Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 840

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Makimy Premium Quality Heat Resistant EN407 Certified - 2 Professional Barbecue-Grill-Oven Cooking Gloves + Bonus 50 BBQ Recipes - Size XL
Offered by Stylish Tools
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $27.87

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit great and are very heat resistant., August 3, 2015
These fit great and are very heat resistant. I picked up a cast iron grill with no issue whatsoever.

They don't look exactly like the picture but who cares.

Ingenuity Smartbounce Automatic Bouncer Piper
Ingenuity Smartbounce Automatic Bouncer Piper
Price: $49.98
8 used & new from $49.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty bouncer, July 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was easy enough to put together, though it could probably be a bit more idiotproof. It's a nice, very pretty bouncer. The bouncing mechanism seems a bit better than the Fisher Price vibration (which both my two older kids LOVED, so I can't really complain).

My only issue is with the packaging/marketing. When I selected this, the Amazon page, and the box, both made a big deal about how it had the pink, but also blues and browns, so I thought it would work for boys, girls, or "team green." There may be a tiny bit of blue on here, as well as a tiny bit of brown, but this is PINK. It looks like they may have changed the Amazon page: the picture as I write this review doesn't show the blue or brown swatches.

American Baby Company Twin Pack 100% Organic Cotton Interlock Fitted Crib Sheet, Natural
Price: $38.99

4.0 out of 5 stars SO amazingly soft!!!, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are SO amazingly soft! I'll update this review once I wash them; hopefully they'll stay just as soft.
My only issue is with the color, and mostly as it relates to the Amazon listing: "natural" color is actually just as I expected, sort of a linen colored off-white. But it is WAY more orange in real life than in the photo. If they fix the listing, I'd definitely up this to 5-stars.

I wish they had these in white, which matches my baby's room and décor, but that probably means bleaching the material and ruining the softness as well as being worse for the environment.

Cellucor Super HD Thermogenic Fat Burner Supplement for Weight Loss, 60 Capsules
Offered by J&B Trading
Price: $36.99
13 used & new from $32.36

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I drink too much coffee on a regular basis, but I never got the jitters from this, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Day 1: maybe I drink too much coffee on a regular basis, but I never got the jitters from this... I never even got an energy boost! I took a pill at 4pm and at 11pm I'm tired.

I'll update this over the next month as I observe - or don't observe - any weight loss.

Hoover Commercial CH50400 Hush Tone Lite Upright Vacuum, 13.5"
Hoover Commercial CH50400 Hush Tone Lite Upright Vacuum, 13.5"
Price: $235.95
5 used & new from $231.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Picked up stuff my other vacuum totally missed!!, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The vacuum glides easily across the carpet, and has great suction. In fact it was so strong, it was picking up dirt that wasn’t directly under the vacuum path. It definitely cleaned better than my old vacuum. The weight of the vacuum was manageable...meaning it was easy enough to carry on the stairs to clean, and was more convenient in cleaning the stairs than my canister vacuum, and did a better job. Although not quiet, it is not very loud. Also I checked the bag to see how much dirt it collected...I had just vacuumed this morning, but there was plenty of sand in the bag.

Negatives: not able to separate to use any attachments or to get the dirt under objects where the vacuum cannot reach. Auto adjusting roller is nice, however I would not use it on my higher plush carpets, as the installer recommended against using the beater brush, and there is no way to turn the brush off and just have suction. The cord has to be manually wrapped for storage. As this is a commercial vacuum, which says it is not meant for residential use, perhaps some of these issues aren’t applicable in commercial settings?

And what kind of toxic chemicals are in this equipment that it has a CA cancer, birth defects, reproductive harm warning on it? Are these chemicals being released when I vacuum or are they just part of the electrical system?

Candy Land Disney Princess Edition Game Board Game
Candy Land Disney Princess Edition Game Board Game
Price: $16.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hasbro really got EVERYTHING right in this game, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hasbro really got EVERYTHING right in this game. First, the princess figurines are awesome just on their own. My 3 year old daughter was playing with them in a Little People castle playset and just having a grand old time. She LOVED looking at the board and spotting all the characters she knew, and telling me everything about the castle.

