Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for JHNY > Reviews

Browse

JHNY's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JHNY RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Educational Insights 5351 Nancy B's Science Club Moonscope & Sky Gazers Activity Journal
Price: $29.97
35 used & new from $23.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all-in-one scope and booklet to learn about the night sky., October 12, 2015
Comes in a box that’s about 19” long x 4.5” wide. Assembled with tripod, the scope is about 21” tall and the scope is 15” long. Includes an instruction guide and 22 page activity, MoonScope comes in a few pieces that needs to be assembled (straightforward- my 8 year old daughter started putting it together without looking at the instructions and only needed help putting in a screw), 2 eyepiece lenses: 20 mm and 4mm. Feels sturdier than other kids microscopes or telescopes that I’ve bought in the past. I liked the fact that the main lens’ dust cover is attached, so it won’t get lost. I thought the view was quite sharp and it’s easy to focus, once I figured out where the focus knob was (it’s actually clearly explained in the instruction manual). Activity book offers different things to look for in the moon, as well as some interesting facts and myths. It also provides other suggestions for night viewing, i.e. stars, planets, etc. Has an external LED light to help read a book or star map at night. Can be used during the day as well.
pro: easy to use right out of the box. fun facts in the booklet that makes learning about the night sky interesting. Like having different lenses and being able to experiment with them. Versatility of being able to use it during the day and night. Good all-in-one scope and booklet to learn about the night sky.
of note: needs 2 AAA batteries and a screwdriver to pen the battery case. I would have liked some sort of case to keep the lenses together, along with their dust caps.

EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS NANCY B'S SCIENCE CLUB BLACK LIGHT ILLUMINATOR & NATURE'S MYSTERIES JOURNAL
Price: $13.59
22 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars "Glowing" Fun for an 8 year old, October 12, 2015
Educational Insight's Nancy B's Science Club Black light Illuminator comes in an easy to open plastic pack, containing 22 page journal (12 different activities with fun facts), blacklight (with 3 LED lights; approx. 5.5” long), instruction guide and an invisible pen. Light worked well; best used in the dark, but can be used even if there’s ambient light. My 8 year old daughter immediately started shining the light on different objects and said, “This is fun!” I liked the fact that it has 3 lights, and therefore provides a wider space that it covers. The activity book had some great ideas, from looking at different dollar bills to rocks to different objects. While you have to collect some objects, i.e. rocks or flower, others are more readily available, thus providing projects that one can easily do. There’s a plug for the Nancy B Science Club, which also highlighted women in science; I liked the positive female role models, since I have a daughter. The club website looked interesting, so I signed up for the club, as I am always looking for fun learning activities to do at home.

Pros: easy to use & activity book was easy to understand; offers ideas beyond writing secret messages (why my daughter wanted it in the first place) providing a fun way to learn about fluorescence and UV lights.
Note: requires 2 AA batteries and a flathead screwdriver, although I was able to unscrew it with my fingers.

Zara Terez Big Girls' Glitter Mirror Legging, Multi, Small
Zara Terez Big Girls' Glitter Mirror Legging, Multi, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants for girls, October 3, 2015
Great colors for someone who likes purple, blue and pink. Little tiny abstract squares cover the pants. Smooth material. Waist was good for my thin-waisted child that wears a 6-7 in pants. She's been wearing them every chance she gets so thumbs up!

EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS RIDDLECUBE THE GAME
EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS RIDDLECUBE THE GAME
Price: $14.10
28 used & new from $12.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Game, September 23, 2015
The RiddleCube is an awesome game. You manipulate sticks that are attached together with a stretchy cord to replicate either the picture or words on the game cards. There's also a minute sand time to put a little bit of time pressure (For most of the cards, we didn't need it), but it's also helpful when you get stumped, to move on. My 8 year old daughter loved learning new shapes very quickly. She was faster than I was on the easier (light blue) cards. The darker blue cards were harder, but doable. There are two types of cards to choose from: word cards (you use your imagination more) and picture cards (have to create the shape on the card), which mixes up the game a little bit more. There are a lot more darker blue cards than light blue cards. You could also just use the riddle cubes to fiddle around with on your own. It's a compact game that doesn't take up too much space. You need to keep the box that it comes in so that it hide the pictures/words when you're playing, as the cards are double sided.
Pros- easy to understand and play without reading too many directions. Short playing time for moments when you have a little bit of time, but not enough for a longer board game.
Cons- I personally wanted an answer sheet, but it's not necessary. The cord is a bit tight to get some of the shapes perfectly, but it didn't really matter as you can understand what the other person is trying to do.

