Profile for N. Duverge > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Duverge "nme medic" RSS Feed (WA)

Page: 1 | 2
Polk Audio LSiC High-Definition Center-Channel Speaker (Single, Black)
Polk Audio LSiC High-Definition Center-Channel Speaker (Single, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars LSiC, April 29, 2013
I did not buy my LSiC from Amazon I was able to get a used one. I am the 3rd owner and the rest of my setup is a pair of LSi15's and a pair of LSi FX. The LSiC was bought in 2004 and sounded a little off. I was not sure what the problem was and I did every check in the book. I even took the speaker apart and looked at the crossover but nothing looked damaged. So I did the next best thing. I ordered a new set of drivers, tweeter and crossover from polk audio customer service.. After getting everything set up again I got to say this is the BEST center channel I have heard. Matches the other LSi speakers perfect. I was using a CS10 before and the difference was amazing. Not putting down the cs10 it's a good entry level but the LSi line sound so good I had to upgrade. I never thought I would ever get LSi anything but when the LSiM came out the price on the LSi's came way down. So much so that I could finally afford to buy them. The LSiC took me months to find but I would not pay the $700 to $800 some people are asking for. The center channel is hard to come by but I would say don't buy it from amazon unless you can get it for under $300. If you are upgrading and you want amazing sound for the price try to find a complete LSi setup. Unless you can afford the new hotness LSiM series. And don't bother reading the one star review that guy does not know what he is talking about. This link has all the info regarding the cascade tapered array. [...]

Pilot [HD]
Pilot [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars This show has potential!, April 20, 2013
The jokes are funny and the actors are decent. What I liked the most is the zombie effects are great. Give it a try not enough zombie shows out there. Don't forget to vote for the show so they can make a complete season.

Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set
Nintendo Wii U Console - 32GB Black Deluxe Set
Offered by FreeTaxStreMesae
Price: $301.99
144 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii U Short Review, November 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
please don't even bother reading the 1 star reviews they are made by trolls who don't know what they are talking about. Yes you will have to update the Wii U when you first get it and yes it takes over an hr but that is not a big deal. once you update the system and the games, that's it start playing its not the end of the world plus its not like you have to do it all the time. People are over exaggerating the updates and some websites are reporting that its 5GB like its fact. I looked at my update file and its a little over 1Gig so not sure why they are saying 5gigs. Also you will notice that some of the 1 star reviews are by people who have never reviewed anything on Amazon. That's how you know they are trolls. The Wii U is great and the games I have played are super fun. NSMB U is a great Launch title and a must have IMO. If my wife wants to watch TV I can play Mario on the game pad which is my favorite feature. The game pad is light but does not feel cheap and there is no lag when playing on it. As for people crying about games freezing on them big deal. That happens on any gaming system PC, Xbox, even PS3. I have not had it happen yet but if it did oh well. I don't get all the hate for the Wii U it has the best launch line up of games of any system it has a new way to play games and its all in HD. I got to say that the most exciting part of the Wii U for me is HD Nintendo games. I really hated the wii and I was not a fan of how bad games looked on it. Now we get all of the great Nintendo games in HD. If you have the money and want something new go and get the Wii U if you can find one. If you are not interested in the Launch line up of games than I would say wait till something comes along that you will want to play. Overall the Wii U is a great system and a must have even if there is no Killer game for it right now you know down the road Nintendo will deliver. Imagine what Zelda will look like on a Wii U so excited for whats to come. And one more thing. to all the people saying Wii U owners are just trying to justify spending $300-$350 on a new system they are full of crap, because its just like buying anything else, it's your money and no one can tell you what to do with it. Go to best buy or gamestop and try the Wii U for yourself read all the reviews you can than make your own god damn mind up.

Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony TDGBR750 Titanium 3D Active Glasses (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
8 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sony 3D Glasses, June 21, 2012
I ordered the Sony TDG-BR750 because the Sony TDG-BR250/B are a pain to wear for more than 1hr. Also the TDG-BR250's gave me eye pain. Got to say the BR750's are SO MUCH BETTER, after 30 mins I forgot I even had them on. Before I got Laser Eye Surgery I used to wear glasses and that's pretty much what the 750's feel like they may even be lighter than some glasses. Build quality is great they don't feel cheep and they sit on your face just right. The Batt came charged and I was able to use them right out the box. By the way I use them with the sony Bravia KDL46EX720. It is my first 3D TV and I have read a lot of reviews online that it is not the best at 3D but so far I have not experienced any problems at all or I just don't see them. As for the difference in 3D picture all I can say is for me the BR750's improved the effect of the 3D over the BR250's by a lot. I was not expecting the 3D picture to look better but to my surprise it was way better. I have not seen any cross talk with the glasses I know some people are saying that the picture is fuzzy and that they are getting more cross talk than normal but I have never experienced that yet, at least not with the TV or glasses. The price is a little high but I would say if you can afford it defiantly get the 750's over anything else. At lease they are not $150-200 like the top of the line Samsung glasses. I love 3D and the 750's make it more enjoyable for me. I don't have any complaints here at all. I guess the only thing I wish was that they release Avatar 3D Blu-Ray for us regular folk already. (not the expensive eBay one) because that has to be the BEST example of what 3D should look like. Nothing has come close to what Avatar 3D looks like yet. (I digress) as for price look at other places before you buy, right now Amazon has them cheaper than anyone else but that changes.

RedEye RE0002 Universal Remote Control System for iOS and PC - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars RedEye RE0002 (WOW), March 18, 2012
The RedEye RE 0002 is the best universal remote control system I have used. I use it with the Ipad/Iphone and PC and it works like a charm. the unit is small and you can put it almost anywhere as long as it has an unobstructed view of your electronics. Because this product has been out for a few years now the software is much better than what it was when it first released and because of that you will most likely be able to find your equipment control codes very easy. For example I put my TVs model number in the search box and it found one set of codes that was set up for my TV. I do want to stress that it is not a plug and play device. You will need to read the Manuel and watch the set up video to learn the basics of the RedEye. Not a big deal considering that most people in the market for a product like this are very knowledgeable about electronics. The RedEye uses your WiFi to communicate with your control devise and for me it is faster to use the RedEye than to use my actual remote control. That is one of the reasons I like it so much. Not everything was easy and getting the button layout just the way I want it took some time and I did have some issues with the WiFi at first. But the online support page and the advanced videos they have posted really helped me out. If that fails you can always call tech support and they will be glad to help. So far I have TV, A/V Receiver, Cable BOX, Xbox 360 and Blu-Ray player being controlled with the RedEye and plan to add a few more electronics to that specific room. Just a side note the best control to use is the Ipad looks really nice and they fit the remote part and the TV Guide part all on the Ipads big screen. For the lazy people giving the RedEye a bad review don't base your decision on there reviews because they did not take the time to really learn how to use the RedEye. It will take more than 15 mins for set up.

PROS: 1.Works fast when controlling devises
2.Button layout can be anyway you want it
3.Online support page is very helpful
4.Price is a little high but will pay for it self in the long run. No more batteries!!
5.Set up can take a few hours but once you have it the way you want you can save what you did to your PC and if it ever gets erased just upload your backup file.

CON: Not for people that don't have a little knowledge of networking and there own electronics.

