway, this film-maker made George W. Bush look cool and that is some accomplishment.

Tortured Souls: The Legend of Primordium
Tortured Souls: The Legend of Primordium
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Barker is Back, February 28, 2015
Clive Barker excels at novellas, The Hell Bound Heart and In the Flesh. I read this last night and as Teddy Roosevelt once said. "Good to the last drop;" Chinga Chiliad, Barker is back!

Yoga Undressed, The Goddess Series - Naked Yoga for the Beginner: A Flowing Tantric Vinyasa, Kundalini & Hatha Yoga Practice
Offered by MassageStore
Price: $20.00
3 used & new from $15.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Goddesses of Bad Complexions, January 13, 2015
This is the case for dermatology or leotards. I actually tossed this dvd.

Barack Obama Toilet Paper, 3-Pack
Barack Obama Toilet Paper, 3-Pack
Price: $14.19
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasteless But Useful, January 13, 2015
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my mom, who is not a fan. I ended up getting her something more Christmassy. Unfortunately, it is a cold winter night and I am out of toliet paper. It either this or kleenex.

The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir by Friedkin, William (2013)
The Friedkin Connection: A Memoir by Friedkin, William (2013)
24 used & new from $7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars A great memoir. I like most of his movies and ..., January 13, 2015
A great memoir. I like most of his movies and it was fun to read about how they were made. It occurred to me that Friedkin writes scenes for a living, s o the events he describes are extraordinarily clear. There are so many surprises: an actual devil-worshiping cult and not just goth kids trying to be spooky, the deeply disturbing goings on in a gay S&M club, the tantrums of pouting Al and the
insecurity of Gene. You will also discover what a complicated project a movie is. This is one of my favorite books.

The Mystic Mullah (Doc Savage #9)
The Mystic Mullah (Doc Savage #9)
by Kenneth Robeson
19 used & new from $4.60

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mystic Mullah is Taut, Fast-Paced and Fun!, December 6, 2014
Lester Dent said his job was to produce "sellable crap." These books are taut, fast-paced and fun. The Mystic Mullah is one of my favorites, especially, with Bantam's Bama cover illustraion.

The Outlaws of the Marsh
The Outlaws of the Marsh
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Least Stuffy Classic I've Read, December 6, 2014
I am liking the book so far. I haven't finished it yet. Some of the foul language seemed more American inner city than Ancient China. It took me out the story a bit. Other than that I am glad I bought this translation. The book is fast-paced and entertaining.

Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging [DVD]
Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging [DVD]
by L Hubbard
Edition: DVD
39 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars See this Before Taking Any, August 25, 2014
This should be a companion piece to The Psychopath Test. Who doesn't know someone hooked for life and mentally impaired by these drugs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5