Regarding the gameplay, there are a bunch of cards to pop out, and possibly to make a mess and/or lose, but it's very clear to a little kid who can't count well or read numbers yet (she actually is pretty good at both, but this is much easier), and doesn't have any dice or spinners which can be tough for a little kid's dexterity.

There are also modified rules for younger kids, which is awesome and makes gameplay simple.

The only issue is that this is SO princess oriented that her big brother (5yo) will not even touch it. I would have suggested throwing princes in as well, but that would have ruined some of the draw for her, so I guess you have to use your best judgment. She doesn't like playing Marvel Superhero Chutes & Ladders with him, so maybe they can switch off or something, I don't know! Minion Trouble, they both like.

The box keeps talking about an app, but I haven't investigated that yet. I like the fact that this is "real," even if there was an electronic version as well.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Polyester is totally not breathable, July 16, 2015
This Polyester is totally not breathable. I sweat like crazy wearing this robe, and it doesn't absorb anything after a shower

Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail - Award Winning
Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail - Award Winning
Price: $79.99
16 used & new from $64.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice metal construction, but small, and no zero-handed access, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The pail is nicely constructed, and both my wife and I were impressed at the metal. That's really the big draw to this, actually. That and the fact you can use your own bags.

I did also like the fact that we could go with whatever bag we wanted, but the pail is so small that my big Glad bags are mostly wasted, and frankly the diaper genie rolls can come on Subscribe & Save here on Amazon for a not horrible price. In fact, Ubbi also sells their own bags for this, which I'm sure I would end up getting.

Just to reiterate: the pail is quite small. The size is really a disadvantage. You can say "it's full of diapers, you're not going to let it fill up, are you?" but with my other two,we did in fact let the Diaper Genie XL fill up quite a bit. Little ones go through 7-10 diapers a day, and a lot of those are #1. If the pail contains the smell, letting it sit there for the whole day - or even two or three - isn't going to have a huge effect. And when they're little and you're waking up every three hours.... you start to get behind on chores, shall we say?

Also, you have to bend down if it's on the floor. I think this is a countertop device, but my wife disagrees, and the picture does depict it on the floor next to the changer.

The slide function and lock work okay, but there is no foot pedal so if you're holding a baby in one hand and a diaper in the other, this is hard to access. It's actually not the easiest thing to open one-handed; maybe some WD-40 would help, but I've been using both hands to open this.

Not sure how well the smell is contained. That may cause the review to be adjusted!

George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill, Silver
George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill, Silver
Price: $110.60
13 used & new from $77.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A large George Foreman Grill with a fancy stand, July 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My grill arrived fully intact, even though it actually fell once or twice while still in the box. It's definitely made of cheap material, especially compared to a Weber at relatively the same price point. The Weber doesn't have any electronics associated with it though.

Assembly was not too hard, but pictures would have been nice. I had a particularly tough time figuring out how to screw the main tube together, but the rest of it seemed to be pretty straightforward.

What's so funny is that this is really just a large George Foreman Grill with a fancy stand. You can unclip it and bring it inside and put it on the counter (if you have enough space). It's actually decent to cook on, and could come in handy to augment my regular grill.

Danby DDR60A3GP 60 Pint Dehumidifier with Pump
Danby DDR60A3GP 60 Pint Dehumidifier with Pump
Offered by Home Care Company
Price: $239.00
11 used & new from $229.00

3.0 out of 5 stars $3/day in electricity, July 14, 2015
Bought this a few days ago at a local big box store. First, the picture doesn't really convey the size of this thing. I've set it up in my basement at 45% humidity, and it definitely is drier down there than the rest of the house on a warm humid summer day. It feels a bit warmer, but I haven't checked a thermometer.

No leakage whatsoever from what I can tell. The pump seems to be working just fine.

I did have an instance where this machine was on even though the basement registered 38% humidity. I've been checking periodically, and that hasn't happened since... but I've got 30 days to return this to the retailer, and I will if it doesn't do its job properly!!!

One discovery: even though this is Energy Star, it is sucking up Electricity like nobody's business, at an average of 590W! That means it costs me roughly $3/day to run... about $100/mo. This may only be an issue during the summer months, but $300/yr is a pretty hefty bill!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20