Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Marc Strand > Reviews

Browse

Marc Strand's Profile

Customer Reviews: 152

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marc Strand RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mouse with Designed-For-Web Scrolling - Freespirit 910-004160
7 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wireless mouse, May 16, 2016
I've used the Logitech M325 before, so I knew what I was getting. And this one, even though it was advertised as "new - very good condition", did not disappoint. The mouse looks and performs as brand new, which is to say, it works perfectly. I took the precaution of downloading the Logitech Unifying software before I connected the mouse, plus I also had a wired mouse plugged in to help with navigating through the software. After that, it was a case of starting the software and following the simple and brief instructions. Voila! The mouse was installed and functioning perfectly.

The M325 is a great mouse, maybe just a tad smaller than some other brands/models, but it is a good, comfortable fit in my hand. And I know from experience that a battery will last at least 6 months and probably longer, although I'm not the heaviest user, so your mileage may vary.

Great wireless mouse. Buy one and enjoy.

For Logitech M310 Wireless Mouse Travel EVA Hard Protective Case Carrying Pouch Cover Bag Compact Sizes by Hermitshell
Offered by boxpro
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case, also works well with Logitech M325 wireless mouse, May 16, 2016
Actually bought this for a Logitech M325 wireless mouse that I carry around in my backpack. My M325 is somewhat smaller than the M310 mouse for which this case is intended, but the interior padding is such that my mouse does not move around much at all within the case, even though the case is made for a larger mouse. Good quality, good price, very pleased with this purchase.

Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-A (Blue) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic, Best for iPhone
Offered by Googol Shop
Price: $7.09
100 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, and working great for audiobooks on my wife's iPod, April 19, 2016
I bought 2 pair of these for my wife's iPod, because she has had problems keeping the cords functioning in other brands (one earbud or the other will stop producing any sound), but since these had such good ratings, I decided to take a chance. So far, she's still working on the first pair, and they're still providing good sound as she walks around the house listening to audiobooks. So the durability of these appears to be much better than the various brands she has used before. The colors are nice too. I can't speak to how they sound while playing music, but she's very satisfied with how they've held up.

BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16 volt Lithium Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vac
Price: $59.99
101 used & new from $59.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hand held vacuum we've owned -- holds its charge well, powerful suction, April 19, 2016
Extremely happy with this vaccum. We have had a couple of hand held vacuums previously (one was also a Black & Decker), and neither of them lasted all that long. The NiCd batteries in the old ones reached a state in which they wouldn't hold enough of a charge to vacuum for even 60 seconds.

This one has a lithium ion battery, and this one is different. This battery hold plenty of charge, and we only need to recharge it after 10-15 total minutes of use -- maybe more, it's hard to keep track. It charges back up fairly quickly, and then you're back in business.

This vacuum also seems to be considerably more powerful, too. It easily picks up all types of small debris, and you don't need to linger over each piece of debris while waiting for the vacuum to do its work -- if you're even close, the vacuum will grab it and grab it quickly.

I'd definitely buy another one of these vacuums, but since this one works so well and seems to be so durable, I suspect it's going to be quite awhile before I need another one.

Dream Zone- Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask, 1ct
Dream Zone- Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask, 1ct
Offered by Amazing Prime Value
Price: $9.67
11 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just as it should, April 19, 2016
Not too much to say about this mask. The elastic is good and retains its stretch, the fit is comfortable, it really does a good job of blocking out the light, and it doesn't make me feel warm or hot in the process. It does everything I want it to do and nothing that I don't.

BASEQI aluminum microSD Adapter for MacBook Pro Retina 13"
BASEQI aluminum microSD Adapter for MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Offered by BASEQI
Price: $24.99
18 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, even in a Lenovo Yoga 2 13, April 19, 2016
First off, I should tell you that I ordered this for use in my Lenovo Yoga 2 13, not in a MacBook Pro Retina as intended by the manufacturer. I sure wish someone would manufacture these for the Yoga line, because they are a quality product.

Having said that, this product did fit pretty well into my Lenovo 2-in-1. Other than being very slightly indented into the side of the laptop case (maybe 0.5 mm) and being silver in my 2-in-1's black case (not an issue for me), it's great. My 128GB SanDisk micro SD card fits in the adapter (just make sure you push it all the way into the adapter), the adapter fits into the laptop (it's tight, but you can do it if you're at all patient), and the card works just as it should. I can remove the adapter and card with my fingernail (if I haven't cut them in the last week) or with any other small, thin tool -- it's really not hard to do.

