Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for Wild Fan > Reviews

Browse

Wild Fan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wild Fan RSS Feed (MN)

Denon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel 4K Ultra HD Networking Home Theater AV Receiver with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $799.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll point out the CONS... then I'll advise you to "buy it now!!"., May 17, 2015
Starting with the CONS: First and foremost, it is SENSITIVE to ventilation. Spotify is subscription service only. I'd prefer a 10' power cord. Does require some tinkering to get set up and sounding great. Should include a learning remote. WiFi would have been nice in this model. (note the X4100 does have WiFi and Bluetooth but it'll cost you). GUI interface has improved since the 2112 model but it's still pretty boring.

I will expand on a couple of the CONS: This thing scared the heck out of me. I bought this and replaced my Denon 2112 model because I wanted more power and I've had my eye on the X4000 since it was released and the price drop made me seal the deal. I never had ventilation issues with my 2112. I did have some occasional issues with the hdmi to my PS3, if I had the receiver backed up too far against the wall, that hdmi input wouldn't display on the tv. I usually just had to pull it away from the wall an inch or 2 and then the picture came back and all was well.

So, after hooking the up X4000, I started playing a game at a pretty low level, and the receiver kept shutting down. After checking every single speaker wire on both the speaker side and receiver side, I tried playing again and the shut downs continued to happen.

To make a long story short, the issue was the ventilation. The 2112 never had this issue but it also had about 35% less power output so I suppose it makes sense. I had to move the receiver to a completely different location. Buy 2 50' hdmi cables to run to my tv and ps3 as well as some more speaker wire. After I moved it to a much more ventilated area, I have had zero issues with it. I am very relieved to say that.

Spotify only works if you are a premium member. I love Spotify, but I believe Spotify premium is a complete rip off and wont pay that. So that sucks. Not the end of the world though because now the PS3 can do Spotify and its a pretty good layout.

Those are my only gripes.

The PROS are too many to list but a few stand outs are: Great price after recent price drop! Lots of cool features, tweak-ability, the Audyssey setup is simple and makes pretty good sound / room corrections for you! Sound is awesome, I've had 3 Denon AVR's in my life and they all sounded amazing.

I wasn't sure if the power upgrade from my 2112 model would be very noticeable but it really is. I use to be able to listen to my 2112 at 80 or even 88 or so volume level and it was really loud but I don't want to stress the receiver that much,88 or so is pretty high. The 4000 achieves this volume around 75 or so which seems much better to me. If you do crank it up to 82 or so, its awesomely loud, hahaha!! (note: this is my unscientific comparison, I'm sure to be off by a bit but this was my own impression).

The setup assistant works very well and would really benefit a novice ARV setter upper, lol. Even for someone with some experience like me, it is very helpful and easy to follow. Well done.

I give this one a very high recommendation! Especially at this sub 800$ price, pretty sweet deal. I haven't had any networking issues or other issues with this product after I gave it the correct ventilation. Denon makes great stuff!!

Motorola Droid Turbo Case, Incipio [Shock Absorbing] DualPro Case for Motorola Droid Turbo-Black/Black
Offered by Incipio Xpress Depot
Price: $8.99
18 used & new from $7.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all. Not much competition at this point either though., November 11, 2014
Decent case. Driod Turbo fits nicely inside and it functions as advertised. Still, after more cases come out I'll probably get a different one. I dont like how you can't see the back and logo with this case. It feels durable though although the smoothness of the case is actually slightly more "slippery" than the phone itself is which I think is a negative. I'd prefer that almost rubber, slightly "grippy" feel.

Still, overall a decent case.

Update: Multiple reports on issues with BN 64 GB model of Driod Turbo phone so I wouldn't advise getting this case if that is your phone model. I have the 32GB, non-BN model, no issues.