Speedo Medium Teamster Backpack, Prism Violet/Bougainvillea, 25-Liter
Speedo Medium Teamster Backpack, Prism Violet/Bougainvillea, 25-Liter
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than desired, May 27, 2015
I had a TYR bag, which is falling apart at the seams, so I am trying the Speedo. This bag is smaller than desired. While it is probably ergonomically correct for an elementary school child, it barely fits a towel and clothing to wear on deck. As other reviewers have mentioned, this backpack is narrow in the opening, which makes getting to the bottom of the bag a bit difficult, but I appreciate the skinniness of the bag with respect to putting it in a locker. Also, as the description states, the bag comes with a bleacher seat- a nice touch, but I would have preferred the space for the bag instead of an extra compartment for the bleacher site (my swimmer never complains about the bleachers being uncomfortable). It would have been nice if Speedo added caribiners to the two hooks on the outside, like TYR does, instead of making me purchase them separately. For those who don't want to put the dirty slippers in the shoe compartment on the bag, one could hang the slippers on the outside of the bag. I would have liked the side pocket to be partially mess. While I like the addition of the wet bag, if my swimmer forgets to take out the wet stuff and leaves it in there, that won't be a good thing.
Positives- wet bag, two side pockets, color as pictured.
Will see how this bag hold up, but for now, docking it one star for the above.

Annie Chun's Brown Rice Noodles, Pad Thai, 8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Annie Chun's Brown Rice Noodles, Pad Thai, 8 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $16.14
26 used & new from $16.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Good thin rice noodles, May 27, 2015
I'm a frequent buyer of these brown rice noodles, as I like to feel like I'm eating healthier. It offers 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of dietary fiber. Made of just brown rice flour and water, they are easy to prepare- boil in hot water for 4-5 minutes or soak in hot water of 8-10 minutes and use it in a stir fry. Nice pantry item to have on hand that's quick enough to utilize. Make sure you don't overcook it, or it will become mush.

Julbo Kid's Rookie Sunglasses,Spectron 3+ Lens, Red, 8-12 Years
Julbo Kid's Rookie Sunglasses,Spectron 3+ Lens, Red, 8-12 Years
Price: $38.63
6 used & new from $30.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy sunglasses that provide UV protection, May 26, 2015
Good size for my child's face with room to grow. Fits well under ski and bicycle helmets. Came with a bulky white plastic case that opens in half, like an egg- would have liked a different case as it's hard to put the 2 pieces together but the glasses work well and they haven't broken yet after a year of use, and it's been dropped a few times!

TruKid 2-Piece Set SPORT Unscented/Water Resistant Sunny Days SPF30+ Lotion 3.5 oz tubes (no Vit. A)
Offered by Trukid
Price: $36.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Sunscreen separated, stings a little bit, May 26, 2015
I stopped using this sunscreen when it started separating shortly after I bought it, which is unfortunate as it seemed quite promising. I liked the texture; it was easy to spread. It leaves a slight whitish cast, but given the high rating on EWG, I'm OK with that. It stings a little bit when I was wearing it, but not enough that it would make me stop using it. Ultimately it was the sunscreen separating (clear liquid would come pouring out, making what seemed like a never-ending mess) that made me stop using it as I couldn't be sure of its efficacy.

Vocabulary Smarts, Book 2 (Grades 4-5)
Vocabulary Smarts, Book 2 (Grades 4-5)
by Judy Wilson Goddard
17 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as difficult as I wanted, May 26, 2015
Easier than expected. So far my child is breezing through it, and she's only in 2nd grade. There are very few words that she doesn't know. I appreciate the definitions that are provided so that I don't have to give them to her. I wish they weren't on the same page so that she doesn't have the chance to look at it before she answers the questions. 2 different sections- first is to choose past/present tense; singular/plural nouns; antonyms/synonyms and then write a sentence using two of the words; 2nd section is contractions, compound words, homophones and pronouns. 104 pages, including explanations so it provides a lot of exercises to work through. Not a bad book, just wish I knew the appropriate level beforehand

Picnic Time Portable Folding Sports Chair, Navy
Picnic Time Portable Folding Sports Chair, Navy
Price: Click here to see our price
33 used & new from $65.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Ended up returning it., May 26, 2015
Heavier than expected so I had to return it. Fold to flat, while I preferred something more narrow.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4