Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Browse

Michael A. Behr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 552

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Osprey Packs Poco AG Plus Child Carrier, Black
Osprey Packs Poco AG Plus Child Carrier, Black
Price: $285.00
12 used & new from $260.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Just stunning. Absolutely stunning., February 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is just stunning. I recently got a Kelty Mijo Child Carrier which I thought was great, but now I have to qualify that with "for the price" because the Osprey Pogo AG just blows me away. The padding, the construction the features...there's a pretty big price difference between the two, but the Osprey give you a lot for the extra dough.

The most important difference between the two is that while the Kelty maxed out at 30lbs, this one maxes out at 48 (though they say not to use it for a kid above 40 lbs). My 4-year old daughter is 30lbs, so the Osprey has a whole lot more longevity to it.

The Osprey also makes longer-term wearing much more pleasant for the child, and the adult. Shoulder straps & leg harnesses for her, padded hip belt for the adult, even a canopy for the child. If you're going to spend the day walking around, this is definitely something to consider, especially if a stroller is not a good option (e.g. you're hiking). Even in a city situation, my daughter enjoyed the fact that she was so high and that she was close to Daddy. She also got a kick out of the novelty of it. I enjoyed the fact that we didn't take up as much room on the street, making it easier to navigate, and that my hands were free, but the strollers offer storage space, and they're easier to get in and out of. Strollers also let me wear a backpack, if even more storage is required.

*NEW* OtterBox SYMMETRY CLEAR Series iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Case - Retail Packaging - BLACK CRYSTAL (CLEAR/BLACK)
Price: $49.95
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised at how much I really like this case., January 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm surprised at how much I really like this case. I had gotten this for my old iPhone 5 after my Otterbox preserver - the waterproof case - was starting to really tick me off because the screen shield on the case was interfering with my ability to swipe easily, so I tried this Symmetry out. I liked it so much I jumped at the chance to get it for my new iPhone 6s+. It gives me a lot of sense of security (from the Otterbox name) as well as being a really nice minimal case. I'm actually able to see my phone and I've already dropped it a few times with no issues.

It turns out that there are all sorts of inserts you can get if you want to change up the look, which would be extra awesome if I liked any of the options. As it is... meh.

I *do* also have a tempered glass shield on the cover which may have been messing up the Preserver, but it helps to complete the package in this particular case's case. Other than dropping the phone in the toilet, I'm well protected! And honestly, I'm not sure if I'd fish the waterproof case out of a toilet...

Also, the 6s Plus seems to have some sort of bezel at the edge which led to a different feel with this case versus the iPhone 5.

SPRI Slam Medicine Ball, 10-Pound
SPRI Slam Medicine Ball, 10-Pound
Price: $69.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A ridiculously good exercise ball!!!, January 28, 2016
This review is from: SPRI Slam Medicine Ball (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is actually a ridiculously good medicine ball. Seriously. When I was offered the opportunity to review this, I thought "gee, it's a medicine ball. What am I going to say about it?" But I can actually say a lot! All of the following comments apply to the 10-lb version.

First, the size is exactly the size of a basketball. The grooves are in the right spots, but they're a little too square. I did three sets of ten with this, and can attest to the fact that it's really great exercise.

It's also got a great grip that doesn't get slippery when you get sweaty. The aforementioned grooves were easy to hold on to, but they hurt my fingers just a bit..not enough for me to not love this ball though.

Lastly, slamming this against the ground is ridiculous amounts of fun. It has the perfect amount of bounce to it: when I had my arms overhead and slammed this on the driveway, it bounced up to exactly where my hands could grab it without having to reach or do anything awkward. It was just one awesomely fun, smooth motion, slamming the ball down then scooping it up and doing it again. Three sets of ten were huge amounts of fun and also great exercise.

Adult Coloring Book: Color and Relax - Unwind in the Wilds by Derwent (2302338)
Adult Coloring Book: Color and Relax - Unwind in the Wilds by Derwent (2302338)
Price: $12.75
12 used & new from $8.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but there are better, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The art is really nice, and the pictures are all nature themes, which I like. The paper is a nice thick stock, and there are a lot of pictures to choose from.

On the downside, the pages aren't perforated, which makes it hard to hang anything you like... and frankly it's a bit hard to get to the pages while they're in the binding. The pictures are also on both sides of the page, which means you have to choose which side to hang. Also, the picture from the other side can bleed through, especially if you use markers instead of colored pencils. Also, if you're above the age of 35, reading glasses might be required...

