Profile for kaydubya > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kaydubya RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman Action Figure
Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman Action Figure
Offered by myfavtoy
Price: $14.99
89 used & new from $12.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings but ultimately a worthy addition, January 17, 2015
I first bought the black suit Superman that is also in the Movie Masters line, which I was really impressed with. So I'm having a hard time figuring out why I wasn't as blown away with this figure, since it's pretty much the same as the black suit figure but with a different paint job. Part of it might be that the "wow!" factor was already gone. I think part of it also has to do with the fact that the pictures of the prototype show that they could have made this figure look exactly like Henry Cavill and for whatever reason they chose not to with the end product. I suppose that would be a valid criticism of the black suited version, too, but ironically the actual product to me looks way better than I anticipated based on the pictures. So maybe it's all about expectations.

Moving past the issue that the likeness to Henry Cavill isn't as strong as the pictures of the prototype would suggest, it's definitely a nice figure. As others have noted, while the head sculpt isn't a strong match to Henry Cavill, the suit is dead on accurate to the movie as far as I can tell. The paint job on mine is excellent all around. The five o'clock shadow that others have noted isn't pronounced on mine; you actually have to hold the figure so the light shines on it just so in order to really notice it. Having just watched Man of Steel, I did notice Henry Cavill sporting a slight shadow at one point in the film, so the shadow on the figure isn't completely out of left field.

Despite my misgivings I really do think this is a good figure and would be a worthy addition to your collection.

Superman Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman with Black Suit Action Figure
Superman Man of Steel Movie Masters Superman with Black Suit Action Figure
Offered by Ultimate Products and More
Price: $3.95
42 used & new from $3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG He's beautiful!, January 7, 2015
I don't think the pictures do this figure justice. It's just incredible. For less than four bucks it's just a steal... or would that be a steel?

UPDATE: I liked this figure so much I bought a second one to give to my son, who will be four next month. He loves it, and I think it's even more impressive out of the box!

Seriously, this guy costs less than four bucks, at least as of the time of this review. When I was a kid in the early eighties, Star Wars figures cost anywhere from $2 - $4 and weren't near the quality. BUY HIM!

Evecase Clear & Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector Mix Set for Dell Venue 11 Pro Pro11-6363LK (64GB) - 10.8 inch Windows 8.1 Tablet (4-Pack)
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The clear version looks fantastic!, June 19, 2014
You get four screen protectors, two are clear and two are matte. I've used matte protectors before but they always seem to dim the screen and you can't adjust the brightness enough to overcome it. So I decided on the clear protector and it looks great! The protector went on incredibly easy, with only a few bubbles forming that were relatively easy to get out. There were a couple of tiny bubbles that I wasn't able to completely eliminate, but I was able to get them to the point that they are virtually unnoticeable.

The only knock against the screen protector is that after I applied it my stylus became very difficult to use; the rubber tip kept wanting to stick to the screen protector and made swiping difficult. I switched to a microfiber stylus which works better but still has some issues that cause me to have to use a bit more pressure with the stylus than I would care to, thus I docked a star. I should mention that if I use my finger for swiping it works great -- no issues. I wonder if using a stylus on the matte version would work better -- if anyone uses the matte version with a stylus I'd be interested in hearing about your experience in the comments for this review.

If I could give a half star I would rate it a 4.5, but since I can't I wanted to be sure my rating reflected that I did have an issue with it, although I'm not sure the issue is entirely the fault of the screen protector.

CITUS ArmorTec Series Ultra Clear Screen Protector for DELL Venue 11 Pro (3-Pack Retail Packaging)

2.0 out of 5 stars Epic fail, June 19, 2014
I almost gave this a 1 star review but decided to go with 2 because I think it would have looked nice had I been able to get one on. However, all three attempts were complete failures. I just could not get one on without numerous bubbles forming that were incredibly difficult if not impossible to get out. I think on the last sheet I finally had it, then when I lifted off the top protective layer it lifted the screen protector off with it!

MoKo Dell Venue 11 Pro Case - Slim Folding Cover Case for Dell Atom Architecture Model 5130 Venue 11 Pro 10.8 inch Tablet, RED (Will Not Fit Dell Venue pro Haswell version Model 7130/7139)
Offered by BSCstore
Price: $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this case!, June 19, 2014
I looked at every single case that Amazon had for the Venue Pro 11, and was very close to buying something different. However, the one I had picked was going to take almost a month to ship while this one was Prime eligible. Reluctantly, I bought this one. Let me tell you, I'm glad I did! I had two main concerns -- that the notches on the sides wouldn't be large enough to enable me to do the edge gestures that are a key feature of Windows 8.1, and that the case wasn't designed to be rested at a low enough angle to suit my preferences. Regarding the first problem, the notches are plenty big to enable edge gestures, especially when used with a stylus. Regarding the second issue, the case can be oriented at a low angle like I prefer (I think if you look at the pictures of the black version of the case they show one at a low angle). The only nit I have is that I wish the case were designed so that the "spine" of the case was at the top edge of the tablet, such that when I use the tablet at my preferred angle the Windows logo is along the bottom. Obviously the tablet can be used at any orientation but its buttons, particularly the volume buttons, are a little more accessible when held with the camera at the top.

