Profile for triquestral > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

triquestral "triquestral" RSS Feed (Copenhagen)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Flip & Tumble 24-7 Bag, Deep Aqua/Sky
Flip & Tumble 24-7 Bag, Deep Aqua/Sky
Price: $19.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful and a great design, May 11, 2014
I have this bag in turquoise (deep aqua), fuchsia, lime and dark purple. The turquoise and pink are great colors - very clear and vivid. The dark purple was a bit of a disappointment because it is so dark it is hard to see that it's purple. The lime was not a clear, pretty lime green but more of a dreary pea soup, so that was another disappointment. In any case, I love the design of these bags. They very easily pack into the stretchy integrated pocket, and form a ball when rolled up. (I get the urge to juggle them when they're in their ball state. I only wish I knew how to juggle!) The cover makes an inside pocket when the bag is opened up, which is useful for a telephone or keys. The idea with the felt strip on the strap is that it should keep the bag from sliding off your shoulder when you're carrying it, although it doesn't really work for me. It might for someone with bigger or less rounded shoulders, though. The fact that it is so easy to pack up again means that you can do it in a flash, right after the bag is empty, and then pop it back in your purse or pocket or whatever so that it is ready for next time. (And so you HAVE it next time, most importantly.) The old style of packable bags, where you always had to fold it very precisely and then TRY to find the pouch that held it (if you could) are nothing next to this one. I think it has to do with the pocket being made of a stretchy material that makes it so easy to pack. It's also fun to have a ball with you, in case of bored kids. (Or annoying kids - you can always throw it at them!) I really love the design, and have given many as gifts.

Star Wars 2012 Exclusive Electronic ULTIMATE FX Lightsaber QuiGon Jinn
Star Wars 2012 Exclusive Electronic ULTIMATE FX Lightsaber QuiGon Jinn
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $46.99
14 used & new from $43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome toy, May 11, 2014
I bought this for my six year-old after seeing a you-tube video of a guy trying to destroy his. It took him forever, and that even using pretty brutal means, so I figured it would hold up to my son. It is durable, and extremely cool. The green light rises up the shaft during the "power up" and then sinks down again during "power down", so it is much more dramatic than a simple on/off. It makes swooshing sounds when you wave it around, and clashing sounds when you hit it against something. There was nothing even remotely this awesome when I was a kid. My son loves it, and his uncles and friends are all very impressed. Mega points to the mama who bought it :o)

Cepacol Sore Throat Max Numbing Honey Lemon, 16 Count (Pack of 3)
Cepacol Sore Throat Max Numbing Honey Lemon, 16 Count (Pack of 3)
Offered by AmericanWholesale
Price: $11.68
12 used & new from $5.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Really awful, May 11, 2014
The "honey lemon" flavor tastes like some kind of nasty chemical perfume. Honestly, it's nothing like honey or lemon, or even a chemical version thereof - it tasted like I was sucking on some kind of air-freshener block used in a dodgy public restroom. The numbing effect is okay, but certainly not worth the sickening taste. I thought honey lemon would be relatively normal-tasting, but apparently not. I shudder to think what the "cherry" would taste like. Gah.

Hawkmistress!
Hawkmistress!

2.0 out of 5 stars The story is great, but the Kindle editing will have you wanting to tear your hair out, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Hawkmistress! (Kindle Edition)
What is it with the fantasy genre and crappy Kindle editing???? Save your money and buy a secondhand paperback. The kindle edition of Hawkmistress sucks. I wish I had returned mine in time, but that's what you get for not reading a book straightaway.

