Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Michael A. Behr > Reviews

Browse

Michael A. Behr's Profile

Customer Reviews: 580

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael A. Behr "mabehr" RSS Feed (New York, NY United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BG by Baggallini Ready To Run Baby Smk Backpack, Smoke, One Size
BG by Baggallini Ready To Run Baby Smk Backpack, Smoke, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, gorgeous bag that my wife took to like a shot!, May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous, gorgeous bag that my wife took to like a shot. It's gender neutral coloring, but not necessarily something I would wear on a regular basis, but I do know guys for whom it would work just fine. I'm definitely not going to be embarrassed walking around with it at least!

It feels a little small, at least compared to my wife's current diaper bag which is, granted, probably overfilled, but that makes her feel secure sort of like a lovey so I can't quite see this becoming her primary bag. However, this would work great for trips to amusement parks or whatever where she needs to keep her hands free. She currently uses a more traditional bag style by Baggallini as her travel bag and is already planning to use this instead. I'll update this review if we have any negative experiences, but if you don't read anything, assume that it's working out just fine.

Being able to easily hang it on the stroller is awesome. Be careful about the weight balance since that can cause the stroller to flip backwards, but that's where the small size of this might come in handy since it simply might not get as heavy!

As indicated earlier, my wife is a big fan of the Baggallini brand and apparently there's something about them using recycled materials (in general at least) that isn't mentioned in the description but still may apply.

Lifeproof NÜÜD SERIES iPhone 6s Plus ONLY Waterproof Case (5.5" Version) - Retail Packaging - FIRST LIGHT (PINK JELLYFISH/CLEAR/SEASHELLS PINK)
Price: $74.24
10 used & new from $57.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives the protection the phone needs while still letting the touch screen and touch ID work, May 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Love this! It gives the protection the phone needs while still letting the touch screen and touch ID work. It's not waterproof, but all the reports say that the new 6S Plus is nearly waterproof, and having dropped mine in the sink while it was running, I can personally attest to the fact that the phones own waterproof qualities are good enough for those circumstances. I like this much more than the Fre.

It looks nice too :)

Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Market Grain-Free Freeze Dried Chicken Recipe Nuggets for Cats, 12 oz. Bag
Offered by PAWS PLUS PET STORES
Price: $28.90
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected... Pleasantly surprised!!!, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was not what I expected: I thought it was a treat, like the nuggets from their raw boost kibble, but it's a meal sort of like Wysong Archetype. It's a really nice offering from Nature's Variety Instinct, a brand I respect. (I no longer trust Wysong after they tried sneaking "Meat Protein Isolate" into their Epigen product. Not saying Meat Protein Isolate, whatever that is, is bad, but I was upset at the way it was introduced.) The Nature's Variety Instinct ingredients look good: the first few ingredients are mostly chicken, some salmon oil, and oddly, some sort of clay, but all in all look good.

Now, how does it taste? My cats LOVED this. Ate it up. Crazy. There are warnings on the box about it causing diarrhea if you give them too much at once so I am uneasily watching them, but hopefully a little at a time will let them get used to it.

One question: since it's raw, can you get sick from handling it to crumble it up? The bag has a whole description about how they kill bacteria with pressurized cold water, so the answer is probably no... But that didn't stop it from skeeving me out enough to wash VERY thoroughly.

Also, it's not clear how many nuggets are in a bag, so I don't know how long one bag will last me. I would love to use this to replace my canned food, but I don't yet know if that would be cost effective.

Samsung CF591 Series Curved 27" LED-lit Monitor (LC27F591FDNXZA)
Samsung CF591 Series Curved 27" LED-lit Monitor (LC27F591FDNXZA)
Price: $349.99
4 used & new from $215.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived cracked, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It looks like it could have been a gorgeous monitor, but it was cracked right out of the box. What we can see looks great. Hopefully I will be able to get a replacement and give it a full review.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2016 1:22 PM PDT

JJ Cole Nexus Carrier, Black
JJ Cole Nexus Carrier, Black
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $49.95
3 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars We LOVE this cross between a Baby K'Tan and a soft structured carrier, May 10, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We LOVE this carrier, and that's saying something since we seem to collect carriers. It's basically a cross between a Baby K'Tan and a soft structured carrier. You can face the baby in or out, it's a breathable material, and it doesn't take up a lot of room when not in use (it's also easy to fold and pack). Great value for the price!!!

TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit PoE Web Managed Easy Smart Switch with 4 PoE Ports (TL-SG108PE)
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $78.95

5.0 out of 5 stars TL-SG108PE: Small and easy PoE switch packed with features! (There are a few choices, don't get confused.), May 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The tough thing about reviewing this TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit PoE Webmanaged EasySmart switch is that since it is labeled as "business class" it's not just a typical review of home user equipment. That said, it's perfect for home use, but keep in mind that this is an add-on to a router. In my case, a FIOS-provided wireless gateway only came with 4 wired connections and I now have a need for 5 or more. This plugs and plays perfectly. Just connect a cat5e or better ethernet cable from the wireless gateway into the TP-Link switch (I suggest port 8, but you can choose whichever you want... though probably a good idea to leave 1-4 for PoE devices should you ever get any) and another cat6 from any of the remaining 7 ports on the device, and you're good to go. It's that easy. (Note that since one port is used to connect to the router, you can only connect seven devices to the switch.)