Polk Audio LSiFX Surround Speakers (Pair, Black)
Polk Audio LSiFX Surround Speakers (Pair, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Polk LSi FX, February 21, 2011
I use the Polk LSiFX as my rear sourrounds in bipol mode. They sound amazing they are made with high grade materials and the piano black finish looks great. One thing to pay attation to is the size, they are HUGE sourround speakers and weigh in at 24 lbs so if you plan on using speaker stands you will need ones rated to withstand 24lbs or higher. I placed mine on opposite sides left speaker is on the right and right speaker is on the left. to me it sounds better but also my living room limits me on how I can place the speakers. One thing of note not a problem for me but it might be for others. I ordered the LSiFX from metroplex trading company and they are not an authorized dealer so the speakers did not come with the serial numbers on them. Which means that Polk audio will not honor the warranty because of that. Again not a problem for me because I got the speakers for about $200 to $300 less than what you would pay. So just a heads up if you buy polk speakers from metroplex trading company you may get speakers with no serial numbers on them. The speakers they sell are polk speakers and they come factory sealed but just with no serial numbers. Not sure if this is the case with all polk speakers sold my them but I called polk audio and they said metroplex is not an authorized dealer. A few more things to note are that the speakers are 4 ohms rated nominal not a problem if you have a good receiver but if you are using an older receiver you may need to get an amp to power the sourrounds. Note: if you use an amp and a receiver you need to make sure that the receiver has pre-outs I know its common knowledge but I didn't know that till I did some research. I have a SONY STR-4400ES and that receiver is rated at 4-16 ohms I have had no problems with overheating or the receiver going into protection mode. I have L/C/R speakers rated at 8ohms and no problems. One last thing polk audio is comming out with a new top of the line speaker family its going to be called LSi M they are going to come out sometime in 2011 to me they look ugly compared to the old LSi family of speakers. anyways when they come out you may have a chance to shach-up some old LSi speakers for much less than retail you may even find them at sub $500 for the towers. I know that the new LSi M will retail for a lot but when they come out I will be looking for the old LSi 25 towers. Just a heads up because when the old inventory runs out thats it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars really good speaker stands, February 11, 2011
This will be short.

PRO: They support heavy speakers.
They are easy to set-up
They come with spikes and round pads for carpet and hard floor
Im not sure why other people said they tip over easy but any speaker stand will tip over if its bumped hard. I have had no problems with falling over and I have to kids and a dog that run all over the place.

CON: only complaint I have is that when using the spikes there is no marker on them so you can have a perfect level stand. you can get them level it just takes a little bit of time to do it.

great quality stand and it looks really nice once set-up

Jamo C80 SUR Left Surround Sound Speakers (Single, Black)
Jamo C80 SUR Left Surround Sound Speakers (Single, Black)
Offered by Home Electronics
Price: $399.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamo C80 SUR, February 11, 2011
I got the JAMO C80 SUR to replace my old bose cubes. Well I already knew that almost anything is better than bose speakers but once I put the JAMO's up I could not believe the difference in sound. these are really good quality speakers and they are made with high grade parts. Unlike the bose cubes which are made from paper cones which is what they used to use back in the 80's and 90's. One thing to point out they are big speakers and the pictures on the web do not do it justice. You will need a good receiver to push them or an amp but well worth the money. They are rated at 6 ohms and I have had no problem's with my receiver over heating or anything like that. I keep my receiver at 8 ohms only because my L/C/F's are 8 ohms. If your receiver does get hot with lower ohms speakers then you might want to get an amp and use the pre-outs on the receiver to push the surrounds. just a thought im no expert when it comes to amps and pre-pros but I have read about people using 4ohms or 6ohms speakers and there receivers over heating. again my SONY STR-4400ES does not over heat and I listen to music or movies really loud with no problems. great speakers!!!

Jamo C80 SUR Right Surround Sound Speakers (Single, Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamo C80 SUR, February 11, 2011

CableWholesale 35-Feet Cable Showcase Premium Grade Subwoofer Cable with Adaptor (10R4-21135)
Offered by YourCableStore
Price: $23.19
3 used & new from $16.45

5.0 out of 5 stars great subwoffer cable, January 16, 2011
I got the 35 foot subwoofer cable so I could place my Polk Audio 505 sub behind my home theater sectional. This feels sturdy and is priced just right. I would recomend this cable even if you just need something shorter get this one that way if later you need someting longer you will already have it. I did not use the Y adaptor but its nice that it comes with it. Great product!

Page: 1 | 2