Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 686

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Merry Pet Cat Washroom / Night Stand Pet House
Merry Pet Cat Washroom / Night Stand Pet House
Price: $97.99
39 used & new from $83.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to assemble, but too small!, March 1, 2015
This was very easy to assemble, but is just too small! My cat is kicking the litter right out of the box. It does NOT fit jumbo litter boxes: it's just too small...

Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench, White
Merry Products Cat Washroom Bench, White
Price: $165.58
26 used & new from $153.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, but the hole is pretty small., March 1, 2015
I have two issues with this. First is a design issue: the hole is really quite small. I had to buy this because the Merry Nightstand was too small for my tubby cat's jumbo litterbox, and this fits it very nicely. However, the hole is so small that I'm not sure Mrs. Tubby can get in!!! She certainly hasn't used it yet, after a few days; I'm not sure if she's just scared of it, or if she can't make it in! It's done so nicely that I don't really want to ruin it by cutting my own hole, but that may be exactly what I need to do.

My second issue may be unique to my order. While the nightstand was manufactured perfectly, the top part of this bench should not have passed quality control. A lot of the cam holes were painted over, and one of them had fallen out entirely. I was able to eventually get it all to work, however. Hopefully I just got a dud, and this isn't true for other benches!

Two Meows Cat Litter Mat - Traps Litter - Soft On Paws
Two Meows Cat Litter Mat - Traps Litter - Soft On Paws
Offered by Two Meows
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $19.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special. Can find similar ones in a larger size for less..., March 1, 2015
Other than being shaped like a paw, there's really nothing special about this litter mat versus dozens of others you can find on Amazon for less... larger ones. But it is pretty cute, and does seem to be effective.

A Blink of the Screen: Collected Shorter Fiction
A Blink of the Screen: Collected Shorter Fiction
by Terry Pratchett
Price: $19.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Discworld! But a great collection of short stories by an author with a really interesting viewpoint and entertaining mind, January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before you even get to the actual review, if you're a fan of Discworld and are expecting a bunch of DIscworld short stories, you're going to be disappointed. I'm sure this book is going to get tonnes of negative reviews from people who wanted one thing and got another, and that's just not fair since it's really the buyer's expectations that are the problem.

If Pratchett had authored this under another name though, it would be better appreciated for a great set of short stories by an author with a really interesting viewpoint and entertaining mind... and it also wouldn't have sold nearly as well. They're really a very entertaining set of short stories: some are much better than others, and it's amazing to experience Pratchett's growth as an author.

Bosch 4926 / 3397013044 Insight Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4926 / 3397013044 Insight Wiper Blade - 26" (Pack of 1)
Price: $19.00
3 used & new from $13.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems pretty good so far!, January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Seems pretty good so far! I had a bit of a tough time figuring out how to install this on my Toyota, but I got it on eventually. It seems on quite firmly, and is doing a good job of wiping off rain, snow, and slush

AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
AVEX Kid's Auto Seal Freeride Water Bottle, Charcoal, 16-Ounce
Price: $13.99
4 used & new from $12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5-year old son LOVES this!, January 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 5-year old son LOVES this. It's getting him to drink water, which he doesn't like usually... but in a Spiderman bottle? Yeah!

From where I stand, it is pretty good about preventing leaks, and the glow-in-the-dark feature is awesome to play with even if it isn't really terribly functional. It's dishwasher safe on the top rack, but we're only using it for water, not milk or juice, because we're not sure the dishwasher will be able to get everywhere it needs to.

Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus
Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus
Price: $69.61
27 used & new from $69.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It wasn't too hard to get started, but I see there is a LOT you could do if you really put the time in., January 4, 2015
This review is from: Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus (CD-ROM)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was really my first introduction to video editing on the PC, and I found the Pinnacle Studio 18 Plus to be a reasonably solid application. It wasn't too hard to get started, but I see there is a LOT you could do if you really put the time in. On the other hand, if you're a novice like me and just trying to put together a montage for a kid's birthday or a wedding or something, this app can do it for you... but I get the feeling that the regular Pinnacle Studio 18 would work just fine for you as well. My son, however, really wants me to make "action kid" movies of him, and I get the impression that the Pinnacle Studio 18 Ultimate would be the better choice. I got this for free through the Amazon Vine program, but if it was me, I'd probably spring for the Ultimate. I don't see a way to "add-on" to the Plus to turn it into the Ultimate.

Aftershokz AS500 Bluez 2 Open Ear Wireless Stereo Headphones, Black
Aftershokz AS500 Bluez 2 Open Ear Wireless Stereo Headphones, Black
Price: $99.95
25 used & new from $79.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for people with glasses! Also, poor fit for men's heads, and BLOCKS, not allows, ambient noise, December 28, 2014
First, these aren't for people with glasses. They affix to the cheekbones, and interfere with the rims of glasses.

Second, even though the picture on their website has a man jogging with this, it doesn't fit using the band they provide, and without that band, it wiggles and wobbles. I don't have a particularly large head.

Lastly, the whole vibration effect is interesting. It's very effective, but sort of different than I would have expected. It actually blocks the ambient noise better than just about anything I've encountered: it makes it easy for me to hear my music in a loud environment, like the subway, but I wouldn't be able to hear a police siren behind me if I was listening to that same music in the car... let alone people talking to me.

Nice attempt, would still be interested in purchasing some future version... This one should have been returned but I bought directly from the company.

Finish Dishwasher Cleaner, Citrus Scent, 8.45 Ounces (Pack of 6)
Finish Dishwasher Cleaner, Citrus Scent, 8.45 Ounces (Pack of 6)
Price: $33.35
3 used & new from $31.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Weak, December 28, 2014
This is okay, but weak. One is not enough to clean my dishwasher when it gets clogged. I actually had to put all six in.
Instead, I just bought Citric Acid powder to use instead.

The smell is nice though

Tile for iOS and Android - For Finding Anything and Everything (Retail Packaging)
Price: $25.00
4 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Big, bad range, soft alarm, December 28, 2014
First, it is MUCH bigger than the picture makes you think. Second, the range is pretty poor, and lastly, the sound is really weak. It's larger than my keychain, won't activate unless I'm pretty much in the same room, and I can't hear it (in the couch cushions) unless the house is totally silent!

The whole GPS thing is interesting, but didn't work. I was holding my keys in my hand, and the app said that they had been located 50 miles away.

Save your money