Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Pam Gearhart > Reviews

Browse

Pam Gearhart's Profile

Customer Reviews: 231

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pam Gearhart RSS Feed (Iowa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Alba Botanica Good and Healthy Anti-Oil Weightless Moisture, 1.7 Ounce
Alba Botanica Good and Healthy Anti-Oil Weightless Moisture, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by FIVE Stars
Price: $9.99
11 used & new from $5.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, this is different!, August 14, 2015
I like the feel -- light and not greasy -- but it smells too much like grass. I guess that's a sign that it's really all natural, but I don't want the scent of new-mown grass on my face. The consistency is odd -- it's not smooth. Not exactly chunky, but not smooth.

I love another Alba product, the toning face wash, so had hoped this would be a good companion.

Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
Price: $12.99
10 used & new from $12.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice assortment, August 14, 2015
What I liked best about these containers is the different sizes. I don't have to mark which one is shampoo, body wash, face wash, etc. There are tiny little jars and several bottles, including a spray bottle. The caps hold securely and the plastic is sturdy.

My only complaint is that the zip-lock plastic case won't close. I was hoping to use it to store the bottles in my suitcase, but I guess I'll be using a sandwich bag instead.

GAY LIFE (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 1153)
GAY LIFE (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 1153)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars People watching without leaving your chair!, August 14, 2015
I've been on a Delafield binge lately, and so far, this one's my favorite. There's not much of a plot -- characters are American and British tourists on the French Riviera (I assume Cote d'Azur is on the French Riviera). We follow them for several days as they bathe (1920's talk for swimming), dine, converse, fall in and out of love, and watch one another.

If you're looking for characterization, and for a glimpse into another time -- a time that was shading from Victorian repression into our more modern, free-wheeling world -- this is it.

Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo, 10.14 Ounce
Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo, 10.14 Ounce
Price: $13.50
14 used & new from $11.26

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me, July 25, 2015
This is the first shampoo marketed as "thickening" that actually seems to work for me. I have fine, thin hair -- always have. It's even thinner after a couple of surgeries. Did you know that even simple surgery can result in slight hair loss? I didn't. My hair dresser noticed it and asked what happened.

I used to have to apply extra product to get even a little bit of body, but I don't need to do that now. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being my formerly totally flat hair and 10 being oh, Sophia Loren hair, I'd say I'm at 5. (I don't expect miracles from a shampoo.)

The scent is just what it says -- lemon and sage -- and it takes very little to work up a nice lather. It rinses clean.

Our Elizabeth A Humour Novel
Our Elizabeth A Humour Novel
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad that this (apparently) is Kilpatrick's only book!, July 25, 2015
The Elizabeth in the title is a newly-hired servant (housemaid, cook, laundress, etc.) in the household of a writing couple. Husband is a journalist and the wife writes an advice column. They've gotten along fine for ten years, but when the husband complains about eating scrambled eggs and tinned soup -- again! -- the wife decides it's time to hire some help.

Elizabeth is an engaging character with a tendency toward match-making, and her scheming to bring a friend of the family together with the wife's sister is fun to watch.

This was a fun read and felt surprisingly contemporary. Hard to believe it was written almost a hundred years ago.

L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Lotion, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Paris RevitaLift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Lotion, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Product Distributors
Price: $13.29
17 used & new from $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm seeing a difference, July 25, 2015
At 70 and with a smoking history, I don't expect miracles from a skin care product. But I'm seeing improvement, even in deep lines. Not face-lift improvement, mind you, but improvement. My skin also feels more firm. I like that.

Another plus is that it doesn't feel greasy. I've used it in the morning and there's no "pilling", you know, when a product has been on your face for several hours and you rub your face and stuff comes off. It absorbs without leaving any shine or residue. I don't wear foundation makeup so if I like a cream that's advertised as a "night cream", I'll use it in the daytime.

The scent is so light as to be unnoticeable. A dab the size of a dime is enough, so this will last a long time.

Recommended, without reservation.

100% Cotton WASHCLOTHS, 10pc Set, Colors may Vary
100% Cotton WASHCLOTHS, 10pc Set, Colors may Vary
Offered by Click to Save
Price: $11.97
4 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the texture, July 25, 2015
Mine were pink, yellow, light brown, white, and turquoise. They're thin, which is what I want in a washcloth. How else can you get your ears clean? The texture is nubby, which is also good. Not as abrasive as a loofah, but abrasive enough to do the job.

If you're buying these for a gift, however, check them over. The hemming on one of mine was loose.

Shipping was fast. The cloths were packaged in cellophane and tied up with a ribbon.

Oster CKSTSKFM12-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12-Inch
Oster CKSTSKFM12-ECO DuraCeramic Electric Skillet, 12-Inch
Price: $29.99
13 used & new from $25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, May 21, 2015
This was a Christmas gift from a relative (from my Wish List). It worked great for a couple weeks. I could fry an egg without any butter or oil, and whatever I made, the skillet wiped clean with a paper towel.

Soon I noticed that the skillet wouldn't maintain the temperature. Even for something as quick as a grilled cheese sandwich, I had to constantly dial it up. And it heated very unevenly. Another reviewer mentioned pancakes and yep, they'd be brown around the outside but the middle wasn't done.

And the food started to stick, even with spray or oil. After five months, there are stains in a circle over the heating element.

It's still useful within its limitations, but it's a big disappointment. I'm glad my relative didn't pay more for it.

Florence Harding: The First Lady, The Jazz Age, And The Death Of America's Most Scandalous President
by Carl Sferrazza Anthony
56 used & new from $4.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Good insight about the day-to-day life of a busy First Lady, May 5, 2015
I'd recommend this, but I think it would have benefited with more information about what was happening in the rest of the country (and the world) during the Harding years. It would have added some much-needed context. There were brief mentions of Prohibition, current movies and music, but I felt a vacuum. I'm not sure why "The Jazz Age" was part of the title. The way the book was written, it could have taken place at any time -- the Jazz Age "feel" was missing. It's all about Florence, her family and friends, and the detail is almost Dickensian.

Florence was an admirable woman in many ways -- ambitious, thoughtful of others, independent, ahead of her time -- but the author doesn't stint on describing her faults as well as her virtues.

I do have a new appreciation for the hard work involved in being First Lady -- the day to day functions and events. It requires incredible stamina. It made me tired, just reading about her schedule.

Alba Botanica Even Advanced, Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel, 6 Ounce
Alba Botanica Even Advanced, Sea Mineral Cleansing Gel, 6 Ounce
Offered by Express R Us
Price: $6.44
47 used & new from $6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasure, May 5, 2015
I tried this because I was looking for a reasonably-priced face wash in a pump container. I'm tired of tubes where there's always product that you can't get to.

I really do -- love it. The scent is light, clean, fresh -- like spring. It foams nicely, rinses off well -- no residue. I'll still follow with a moisturizer (I'm old and wrinkly) but it's not really necessary -- there's no dryness. I wish Alba made a body wash that left me with this sparkly feeling.

Recommend without reservation.