Profile for B. Dyer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Dyer RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Set
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Set
Offered by deal2be
Price: $7.49
130 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars For better or worse, its WoW with a new difficulty curve, February 4, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
For the most part, this is by far the best incarnation of WoW yet. Northrend is joy to quest in since it looks nice, has excellent lore (at least for the alliance) that involves you like never before, and a new class that is really fun to play. However, after awhile the novelty of all this new stuff wears off and you're left with the end game content to keep you playing. As someone who can't raid, I was really looking forward to getting to run the new heroics and things. However, Blizzard's new philosophy on the "difficulty scaling" of the game has pretty much completely changed the way end game content runs. After less than a month of playing, my friends and I were tearing through the heroics like nothing. Its hard to get psyched for new gear when you can already dominate in what you have. Heroics in TBC were basically hard as heck raids for 5 people, and I miss that. Heroics aren't the only casualty to the new system: I've never seen so many people with the best gear in the game before just running around. My friends that do raid have nothing left to do, and are now just epicly gearing out all their alts. That situation will be fixed with patches, but it stinks to have to just wait for everything. This is basically the first time playing the game I (and my friends) were left with nothing to do except level alts. I can't really comment on the pvp state of the game since that's not my thing (bg's are the most frustrating thing ever... especially on Alliance).

In summary, exploring the new world for the first time is fun, but that's about it. If you can't raid and aren't obsessed with pvp, find an alt you love or be prepared for boredom.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2009 10:24 AM PDT