Profile for Ellen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ellen RSS Feed

Timex Women's T5K460 1440 Sports Blue Resin Digital Watch
Timex Women's T5K460 1440 Sports Blue Resin Digital Watch
Offered by TamboShop
Price: $27.97
3 used & new from $27.97

4.0 out of 5 stars cute but scratches easily, April 4, 2012
I really like this watch for the low low price, but was disappointed the plastic face scratched almost immediately: just three days after arrival I had a big scratchy smudge over one of the minute digits that now makes it harder to read. Now there are more. However, I was moving at the time, so there was a lot of hard physical work packing, loading & moving boxes.

In terms of functions, it does everything I need. Although I like to use timers a lot, and would have liked it if the timer automatically reset to the last amount of time used, last my last Timex.

Still, for the price, I'm happy with the purchase (you get what you pay for?)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2012 8:06 PM PDT

Sony SRF59SILVER AM/FM Walkman Stereo Radio
Sony SRF59SILVER AM/FM Walkman Stereo Radio
Price: $14.99
103 used & new from $10.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong !, March 9, 2012
I love this radio! I bought it about four years ago to keep me company during yard work and I am still using it. The splatters of paint on it are a testimony to how often. One of the best things about it is the FABULOUS battery life, I didn't have to replace the first one for two years!!! Quite a contrast to energy-hungry bluetooth headsets gobbling them up once a week.

I do have some problems with reception, dependent on the area, when I bend over to pick up sticks or leaves or weed; the voices go out or go fuzzy/static, but it sure hasn't stopped me from enjoyment.

Black & Decker NLP1800 Alligator Lopper 18-Volt Cordless Chain Saw
Black & Decker NLP1800 Alligator Lopper 18-Volt Cordless Chain Saw
Price: $99.00
19 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars City Girl's Baby Chainsaw :), March 9, 2012
Just had to write how much I am liking this product. Granted, I've only been working with it 24 hours, but as a 50 yr old female who has been terrified of chainsaws in general all her life and had never touched one before, it feels like a major accomplishment to be finally helping to clean up some storm damage/ downed trees now that I live in a rural area.

Although I was scared to read in the manual that there is danger of kickback,
after working it in my orchard just now on a downed oak tree (which I think is really hard wood, right?) I feel reassured that this is safe for me as a former city slicker to operate. The chain is 100% enclosed. Just make sure you remove the battery to oil the unit and to tighten the chain. And stop work when you're tired!

Basically, I'm thinking of this as giant electric scissors :D Thank you Black and Decker.