One last thing I thought of -- all of the tablet's ports and buttons are exposed with this case. I've seen reviews of some cases for this tablet where that was an issue. Not so with this one.

The Friendly Swede Bundle of 6 Micro-Knit Hybrid Fiber Tip Universal Capacitive Stylus Pens 4.5" for Smart Phone Touch Pad + 6 x 15'' Elastic Tether Lanyards + Cleaning Cloth in Retail Packaging
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars works fairly well on my Venue Pro 11 with screen protector, June 19, 2014
I was using a different, rubber tipped stylus on my Venue Pro 11 that worked great up until I put the screen protector on it. Then the rubber tip started sticking to the screen protector such that it was almost unusable. I sought out an alternative and picked these based on the large number of high ratings. The microfiber tip works better than the rubber tip but still has some problems. I have to use a bit more pressure than I would care to, which makes me wonder if the microfiber will wear off faster than it otherwise might. To be clear, I think any problems I'm having are a result of the screen protector, given how well the original rubber tipped stylus I was using worked prior to placing the protector on my tablet.

The Men's Fitness Exercise Bible: 101 Best Workouts to Build Muscle, Burn Fat, and Sculpt Your Best Body Ever!
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, March 16, 2014
I thought overall this was a really good book. I had been looking for a new program to jump start my return to training after a layoff of several months. As soon as I got the book I made workouts 3, 4 and 5 my new program. I've found the workouts challenging and effective. I was also pleased that the workouts were relatively short (about 45 minutes or so, not including warmup and cool down), which fit right into the amount of time I had.

I've only glanced at the other workouts in the book, but they all seem good. The workouts come from top trainers in the industry, so you know you are getting quality advice.

My only complaint about the book would be that the workouts are only loosely organized into programs (basically the introduction for a given workout might mention that it can be done with the preceding workout(s) as a program). I would have liked to have seen an appendix or something that outlined different programs you might follow using the workouts in the book.

One note -- I bought the Kindle version of this book for my Android tablet, and I've found it to be a great choice. Having it on my tablet makes it much easier to use in the gym for reference on a specific exercise, vs. trying to keep a book open to a specific page (typically involving laying a heavy object across the book to keep it open to a given page).

Step2  Cooking Essentials 20 pieces Baking Set
Step2 Cooking Essentials 20 pieces Baking Set
Price: $23.99
16 used & new from $19.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute set, December 22, 2013
This is a very cute set. My 2.5 year old son loves it and has been playing with it a lot. We had a ton of fun using it with play doh. They are small pieces but are appropriately sized for the Step 2 play kitchen. I have a hard time believing anyone would think they are a real baking set. And yes, if you keep them in water overnight I'm sure they will rust. They are not meant for that.

Imaginext DC Super Friends Set Heroes
Imaginext DC Super Friends Set Heroes
Offered by Timmy's Toy Box
Price: $23.78
48 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute set but price too high, August 4, 2013
Very cute set but I bought mine for 14.99 at Walmart today. Just wondering why the price is so high through this seller. I also bought the villains set for 14.99 at Walmart. I think my son will get lots of use from them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2014 3:27 PM PST

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Nintendo Wii
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Nintendo Wii
Offered by GODEALZONE
Price: $13.39
133 used & new from $1.74

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, April 23, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Like another reviewer, I immediately disliked this game. It just felt inferior to its predecessor. The first game drew me in; it was almost like I WAS Starkiller! That feeling is gone in this game. Also gone are the many locales that I thought made the first one great. The locales for this game are less diverse than the first; you spend a lot of time indoors or on gloomy, rainy Kamino.

Despite my initial impressions, I found that I kept coming back and wanting to play more. It's certainly a fun game; it's always enjoyable to come up with new ways of defeating enemies using a combination of lightsaber attacks and Force powers. There were some cool new enemies that I enjoyed going up against, especially towards the end of the game.

I don't know that I agree that the game is short. It took longer to get through than I thought it would based on what others reviewers said. For me, it wasn't so much that the game is short as it is that there are only maybe like six different locales in the game (or five given that you visit one of the locales twice). Individual levels are expansive, however; sometimes you'll find yourself wondering if you'll EVER finish a level.

Should you buy the game? Definitely, if you're a Star Wars fan; maybe not if you're a more general gamer -- you might be better off renting.

Page: 1 | 2