Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Pam Gearhart > Reviews

Browse

Pam Gearhart's Profile

Customer Reviews: 233

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pam Gearhart RSS Feed (Iowa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
3M Desktop Paper Document Copy Holder, 150 Sheet Capacity (DH340MB)
3M Desktop Paper Document Copy Holder, 150 Sheet Capacity (DH340MB)
Price: $11.72
122 used & new from $8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful features, January 20, 2016
I bought this one to replace one that doesn't have the "lip" on the bottom -- paper would slide, even with the plastic bar over the paper.

So this one gets major points for the lip, and more points for the adjustable clip. The clip slides up and down, so if you need to read from something small, like an index card, it can be clipped to eye level. The copy holder is lightweight but sturdy, and the plastic bar is see-through, which is a big help, and a feature that some copy holders don't have.

Dixie Combo Pack - 8-1/2" & 6-7/8" Paper Plates, 12 oz. Paper Hot Cups, Cutlery, and Napkins (1 Box of 50 Dining Sets)
19 used & new from $35.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient!, October 14, 2015
What a nifty idea -- disposable tableware in a set. I ordered this for a small community event, and it was convenient to get everything we needed in one package. The plates and cups are typical Dixie quality (good) and everything came in a sturdy box. I especially appreciate the box. The opening is a flap with sides that tuck in. I didn't use all 50, so I like that the box is strong enough that I can re-pack it and store for the next event. The design is elegant and understated (if one can use "elegant" to describe disposables).

I'll buy this again.

Alba Botanica Good and Healthy Anti-Oil Weightless Moisture, 1.7 Ounce
Alba Botanica Good and Healthy Anti-Oil Weightless Moisture, 1.7 Ounce
2 used & new from $38.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, this is different!, August 14, 2015
I like the feel -- light and not greasy -- but it smells too much like grass. I guess that's a sign that it's really all natural, but I don't want the scent of new-mown grass on my face. The consistency is odd -- it's not smooth. Not exactly chunky, but not smooth.

I love another Alba product, the toning face wash, so had hoped this would be a good companion.

Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
Price: $12.99
8 used & new from $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice assortment, August 14, 2015
What I liked best about these containers is the different sizes. I don't have to mark which one is shampoo, body wash, face wash, etc. There are tiny little jars and several bottles, including a spray bottle. The caps hold securely and the plastic is sturdy.

My only complaint is that the zip-lock plastic case won't close. I was hoping to use it to store the bottles in my suitcase, but I guess I'll be using a sandwich bag instead.

GAY LIFE (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 1153)
GAY LIFE (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 1153)

5.0 out of 5 stars People watching without leaving your chair!, August 14, 2015
I've been on a Delafield binge lately, and so far, this one's my favorite. There's not much of a plot -- characters are American and British tourists on the French Riviera (I assume Cote d'Azur is on the French Riviera). We follow them for several days as they bathe (1920's talk for swimming), dine, converse, fall in and out of love, and watch one another.

If you're looking for characterization, and for a glimpse into another time -- a time that was shading from Victorian repression into our more modern, free-wheeling world -- this is it.

Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo, 10.14 Ounce
Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo, 10.14 Ounce
Price: $14.99
19 used & new from $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me, July 25, 2015
This is the first shampoo marketed as "thickening" that actually seems to work for me. I have fine, thin hair -- always have. It's even thinner after a couple of surgeries. Did you know that even simple surgery can result in slight hair loss? I didn't. My hair dresser noticed it and asked what happened.

I used to have to apply extra product to get even a little bit of body, but I don't need to do that now. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being my formerly totally flat hair and 10 being oh, Sophia Loren hair, I'd say I'm at 5. (I don't expect miracles from a shampoo.)

The scent is just what it says -- lemon and sage -- and it takes very little to work up a nice lather. It rinses clean.

Our Elizabeth A Humour Novel
Our Elizabeth A Humour Novel
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad that this (apparently) is Kilpatrick's only book!, July 25, 2015
The Elizabeth in the title is a newly-hired servant (housemaid, cook, laundress, etc.) in the household of a writing couple. Husband is a journalist and the wife writes an advice column. They've gotten along fine for ten years, but when the husband complains about eating scrambled eggs and tinned soup -- again! -- the wife decides it's time to hire some help.

Elizabeth is an engaging character with a tendency toward match-making, and her scheming to bring a friend of the family together with the wife's sister is fun to watch.

This was a fun read and felt surprisingly contemporary. Hard to believe it was written almost a hundred years ago.

L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Lotion, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Lotion, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Price: $12.99
22 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm seeing a difference, July 25, 2015
At 70 and with a smoking history, I don't expect miracles from a skin care product. But I'm seeing improvement, even in deep lines. Not face-lift improvement, mind you, but improvement. My skin also feels more firm. I like that.

Another plus is that it doesn't feel greasy. I've used it in the morning and there's no "pilling", you know, when a product has been on your face for several hours and you rub your face and stuff comes off. It absorbs without leaving any shine or residue. I don't wear foundation makeup so if I like a cream that's advertised as a "night cream", I'll use it in the daytime.

The scent is so light as to be unnoticeable. A dab the size of a dime is enough, so this will last a long time.

Recommended, without reservation.

100% Cotton WASHCLOTHS, 10pc Set, Colors may Vary
100% Cotton WASHCLOTHS, 10pc Set, Colors may Vary
Offered by Dealway
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the texture, July 25, 2015
Mine were pink, yellow, light brown, white, and turquoise. They're thin, which is what I want in a washcloth. How else can you get your ears clean? The texture is nubby, which is also good. Not as abrasive as a loofah, but abrasive enough to do the job.

If you're buying these for a gift, however, check them over. The hemming on one of mine was loose.

Shipping was fast. The cloths were packaged in cellophane and tied up with a ribbon.

Oster CKSTSKFM12-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12-Inch
Oster CKSTSKFM12-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12-Inch
Price: $29.99
13 used & new from $25.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, May 21, 2015
This was a Christmas gift from a relative (from my Wish List). It worked great for a couple weeks. I could fry an egg without any butter or oil, and whatever I made, the skillet wiped clean with a paper towel.

Soon I noticed that the skillet wouldn't maintain the temperature. Even for something as quick as a grilled cheese sandwich, I had to constantly dial it up. And it heated very unevenly. Another reviewer mentioned pancakes and yep, they'd be brown around the outside but the middle wasn't done.

And the food started to stick, even with spray or oil. After five months, there are stains in a circle over the heating element.

It's still useful within its limitations, but it's a big disappointment. I'm glad my relative didn't pay more for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20