Desigual Handbags Bols Bouling Peacock 31X5150 Satchel,Violeta,One Size
Desigual Handbags Bols Bouling Peacock 31X5150 Satchel,Violeta,One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE quality, July 11, 2013
I bought this bag in an airport shop for $100 at the beginning of April. After about a month, the stitching on the inside zipper pocket had given way, meaning that anything placed in the pocket is immediately lost in the lining. After about 2 months of use, I noticed that the vinyl straps were starting to peel and crack, the stitching was giving way, the logo was falling off, and the fabric was pilling up. Now I've had the purse for 3 months and four days, and the zipper pull has fallen off today, meaning that unless I am willing to buy a new zipper and sew it in myself, or run around with my purse gaping open, it is useless. I have not given this purse any hard use - it's been on my shoulder maybe 20 minutes a day, tops, and otherwise been hanging on a hook or sitting on my desk. It is a pretty bag, and roomy enough for generous daily use, but the quality is scandalous considering the price. I don't think I will be buying any more Desigual items again, no matter how pretty they are.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2013 2:31 PM PDT

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rivers of London = Midnight Riot, June 27, 2013
I've read and loved all three PC Grant books and am eagerly awaiting the 4th. Ben Aaronovitch writes brilliantly! However, Amazon is doing customers a real disservice by selling this book under both titles "Rivers of London" and "Midnight Riot" without clearly stating "also published as..." in the book description (NOT buried in the reviews!!). I had enjoyed Rivers of London and the next two so much that I was really excited to see the "new" one Midnight Riot. I bought it and started reading, only to find out that it was just a new title for Rivers of London. Fortunately, the kindle people refunded the price without any quibbling, but it is still sloppily deceptive to sell both titles without a warning.

Midnight Riot (Peter Grant Book 1)
Midnight Riot (Peter Grant Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Riot = Rivers of London, June 27, 2013
I've read and loved all three PC Grant books and am eagerly awaiting the 4th. Ben Aaronovitch writes brilliantly! However, Amazon is doing customers a real disservice by selling this book under both titles "Rivers of London" and "Midnight Riot" without clearly stating "also published as..." in the book description. I had enjoyed Rivers of London and the next two so much that I was really excited to see the "new" one Midnight Riot. I bought it and started reading, only to find out that it was just a new title for Rivers of London. Fortunately, the kindle people refunded the price without any quibbling, but it is still sloppily deceptive to sell both titles without a warning. I hope I get enough helpful votes that this review goes high enough to alert others because no one needs to be disappointed like that.

KEEN Women's Newport H2 Water Shoe,Neutral Grey/Purple Sage,10 M US
KEEN Women's Newport H2 Water Shoe,Neutral Grey/Purple Sage,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sandals, April 28, 2013
I love keens! I climbed Enchanted Rock in Texas on the very first day I wore these, and didn't get a single blister. Was it daring to wear new shoes? Nope, because they're Keens and therefore will make your feet happy. Happy happy happy :o) I bought the neutral grey/ purple sage color and it is beautiful. It's purple enough to be fun but not so much that it takes over and screams "PURPLE SHOES!!!" with every step. I like my shoes roomy so I sized up, but it wasn't really necessary and these are a little loose. Fortunately, it is easy to tighten them up with the elastic laces, so it's fine.

Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Comfort Crew Athletic Sock, White, size 9-11
Gold Toe Women's 3-Pack Comfort Crew Athletic Sock, White, size 9-11
Price: $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok., April 28, 2013
They fit smaller than I expected and are a thinner quality than the Hanes socks I have. I'm not all that impressed.

Swimways Power Swimr - Size Medium - Blue/Aqua
Swimways Power Swimr - Size Medium - Blue/Aqua

4.0 out of 5 stars Great swimming aid!, April 28, 2013
I have had these vests for all of my children, and they are great. They give enough buoyancy that the child is held in the right position for dog-paddling, and this aids the transition to real swimming. I've never understood the point of water wings- how does holding the elbows above shoulder height help anything? This vest is much better and is easy and comfortable to wear. I like the new colors, but I didn't give it more than four stars because I think the new fabric is far too thin and seems like it will wear through quickly. That's too bad, because chlorine and rough pool sides can be tough on fabric.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3