Profile for J. Cherry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Cherry "coordinator of research" RSS Feed (Pullman, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Gallium Arsenide, Electronics Materials and Devices. A Strategic Study of Markets, Technologies and Companies Worldwide 1999-2004, Third Edition
by Roy Szweda
Price: $4,311.00
11 used & new from $4,020.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great information, but a little pricey, September 30, 2012
I purchased this through the Thank You Points network for 545,000 points. It's a thick book; well written, and full of useful information related to the field I work in. the price was a little steep. I guess it depends on how much you are able to use what you learn.

The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain, Black
The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain, Black
12 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Slot Drive CD users beware, October 16, 2008
fine product- but slot drive CD users beware. The cd that the application comes on is a mini-disc and will not load properly into your slot-drive CD-ROM. Find the application at [...]

Wish I had been told ahead of time.

Otherwise it's a fine product. A little bulky, but good for the price.

Amber Oil Bottle Atomizer -1 pc
Amber Oil Bottle Atomizer -1 pc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value- Though a Bit Cheap Feeling, February 14, 2008
As advertised, this product atomizes liquid for application. We purchased several, and found the spray pattern to be a bit unpredictable at best. The cap is chromed plastic, and the overall quality is fairly low. If you go into is knowing this- you'll be fine.

Conclusion:
Fine product, fine price

2.0 out of 5 stars Nasty - Even for the Pregnant Cravings, February 14, 2008
Overall:
For some this may be the best tasting "power bar". I whole heartedly disagree.

Background:
The caveat for this review is that I'm not a true "power bar" connoisseur. I used to occasionally eat them several years ago, but was *really* disappointed with the selection and results. Now that my partner needs to get more protein while fighting nausea, we were recommended protein bars. I picked up 6 brands at the local store: ThinkThin Creamy Peanut Butter; Luna Toasted Nuts n' Cranberry; SoyJoy Raisin Almond; Odwalla Bar! Berries GoMega; Clif Bar Cranberry Apple Cherry; Clif Bar Crunchy Peanut Butter; and Powerbar Harvest Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.
Of these products- ThinkThin ranked dead last. I honestly thought the rectangular shaped soyjoy would hold the title, but was really surprised by its flavor and texture. The first place bar (so far) has been the Clif Bar Crunchy PB.

Numbers:
What surprised me about the ThinkThin bars were the premium price and the amount of protein. These bars were priced at $2.19, a full $0.50 more than the next most expensive bar (ymmv). For that price, you do get twice the protein (20g) of the next highest bars (10g for Luna, Clif, Odwalla, Powerbar, and 4g for SoyJoy).
Is the premium worth it? If you must have a high protein bar, I suppose you could do worse. I can't imagine how- but I haven't tasted everything out there...

Flavor:
The flavor is metallic, with a surprisingly bright and sharp aftertaste that lingers. It tastes like peanut butter- but not any kind I'd really enjoy eating.

Texture:
The texture is actually not half-bad. It's definitely softer than any other of the bars tested. Is it creamy? No. The overall mouthfeel is that of a homogeneous Whatchamacallit, or very soft Butterfinger (without the flavor).

Conclusion:
For the intended purpose, this bar fell short of the mark. It provides a load of protein in a small package- if you can choke it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under $10 and not a problem to be found!, November 9, 2005
You might actually spend more in shipping for this dynamite watch! Hate gold tone watches? this is the perfect marriage of simplicity and silver... I'm giving them away as gifts! Why not?! They will last forever, and if they are lost, it's not like it's more than a mortgage payment (or even a movie ticket!) Score!

Casio - MQ761A
Casio - MQ761A
Offered by WatchZone
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID!, November 9, 2005
This review is from: Casio - MQ761A (Watch)
Basic watch for basic people... Not interested in all the flash and worry that goes along with a fancy watch? I'm not either! That's why I love this watch. I've owned several v.expensive watches, and still come back to the no-nonsense basis black band watch. I'd love a timex, but the casio's are rockin' my world right now... Can't beat it for the price...

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and perfect, November 9, 2005
This is the perfect watch for you if you are on a budget. I like it, though I'm more into the flash of the Casio MQ241E. The upshot is that this is a watch for the people. There's no flash, no digital, no leather band, nothing but a simple watch. For the price, you honestly cannot beat it. The only way it could get better is if either someone gave you the watch as a gift, or you won it in the "claw of luck" game in the supermarket entryway. That's the ONLY way it gets better than this... A true gem...

5.0 out of 5 stars GOLD!!!, November 9, 2005
How can you hold back?! You can have a stylish black faced analog (YES- ANALOG!) watch with gold details for less than $10!!! I love this watch, but then again, I love not spending a lot of money on a timepiece. Best of all, you can watch the confusion on your child's face when they ask you the time and you show them the clock. "Oh, it's not digital?" Yeah, baby... this is old skool! I would only recommend against this watch if you are uncertain about the hash marks. If that's the case, look at the next casio in the price list and for (I think) $0.50 more, you can have number on your watch face... Love it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2009 3:56 PM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly less bare bones, November 9, 2005
I personally like the lower model of this watch. I can't see spending $3 more to have the date feature, but it certainly has its use. There are NO frills on this watch, it's just a watch. And really, when you look at comparable functionality... for example, the rolex with date function (for oh, about $10K more), $3 for a calendar isn't so bad... If all you need is a watch, don't spend your bux anywhere else. You're just showing off...

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously bare bones, November 9, 2005
Just looking for a watch- this is it. No need for a chrono/timer/alarm/barometer/altimeter/esppresso maker on a wrist? you've found your watch. The battery is easy to replace at any watch shop, but you might be better off just buying a new watch for the same price as the battery replacement! I love this watch for 2 reasons- the frugality and the "old-school-retro" thing. If that's not your thing, oh well...

Page: 1 | 2