Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Profile for S. Allen > Reviews

Browse

S. Allen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Allen RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Vitamix 56405 Blender, Black
Vitamix 56405 Blender, Black
Offered by Healthy Home and Kitchen
Price: $478.95
20 used & new from $449.99

5.0 out of 5 stars IMO the best blender without a doubt, January 24, 2016
Well, we have only had ours for just over two weeks so far and have used it 2-3 times per day so about 25 times so far.
So I obviously can not say anything about long term use and longevity.
But I can comment on how well it works so far.

I have been interested in a Vitamix for many years but never wanted to throw down that kind of money for what I always considered a Blender.

So I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago and found out my blood pressure and cholesterol are WAY too high so I thought I have got to get a handle on this now.
I want to drop 21 lbs I weighed 199.8 lbs when I started this and I am now down to 194.4.
I am drinking 2 Green Smoothies a day one with my steel cut oatmeal and banana with dark chocolate chips in the morning and one with either a can of Sardines or a Piece of Salmon on a bed (1/4 cup dry) of Organic Brown/Red/Black/Wild rice mixed with Quinoa and Lentils.
So my calories are less than 1500 a day but lots of raw nutrients, enough protein, and good Omega 3s.

So I am losing weight and overall feeling better already, though blood pressure is still high but slightly less than 2 weeks ago.

I have made smoothies with Kale, Cucumbers, Bell Pepper, Ginger root, Apple, lemon, Celery, Beets, raw almonds, you name it this thing grinds it up smooth as silk in under 30 seconds.
I have made a couple of fruit smoothies and frozen yogurt with big rock hard strawberries, every kind of frozen fruit imaginable with some yogurt and instant frozen yogurt no problem at all, smooth as can be.

I made two big bowls of Tortilla soup a couple days ago, tossed in 2 Roma Tomatoes, celery, cilantro, chicken broth, a whole jalapeno etc put in hot water from the tap and soup was done and piping hot in 4 minutes, added the chicken and corn few other ingredients for 5 seconds on low and Viola 2 big bowls of piping hot soup and I was done start to finish including clean up in under 10 minutes.

I paid $479 for the 7500 with a bag to nut milk included.

So far this is the best small appliance I own and would get rid of the Mixer and food processor and just keep this any day.

At this point I am very glad I purchased it and would without question buy it again, well worth the $479 so far.

As for the "Teflon" everyone seems to be going on about that probably has apparently been addressed and taken care of, mine was manufactured in Dec 2015 and there is no Teflon particles to be seen.

I have seen numerous test comparing the Ninja and Blendtec to the Vitamix, take note that when you are the best everyone else compares to you.
From what I have seen the Blendtec is second but does not compare and the Ninja is not even remotely close.

Genuine Replacement Ear Pads Cushions for SENNHEISER PC350 PXC350 PXE350 HD380 HD380-Pro HME95 HMEC250 Headphones
Offered by AUDIO EQUIP
Price: $39.89
3 used & new from $31.91

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect replacement pads, November 17, 2015
Great replacement pads, just took off 1 star because the price is ridiculous

Edge
Edge

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, November 17, 2015
This review is from: Edge (Amazon Video)
Wasn't too bad, will give it a chance

Zero Tolerance #0452CF Sinkevich Carbon Fiber Folding Knife, Large
Zero Tolerance #0452CF Sinkevich Carbon Fiber Folding Knife, Large
Price: $220.00
24 used & new from $184.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect EDC, August 24, 2015
This knife is absolutely perfect.
It fits my hand like it was made for it, its light, so easy to carry that you forget its even in you pocket which is amazing for such a large knife.
Opening this knife you place your middle finger in the little dugout on the titanium side and flip it with your index finger.
It rockets out so fast you cant see it open.
You will need to place a drop of loctite on the pivot bolt or just tighten it about once a month which is the one and only small con that is easily remedied.
The blade is very nice, easy to sharpen, holds an edge very well.

I wouldn't change a thing on this knife.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CONTACTOR 1 POLE 32 AMP ONETRIP PARTS® HEAVY DUTY ENCLOSED REPLACEMENT FOR TRANE AMERICAN STANDARD OEM PART CTR1143
Offered by AC PARTS DEPOT
Price: $27.95
2 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good part, August 24, 2015
I put this in 3 months ago, looks like good quality.
Took me about 15 minutes taking my time, total cost $28.
A HVAC repairman was going to charge $275 LOL

These guys are scammers, they charge like $175 for a part they get for less than $20 then for an hour of labor that only takes 10 minutes.
I could see charging $100 total, $75 for labor and then 100% markup on the part so about $25.
But anything over that and they should be arrested for robbery.

This part is working fine for 3 months so far.

Acer XB270HU bprz 27-inch WQHD NVIDIA G-SYNC (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor
Acer XB270HU bprz 27-inch WQHD NVIDIA G-SYNC (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor
Offered by Technology Galaxy
Price: $715.80
31 used & new from $449.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect monitor for gaming and surfing, August 24, 2015
I have had this monitor about 6 weeks now so have a good idea about it at this point.
Mine is perfect, no dead pixels, if there is any back light problem I cant see it.
In fact I just tested it on a black screen and I saw ZERO back light bleed.
The size is great the picture is outstanding.
1440 native res is perfect with todays hardware and games.
IPS is definite improvement over TN
The 144hz refresh is nice although really as long as you are over 85hz you will notice very little difference, but no matter what this is the smoothest game running monitor I have ever seen. Movements on Witcher 3 are almost as if telepathic they are so quick and snappy.

Playing The Witcher 3 everything on ultra with Hair Works on in native 1440 resolution is insane almost looks like a movie in parts.

I have zero complaints of any kind.
Apparently Acer must have had or maybe still has QC issues, however mine is absolutely perfect as are about 80+% of everyone in these reviews and when you consider that its the people that get a crappy one are the ones more likely to write a review then you are probably looking at maybe a 5% crap rate.
If I were you I would take that 95% chance and push the buy button.

Adding a few in game screenshots.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2015 8:14 AM PDT

Thermaltake Magnetic Fan Filter Cooling AC-003-ON1NAN-A1 Black
Thermaltake Magnetic Fan Filter Cooling AC-003-ON1NAN-A1 Black
Price: $10.99
20 used & new from $10.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect screen, August 24, 2015
This works perfect for the fan on side of my case, holds in place perfectly, easy to take off and clean.

I, Frankenstein
I, Frankenstein
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Different spin on the Story, August 24, 2015
This review is from: I, Frankenstein (Amazon Video)
Wasn't bad, decent spin on the Frankenstein story

Stargate Atlantis Season 1
Stargate Atlantis Season 1
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2015
All the star gates are good, but I think Atlantis is the best.

KME Diamond Knife Sharpener with Gold Series Hones and low profile jaws - Base Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice sharpener and great customer service., May 5, 2015
This is an excellent sharpener, works very nicely, a large selection of stones, hones, strops and emulsions to sharpen virtually anything.

Henry at Oldawan Tools is great to deal with, is quick to answer any questions. Also, Ron at KME quickly shipped out a replacement hone.
When mine came in one hone, the 600 grit had a weird couple of spots on it that caused the knife to either stop or if you pushed hard enough bump over it in two places so using it was very annoying was like a train track, bumpity bumpity bump. You could not visually see anything wrong with it, would have had to have been used in order to know if it were defective.

So a great sharpener with outstanding customer service from both Oldawan and KME..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7