Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 797

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Tablet
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Tablet
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $12.29

4.0 out of 5 stars For an older age than I expected..., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Originally I had thought to get this for the baby, since big brother and sister have tablets and I wanted to push purchase of a third one off for as long as possible. I was very surprised to see that this was recommended for 12-36 months! At first, I thought Fisher-Price was completely batty to put that age recommendation on it when my 3-1/2 year old daughter started to play with it, and enjoy herself!!! There are three stages for helping to learn the alphabet, which I don't fully comprehend some of the differences (which is why I'm rating this four stars, not five). My daughter is quite happy on Level 1 and I see no reason to change it a this time!

Manhattan Toy Baby Stella Sweet Dreams Soft Nurturing First Doll
Manhattan Toy Baby Stella Sweet Dreams Soft Nurturing First Doll
Offered by IQ Kids
Price: $39.95
7 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We can't get over the cuteness!!!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We can't get over the cuteness here. My daughter is in LOVE with this dolly: she smells like lavender (for calming my daughter while she sleeps), and she has a magnetic binky and bottle. My daughter loves the fact that "it sticks!" The baby has a lovey, as well!!! A rubber band will keep the lovey on the baby's hand.

It appears to be well constructed (with soft, infant friendly eyes), the clothes are easy to take on and off, and there are accessories sold separately as well.

J.L. Childress Universal Side-Carry Car Seat Travel Bag, black
J.L. Childress Universal Side-Carry Car Seat Travel Bag, black
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is perfect for us!, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is perfect for us. With two car seats, running through the airport with wheeled bags was very challenging: the bags would always flip and get dragged on the yucky floor. I ended up throwing one of them awkwardly around my body anyway. This makes that much easier. Granted, for travel we have some Cosco high backed boosters that are really light: I can imagine trying to do this with a 25lb Britax Boulevard would be very unpleasant (I didn't test to see if one of those would even fit in the bag).

Kaytee Black Oil Sunflower Wild Bird Food, 10-Pound
Kaytee Black Oil Sunflower Wild Bird Food, 10-Pound
Offered by SportsmanSavings
Price: $19.77
8 used & new from $13.95

2.0 out of 5 stars The birds don't like these, May 13, 2015
The birds don't like these. I bought these because supposedly all types of birds preferred them, but that's not how it's working out. They come to the feeder, wrinkle their beaks in distaste (metaphorically, at least), and then fly off...

Dalyn Rugs Bright Light Rug, 3-Feet 6-Inch by 5-Feet 6-Inch, Lilac
Dalyn Rugs Bright Light Rug, 3-Feet 6-Inch by 5-Feet 6-Inch, Lilac
Offered by BWP Sales
Price: $68.35
18 used & new from $62.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Mopstrings, not shag, May 7, 2015
I thought this rug was a soft shag, but it's more like the texture of mopstrings. My daughter likes it (which is what counts) for the color, but I dislike the texture.

NO/NO MSB00344 Mushroom Mesh Wild Bird Feeder
NO/NO MSB00344 Mushroom Mesh Wild Bird Feeder
Price: $13.50
21 used & new from $9.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but poor design, May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My first reaction upon unboxing was that this feeder was MUCH smaller than I thought it looked in the picture, but just as cute. Check the measurements first so you're not surprised: it's only about 8 or 9 inches tall. The mushroom cap is awesome since it theoretically will keep the squirrels out, but it's so small that I'm not sure it will be effective. I have very determined squirrels around here, so I will watch them and update the review.

A lot of folks have complained about the mesh letting the sunflower seed out. That's sort of a design flaw, isn't it? The mesh has to be large enough to let the birds get the seed out, but at the same time the mesh has to be small enough to hold the bird seed in. My experience was that this made a complete mess when I was trying to fill it. A bottom platform would ruin the mushroom theme but would probably make this much more effective.

A bottom cap would also lure a better variety of birds. I love cardinals but they need some sort of hopper. This only attracts clinging birds like finches and goldfinches.

[Update 12 May 2015] As feared, the mushroom cap is a bit too small for my incredibly acrobatic squirrel population. Check out this squirrel that is hanging upside down by his claws and *just* making it to the feeder. I'm going to try relocating the feeder.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sterling Silver Created Emerald and Created White Sapphire "Mom" Heart Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $53.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present from young children to mom, May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The included chain is very thin and not adjustable, but this is a GORGEOUS pendant (esp for the price - full disclosure, I got this free from the Vine program) and would be a great present from young children to mom. My daughter loves butterflies, so if it was only a pink or purple stone, this would have been perfect.

The packaging was a nice presentation with a black cardboard box covering a black felt jewelry box. Not Tiffany's, but way more than a cheap plastic bag.

Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Kentucky Bluegrass Mix, 3-Pound (Not Sold in Louisiana)
Price: $16.99
13 used & new from $13.19

4.0 out of 5 stars The gold standard for lawn seed? But look at the EZ Seed., May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is sort of the gold standard for lawn seed, isn't it? Looking at the reviews, it's interesting that some people love it, some people hate it. I had good luck with this seed on a bare patch. I *did* put down fertilizer first and also covered the patch with peat moss to keep in the moisture and protect from the birds, so I'm not sure if that helped. Personally, for a patch, I prefer the EZ Seed, which includes fertilizer and paper mulch (instead of peat moss), and has a mix of fescues, ryegrass, and bluegrass. It's less work, though more bags.

It had a nice color, but not the crazy deep green I've seen with some seed. For reseeding my existing lawn, I couldn't really tell how well this grew. Again, I didn't follow the instructions, instead I used a seeder machine (not just a spreader) to put this down.

The big question is if you want the Kentucky Bluegrass variety or more of a turf type tall fescue. The Bluegrass is a bit more heat resistant even with short roots, whereas the TTTF needs to have long roots.

Brentwood Originals 2136 Plush Bed Rest, Teal
Brentwood Originals 2136 Plush Bed Rest, Teal
Price: $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small and not enough support, May 1, 2015
This is way too small for me and doesn't provide the support I'm looking for. My wife has an awesome husband pillow, and I steal hers rather than use this one.

Miracle Noodle Kanten Pasta, 0.5 Ounce
Miracle Noodle Kanten Pasta, 0.5 Ounce
Price: $7.19
8 used & new from $7.19

1.0 out of 5 stars I did not like either the taste or the texture, May 1, 2015
I'm a big fan of Miracle noodles, but did not like either the taste or the texture here. I used one of the two portions, and threw out the second.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20