Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Profile for S. Allen > Reviews

Browse

S. Allen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Allen RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Zero Tolerance #0452CF Sinkevich Carbon Fiber Folding Knife, Large
Zero Tolerance #0452CF Sinkevich Carbon Fiber Folding Knife, Large
Offered by DesignerGear
Price: $220.00
7 used & new from $220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect EDC, August 24, 2015
This knife is absolutely perfect.
It fits my hand like it was made for it, its light, so easy to carry that you forget its even in you pocket which is amazing for such a large knife.
Opening this knife you place your middle finger in the little dugout on the titanium side and flip it with your index finger.
It rockets out so fast you cant see it open.
You will need to place a drop of loctite on the pivot bolt or just tighten it about once a month which is the one and only small con that is easily remedied.
The blade is very nice, easy to sharpen, holds an edge very well.

I wouldn't change a thing on this knife.
Comment Comment | Permalink

CONTACTOR 1 POLE 32 AMP ONETRIP PARTS® HEAVY DUTY ENCLOSED REPLACEMENT FOR TRANE AMERICAN STANDARD OEM PART CTR1143
Offered by AC PARTS DEPOT
Price: $27.95
2 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good part, August 24, 2015
I put this in 3 months ago, looks like good quality.
Took me about 15 minutes taking my time, total cost $28.
A HVAC repairman was going to charge $275 LOL

These guys are scammers, they charge like $175 for a part they get for less than $20 then for an hour of labor that only takes 10 minutes.
I could see charging $100 total, $75 for labor and then 100% markup on the part so about $25.
But anything over that and they should be arrested for robbery.

This part is working fine for 3 months so far.

Acer XB270HU bprz 27-inch WQHD NVIDIA G-SYNC (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor
Acer XB270HU bprz 27-inch WQHD NVIDIA G-SYNC (2560 x 1440) Widescreen Monitor
Offered by RackGo
Price: $758.77
7 used & new from $719.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect monitor for gaming and surfing, August 24, 2015
I have had this monitor about 6 weeks now so have a good idea about it at this point.
Mine is perfect, no dead pixels, if there is any back light problem I cant see it.
In fact I just tested it on a black screen and I saw ZERO back light bleed.
The size is great the picture is outstanding.
1440 native res is perfect with todays hardware and games.
IPS is definite improvement over TN
The 144hz refresh is nice although really as long as you are over 85hz you will notice very little difference, but no matter what this is the smoothest game running monitor I have ever seen. Movements on Witcher 3 are almost as if telepathic they are so quick and snappy.

Playing The Witcher 3 everything on ultra with Hair Works on in native 1440 resolution is insane almost looks like a movie in parts.

I have zero complaints of any kind.
Apparently Acer must have had or maybe still has QC issues, however mine is absolutely perfect as are about 80+% of everyone in these reviews and when you consider that its the people that get a crappy one are the ones more likely to write a review then you are probably looking at maybe a 5% crap rate.
If I were you I would take that 95% chance and push the buy button.

Adding a few in game screenshots.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2015 8:14 AM PDT

Thermaltake Magnetic Fan Filter Cooling AC-003-ON1NAN-A1 Black
Thermaltake Magnetic Fan Filter Cooling AC-003-ON1NAN-A1 Black
Price: $10.98
10 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect screen, August 24, 2015
This works perfect for the fan on side of my case, holds in place perfectly, easy to take off and clean.

I, Frankenstein
I, Frankenstein
DVD
Price: $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Different spin on the Story, August 24, 2015
Wasn't bad, decent spin on the Frankenstein story

Stargate Atlantis Season 1 [HD]
Stargate Atlantis Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2015
All the star gates are good, but I think Atlantis is the best.

KME Diamond Knife Sharpener with Gold Series Hones and low profile jaws - Base Included
Offered by Best Sharpening Stone
Price: $168.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice sharpener and great customer service., May 5, 2015
This is an excellent sharpener, works very nicely, a large selection of stones, hones, strops and emulsions to sharpen virtually anything.

Henry at Oldawan Tools is great to deal with, is quick to answer any questions. Also, Ron at KME quickly shipped out a replacement hone.
When mine came in one hone, the 600 grit had a weird couple of spots on it that caused the knife to either stop or if you pushed hard enough bump over it in two places so using it was very annoying was like a train track, bumpity bumpity bump. You could not visually see anything wrong with it, would have had to have been used in order to know if it were defective.

So a great sharpener with outstanding customer service from both Oldawan and KME..