So for those of you looking for a micro SD adapter for your Lenovo Yoga 2 13 or, I assume, your Yoga 2 Pro, this adapter will work just fine for you.

[3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6" + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Supershieldz
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, even better customer service. Went above and beyond to make me a satisfied customer., April 19, 2016
First screen protectors received were not anti-glare. Contacted seller, who stated they had changed their formula to de-emphasize anti-glare and instead emphasize anti-fingerprint, based on customer comments. They offered to make up a special set for me using some old stock anti-glare material, which they sent from their factory in China. Replacements were perfect for fit, for anti-glare, for sensitivity .. they were just plain perfect! Great to buy from a company with honest, hard working customer service. Will definitely buy this brand again. (And this time, I had no problems installing on my first attempt.)

TCP 33118SP41K 18-watt Spring Lamp GU Light Bulb, 4100-Kelvin
TCP 33118SP41K 18-watt Spring Lamp GU Light Bulb, 4100-Kelvin
Offered by Light Bulbs International
Price: $7.01
3 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly, compact length, good "daylight" shade of light, April 12, 2016
The base on these lights is a funky fitting called GU24. Not too sure why a ceiling fixture manufacturer would use this type of fitting, but that's what my bathroom ceiling fixture requires, and fortunately, I found this bulb here on Amazon. I specifically wanted one that was as close as possible to the daylight type of light that you can get in an LED bulb, and this one is very, very close. It's also relatively short from end-to-end, and I needed that for my ceiling fixture. The bulb arrived in one piece, I was able to fit it into my fixture, and it has worked flawlessly ever since. At $9 plus per bulb, these are a bit pricey, but that's also the best price I could find online or in the local stores. And these bulbs seem to last a long time, so I'm happy with this purchase. If you need a bulb with a GU24 base, buy this one and I think you'll be happy too.

The Imaginary Blonde
The Imaginary Blonde
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality novelette by Ross MacDonald, April 12, 2016
An excellent example of a Lew Archer story in the novelette length. Thoroughly enjoyable.

TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)
Price: Click here to see our price
37 used & new from $220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDTV with built-in Roku, all at a fantastic price. And excellent customer service to boot., April 12, 2016
I ordered the HDTV with some trepidation because TCL has had a somewhat uneven reputation for quality in the past, but since their ratings have been improving (and since they were running a national promotion at a fantastic price), I decided to take a chance. I sure am glad I did.

The built-in Roku functionality is a no brainer for anyone who has had prior Roku experience -- it looks and functions almost exactly the same as my Roku 3. And when you consider that even a certified refurbished Roku 3 is $80, that just makes the price of this HDTV even better.

As I said, the Roku experience is almost exactly the same as with my Roku 3. The only difference is that the first "channel" listed is actually for my antenna's coaxial connection. I assume (but don't yet know) that other devices connected to this HDTV would be similarly displayed at the head of the Roku menu and would be as easily selected.

The remote control is very similar to that of my Roku 3 (no voice input as far as I can tell, though) and works well. If I had any complaint, it would be the location of the volume and mute buttons on the right side of the remote. Being right-handed, I found myself accidentally muting the TV more than once until I learned to hold the remote a bit differently. Not something that I consider worth downgrading my rating over, but nevertheless something to be aware of -- a minor annoyance at first..

The built-in guided setup was easy to follow, and hard copy setup instructions were also included. Anyone who has ever set up this type of device will have no problems.

The stand is very stable and easy to set up as well.

I don't have meters or eagle eyes to quantify the quality of the screen's picture, but I can tell you that the colors were bright and even, the contrast and brightness both appear to be very good, and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching shows and movies on this TV.

A note on TCL's customer service: when I first opened the shipping box, I somehow overlooked the bag containing the screws for the stand, the power cable, and the remote. So I called the included toll-free customer service number, spoke to a USA-based customer service rep and, after verifying my purchase details with him, was told that a complete accessory kit would be sent to me at no charge. When I found the included accessory kit a few minutes later, I called back, spoke to a different rep, and was able to cancel the impending shipment and make my apologies. So as far as I'm concerned, the TCL customer service experience was excellent, professional, easy to understand, knowledgeable and swift. Can't ask for more than that.

In summary, I feel this HDTV with built-in Roku functionality compares favorably with my Samsung and Vizio HDTV in terms of quality and completely blows them away in terms of price. It's a good looking HDTV and I can absolutely recommend it to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16