Maybe look at Zendoodle Coloring Presents Keep Happy and Color On: 75 Delightful Designs instead

Kwikset 907 Powerbolt 2.0 Electronic Deadbolt featuring SmartKey in Satin Nickel
Price: $69.98
4 used & new from $51.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy install, January 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a really impressive lock. First, it installed easily DIY, and I am not very handy. I love the fact that it has a key to bypass the code if necessary, like the batteries go out. I'm not sure how "secure" Kwikset is against lock picks or other techniques, but it seems to be a popular brand. The ability to change the key is VERY nice, since having multiple Kwikset brand locks means I can reduce the number of keys on my keychain.

One of the best things about this lock is that even though it's "smart," it's still keeping things simple. There's no Z-wave (and associated monthly fee, in some cases). There's no Wifi. I consider that an advantage!

Lansinoh Ultimate Protection Nursing Pads, 50 Count
Lansinoh Ultimate Protection Nursing Pads, 50 Count
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., January 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lansionh is the only brand that my wife feels is really seamless under clothing, and they hold a lot and wick away the milk so you don't feel wet. This Ultimate Protection is indeed a step up from the standard pads that were her favorite. These are now definitely the best nursing pads out there.

Globe Electric 84392 100-watt Equivalent 23-watt Energy Saver with CFL Medium Base Light Bulb, Yellow, 3-Pack
Price: $22.99
11 used & new from $16.09

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't believe the claim that this is 100-Watt equivalent, January 19, 2016
I don't believe the claim that this is 100-Watt equivalent. I have used these now in place of two white 60-watt bulbs and one yellow 60-watt bulb, and it seems far weaker than all of them. The number of lumens aren't on the packaging or the bulb. I believe they're flat out lying.

That said, this seems to be a decent 40-watt, maybe even 30-watt, bulb replacement (though not very energy efficient at those wattages). It's very yellow in color, as desired. Since it's winter, I can't say how good it is at repelling bugs, but it's so weak that I doubt bugs will be attracted to it.

I've read all the reports about the bulbs failing. The packaging indicates that they're guaranteed and all you have to do is contact the manufacturer. We'll see! On the plus side, the packaging was secure enough that all the bulbs appear to have made it intact and I have no concerns of mercury contamination.

Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Indoor Cat Grain-Free Chicken Meal Formula Dry Cat Food, 5.1 lb Bag
Price: $28.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight control and stool odor control!, January 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cats love the taste, and I love that chicken (in meal form) is the first ingredient. We usually get the Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Chicken Meal Formula Dry Cat Food, 11.3 lb. Bag because it's on the Amazon Subscribe & Save program, or sometimes Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Chicken Meal Formula Dry Cat Food, 12.1 lb. Bag combined with PureBites Chicken Cat Treats, 1.09oz / 31g / Value Size which is a bit cheaper. It took me a while to understand how this differed from the other raw boost, but the purple bad at the bottom highlights that this one has a weight control and a stool odor control component! Can't really comment on either of these yet, but boy am I hoping the stool odor control works! I'll update this in a few weeks once I get a better handle.

With every brand I always compare the label from one bag to the next because formulas change over time. I had to switch off my last brand because they changed the formula to something that gave many cats intestinal issues. So far Nature's Variety has remained a trusted brand with good ingredients.

Hopefully this will be available on Subscribe & Save soon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2016 6:32 PM PST

OtterBox Symmetry Series iPhone 5/5s Case - Black Crystal
OtterBox Symmetry Series iPhone 5/5s Case - Black Crystal
Offered by HPP Enterprises
Price: $36.76
4 used & new from $26.66

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised at how much I really like this case., January 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm surprised at how much I really like this case. My Otterbox preserver - the waterproof case - was starting to really tick me off because the screen shield on the case was interfering with my ability to swipe easily, so I tried this Symmetry out. It gives me a lot of sense of security (from the Otterbox name) as well as being a really nice minimal case. I'm actually able to see my phone (silver! who knew?) and I've already dropped it a few times with no issues.

I *do* have a tempered glass shield on the cover which may have been messing up the Preserver, but it helps to complete the package in this particular case's case. Other than dropping the phone in the toilet, I'm well protected! And honestly, I'm not sure if I'd fish the waterproof case out of a toilet...

Quicken Home & Business 2016 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
Quicken Home & Business 2016 Personal Finance & Budgeting Software
Price: $59.85
9 used & new from $57.35

1.0 out of 5 stars I DO NOT TEST MY CODE.... BUT WHEN I DO, I DO IT IN PRODUCTION, January 9, 2016
Wow, this is so much worse than I could have imagined. I've been using Quicken for 20 years, and one of the things I've learned is to always wait before buying a new version. Apparently I didn't wait long enough.

Trying to hook up bills to Quicken, apparently my existing MintBills/Check.me account was interfering. So I contacted support, who promptly deleted my Mint account... not MintBills. This succeeded in a) not fixing the problem and b) now I don't have mint, and I can't even sign up again. I'm continuing to work with support, and hope they'll get me through this.

Way to foul up existing customers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20