Panasonic Quick-Fit Best in Class Over-the-Ear DJ Stereo Monitor Headphones RP-HTF600-S (Black & Silver) Lightweight, Comfortable, Powerful Bass,  iPhone, Android Compatible, Noise Isolating Headphones
Panasonic Quick-Fit Best in Class Over-the-Ear DJ Stereo Monitor Headphones RP-HTF600-S (Black & Silver) Lightweight, Comfortable, Powerful Bass, iPhone, Android Compatible, Noise Isolating Headphones
Price: $49.95
38 used & new from $42.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away - Unbeatable value!!, August 31, 2012
I've had these phones for several months now, about 8 I believe and they are simply awesome!! They really sound AS GOOD AS some phones that cost 150-180 $. I have some Audio Technica ath 900's and these are right up there with them. In a way, they are more fun to listen to than the pricier phones because they were so cheap but the sound is phenominal. The bass is really thumpin' and the mids are not scooped out, a very good mix of sounds!! I could also mention that I have a pair of Bose AEi's (I believe thats what they are called...) They were 150$ or so and the Pannies are definately more fun to listen to. The Bose's are very clean and nice, but not as exciting sounding, although there is no Ipod/Andriod controller on the Pannies. I guess thats my only gripe, but at this price, who cares!

VERY highly recommended!!

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Offered by USA Supply Source
Price: $52.95
45 used & new from $42.35

5.0 out of 5 stars XP400 - Good stuff!, August 31, 2012
Just wanted to add another great review for these phones. They sound great, especially considering they are wireless. Surround sounds very good. I think the bass levels are good too. Some say they aren't punchy enough but I'd say they are really good. Treble and midrange also come across nicely and there is a good mix/blend of the sound range.

My only minor gripe is they are slighly large on my noggin. They dont slip off but if I move very much they can get a little "off", but it hasn't been an issue really, just something worth mentioning.

Great product!

Denon AVR2112CI Integrated Network AV Surround Receiver
Denon AVR2112CI Integrated Network AV Surround Receiver
2 used & new from $560.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great AVR!!!, September 22, 2011
I'll keep this short and sweet. This receiver does everything it says it does and it sounds OUTSTANDING!! It has the usual user friendlieness of Denon and their "clear as mud" instruction manual. Actually the guide is better than it was 8 or so years ago when I had my last Denon AVR and it does pretty much answer most questions you may have but it seems a bit "all over the place". The other negatives are the GUI interface isn't that pretty, but it works very well. It just looks more like a DOS (old school computer language) interface. You'd think they could improve this without that much effort but anyway, its not the most important thing.

Again, it sounds awesome, it does everything its suppose to do and works great. 90 watts per channel is enough too, it is more than enough actually.

Go and get yourself one now!

Audio Technica ATH-A900 Audiophile Closed-Back Dynamic Headphones (Old Version)
Audio Technica ATH-A900 Audiophile Closed-Back Dynamic Headphones (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger, Badder, Best!!, September 20, 2011
Fantastic!! I'm a gamer / musician / movie guy / and I appreciate many kinds of music. Each time I play a song through these cans I hear a level of clarity that I've not heard before. They really sound AWESOME!! The sound stage is as good as I've ever heard too. Its not 5 channel surround, but the speakers in these things come close to giving that effect. You can very clearly tell where the sound is coming from when playing games.

The bass is really nice and clean in these, not overdone but VERY much there. Its really a perfect blend of lows / mids / highs. I've read some folks say the mids are slightly lacking which may be true but I dont really notice it and I doubt the average listener would either.

I have a pair of BOSE AE2i's also so pretty soon I'll do a side by side comparison if anybody would like to know.

PROS: I'd have to say the superb sound / very comfortable and bang for the buck value are these can's best features which is a recipie for perfection.

CONS: Not many to name. Its a bit of an aged product, I believe it came out in the early 2000's like 03 maybe? Somebody can correct me on that. A feature that would be nice would have been a mic for ipod voice recognition. That would have made these cans perfect.

They are really BIG. They fit very nicely though, even my 5 foot tall wife loved how comfy they were and they fit on her nicely. Just not real portable for outside use, but it could cetainly be done!

Some folks might not like the 10 foot long cord. I dont mind it since I play games and the cord reaches my couch easily, plus I do record music and its nice to have that extra length at times.

OVERALL: 9.3 / 10 I'd say. Not a lot of room for improvement and at 165 off amazon, you can't beat it!

EDIT: I just wanted to add, these phones are closer to black than blue. The pictures on Amazon are very bright, in person the phones look like a very dark blue/grey or almost black.