That said, from the business side, I'd be inclined to imagine this TL-SG108PE is more geared towards a small business that doesn't use rack mounted servers or switches. While I see a comment in the questions about the device being rack mountable, I didn't find any hardware included to assist with that. I think that is referring to the TL-SG1008PE GigabitPoE+ switch, which does list rack mountable in the description. This is pretty clearly a desktop switch. You can even see in the names on the Amazon listing as it currently stands. I hope someone from TP-Link realizes the possibility for confusion and works with Amazon to split up the listings instead of making them options of the "same" device.
TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE Desktop Switch with 4 PoE Ports (TL-SG1008P)
TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE Rackmount Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports (TL-SG1008PE)
TP-LINK 8-Port Fast Ethernet PoE Desktop Switch with 4 PoE Ports (TL-SF1008P)

Again, going towards the idea that the TL-SG108PE is a small business switch, the web management software is almost definitely worth the extra few bucks.

On the other hand, this switch is packed with features that I think may be overkill for a small business. Why does a desktop switch need a monitor port? And if you don't have any PoE devices, you might want to look at the TL-SG108 or even TL-SG105 instead and save a few bucks.

In short: great switch, not so great Amazon listing.

Hope this review helps! If it was helpful, please click "Yes" next to "this review was helpful" below. Feel free to ask questions in the comments and I'll try to respond as soon as I can.

Splendid Women's Brushed Triblend Straight Leg Lounge Pants, Heather Grey, Small
Price: $72.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 4, 2016
Love these pants! They are so comfortable!

Boon RIPPLE Bathtub Mat, Blue
Boon RIPPLE Bathtub Mat, Blue
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $19.03
8 used & new from $19.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Mine doesn't smell. From what we can see, it's everything you would expect., May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mine has no smell. I see a review from yesterday where someone was complaining about the smell, but neither I, my wife, my kids, or the babysitter have smelled anything at all funny with ours. No bad smell. No sweet smell covering up the other smell.

It's nice and big. Not the full size of our tub, but it's its definitely bigger than your standard bathtub mat. It's comfortable, and sticks in place well. We love the built in hanging feature... waiting to see how that actually works out.

Right now I'm just rating it 4-stars because I'm holding out to see if it develops mold, or if the hanging feature really does help prevent it. I will update the review over time.

Squatty Potty The Original Bathroom Toilet Stool- Slim Teak Finish 7"
Squatty Potty The Original Bathroom Toilet Stool- Slim Teak Finish 7"
Price: $77.99
2 used & new from $73.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, but it's ugly, May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, please note that Squatty Potties come in two sizes: one is for standard height toilets (like this one) and the other is for extended height toilets. Be sure to purchase the right one for your toilet!

This Squatty Potty has two really nice features. First, the teak makes it really light. Second, it's a slimmer profile than the regular one!

That said, it's really ugly. My wife doesn't like me to put our regular Squatty Potty anyplace where guests can see it, but this is REALLY not going anywhere where anyone can see it until I paint it. At least if it's white it doesn't stick out as much!

Comfort Zone Multicat Refill (6 Pack)
Comfort Zone Multicat Refill (6 Pack)
Price: $64.99
3 used & new from $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good price for a product that I think has an effect, April 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One of the first things to note is that this product does indeed differ from the Comfort Zone with Feliway Refill, 6-Pack which is $5 cheaper. This is the multicat version. As of the time I write this, the first picture on this listing is incorrect; it shows a picture of the non-multicat version, but if you look at the second picture, you can clearly see that the box is marked Multicat and has the 100523779 number versus the 100514016 number for the other version.

That said, here's the most important question: do either of them work, and does this one work better? The answer is... maybe. My vet SWEARS to me that it does. From where I sit, they're both ill-tempered horrible creatures that are occasionally bearable but that - for some reason - I will miss horribly when they're gone. My girl cat will constantly bother my boy cat by sticking her nose in his bum, a practice he has made clear he does not like. I'm not sure if she does it to be friendly or to annoy him. For his part, the boy cat will meow non-stop to be let outside so he can murder some innocent rodent or forest creature and leave the dissected carcass on my doorstep. ComfortZone in general does seem to have an positive effect on them, in that they become a little bit more tolerable, but it's definitely not magic. This multi-cat version doesn't have a dramatic effect in terms of making them get along any better than the other, but I have caught them in the same room a few times behaving civil to each other... so it's probably worth the extra dollar per refill.

Note that you MUST buy a diffuser for this, and the diffiuser doesn't have any sort of alarm or other signal that it's time to refill. The only thing you have to go by is that the cats are starting to try and kill each other a little bit more often.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20