Dough-Joe® Pizza and Baking Stone 14.5" Round by 7/8" Thick (USA)
Dough-Joe® Pizza and Baking Stone 14.5" Round by 7/8" Thick (USA)
Offered by Falls Culinary, Inc.
Price: $40.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pizza Stone out there, May 4, 2015
The best Pizza Stone by far.
7/8" thick, Cordierite, 14.5".
I have made about a dozen or more Pizzas on it so far, works perfectly.
Unless I drop it or do something stupid it should last me a lifetime.

The ONLY complaint I have is just that it's not "Amazon Prime" shippable, but the stone is great.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with SpeedSafe
Price: $39.49
125 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, well made knife, March 22, 2015
Only had this knife a few days so this is just a cursory review I will add things later as needed.

First, I guess that either I got one that wasn't exactly sharpened like everyone elses or maybe my definition of "insanely sharp" is much different than everyone elses.
Mine came in the box I would say at best "somewhat sharp" or "utility Sharp" it wasn't dull by any means but not even remotely scary sharp, hair popping sharp, and all the other degrees of sharpness extolled in all these reviews.
No biggy, I will sharpen it soon.

It feels nice in the hand, although for me personally a bit on the small side which is fine because I bought this for my wife which has small hands.
It does feel good though, feels well made, slight bit of heft to it for its size.
The blade looks nice, has a great shape.
Opening is super easy and smooth, flick the index opening with a little extra flick of the wrist and BAM, its there instantly as if by magic can't even see it open.
Closing it is "slightly" more difficult than a non assisted opening knife but still easily done with just a few minutes of practice.

It is very thin, has a great clip so you do not even feel it in your pocket, goes in and out of pocket very easily, can reach for it, pull it out and have blade open easily within 2 seconds.

I bought this as I stated for my wife mainly for her to EDC when she goes out walking the dog without me sometimes.
For her, with her hand size, she is only 5.2 with tiny hands this should be about the perfect size for self defense.
I think I am going to name it "Sting"
3" long blade that I WILL sharpen to hair whittling razor sharpness with this blade shape, very pointy will easily put a severe hurting on any attacker not armed, one or two cuts in the right places and they will not being doing anything but trying not to bleed to death.

All in all very pleased so far, it is clearly a well made knife and has a lifetime warrantee from a company that by all accounts is very good to deal with and its well under $50.
Probably be the best knife made for that price.

Tilley Tilley Winter Hat
Tilley Tilley Winter Hat
Price: $43.09 - $109.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, very well made, March 22, 2015
Number one, the fit on this hat will be 1 to 2 sizes larger than what your measurements actually say.
In my case, measurement wise I am supposed to be wearing a 7 1/4 size, my head is exactly 22 3/4" around when loosely measured in the exact way you need to. That is 7 1/4 hat size on Tilleys charts.
I went to REI and tried this hat on, lots of them, 7 1/4 was not even close, I could squeeze it on my head but was so tight I would get a headache if I actually tried to wear one that small.
I had to actually go UP TWO SIZES for the perfect fit.
So getting the perfect fit may be troublesome for some people if you do not have a place nearby so that you can actually try several sizes on.
But Tilley states very clearly to always buy one size larger than normal, in my case two sizes larger though so do not be surprised if one size larger is still a wee bit too tight for perfect fit.

I have had mine for a couple months now, winter is over so wont be wearing again for probably 9+ months.
I got a chance to wear mine in the snow and in for here at least fairly cold in the low single digits weather.
The hat seems plenty warm down to 4 degrees even with a 10mph wind blowing.
The brim is perfect and keeps snow off my glasses and face nicely, also keeps snow from going down the back of my neck.
Even though after a few hours of being in the snow and snow covering the hat completely, the hat got a bit wet on the outside but my head stayed dry and warm.
In fact the only time my head got a little wet was from sweat when I tried wearing it for the last time of the year when the temp was in the high 50s and I was walking a couple miles with the dog.
So anything over about 50 degrees is too warm and probably less than that if you are exercising at all.
So comfort range seems to be probably -10 maybe even lower to up to +50 degrees.

The ear flaps are nice little addition and are great to keep ears from freezing down to the low teens but will not keep ears "warm" especially if there is a good wind blowing in your face.
What I used to keep my ears warm was a nice thin merino wool and angora neck warmer that I put over my ears and pulled the ear flaps over the neck warmer, THAT kept my ears totally warm down to basically zero with a stiff wind.

The hat is very well made, the materials are top notch and it was well worth the $69 I paid for it at REI

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6