Profile for K. Walsh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Walsh RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Lilac Bouquet - 1 Ounce
Lilac Bouquet - 1 Ounce
Offered by Simpson & Vail, Inc.
Price: $1.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Lilac Bouquet - 1 Ounce (Misc.)
This is my new favorite tea. It has a delicate, sweet, floral flavor that is not overpowering. By that, I do not mean to say that it is a weak tea. This product is potent. When made as directed, it does make a strong tea. I really like strong tea, so that is a plus for me. Those who prefer weaker tea could probably manage that by using less tea than directed.

RCA RCRN04GR 4 Device Universal Remote with Green Backlit Keypad (Gloss Black)
RCA RCRN04GR 4 Device Universal Remote with Green Backlit Keypad (Gloss Black)
Price: $8.47
108 used & new from $0.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Remote could not find a single one of my devices, April 22, 2012
I'm not sure if I'm being entirely fair giving only 1 star, considering I never really got to see the remote in action. However, considering I bought this universal remote to universally control my devices, I do think it utterly failed in that regard since it could not find a single one of them. I would have considered it acceptable if it had at least managed to control the RCA device for which I do not have a remote control, but it could not even find a device of the same brand as the remote. I will be returning this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good concept, but..., December 27, 2011
I like the idea of this, but it didn't really work out in practice. I opened this up on Christmas morning and was excited to use it to help fit more in the oven for Christmas dinner. I went to the kitchen, assembled it, and discovered that it didn't really fit the oven the way it shows in the picture. With only one of the regular oven shelves in the lowest position, the top tier of this shelf was flush with the top of the oven--so there were only two tiers with available space and one spot to the side for the turkey. Plus, this shelf limits the size of the items you can fit on both height and width to a greater degree than just using the regular oven shelves. With the usual two shelves that came with the oven, you could make room for the turkey, one item beside it, and two short items on the second shelf. In short, this shelf actually reduced the number of items that could fit in the oven. Even if you have a larger oven, you still would only come out with space for one turkey and three other small items, so no additional space would be gained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results!, August 11, 2011
I used this to re-pot my orchid, and the results were wonderful. Within a day or two the plant perked up and became noticeably healthier. Within a week it began spiking and blooming. I will definitely use this again. For shoppers concerned about other reviews questioning the amount of soil vs. bark, remember the instructions that came with your orchid when you bought it! Orchids only need a small amount of water--usually only 2-3 ice cubes a week for small to medium plants. When your plant gets larger and needs to be re-potted the amount will go up, but it will still only want a small amount of water compared to other types of plants. Soil holds onto moisture, which is fine and good if you are continuing to follow the watering instructions and only give a small amount of water, or if you err on the side of under-watering. If you are prone to giving your orchid too much water, you should either add bark or consider a different mix that includes more bark to help drain away the excess water.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite nail polish, March 6, 2011
I have tried almost every brand of nail polish out there, and this is definitely my favorite. The quality is as good as OPI and better than China Glaze, but with a better price tag. I use my hands a lot throughout the day and have always had trouble with other brands of nail polish chipping, smudging, and getting those weird dents and lines when touch something after you think it's dry only to discover it actually wasn't. This doesn't do that. It dries hard, stays smooth and perfect, and I don't have to change polish until I get tired of the color or my nails grow out. Also, for all of the colors I have tried so far the color is opaque, vivid, and the color you see when it's in the bottle is same as the color you get when you paint it on your nails and let it dry. I would also recommend using Beauty Secrets base coat and Beauty Secrets hardener with this. They work very well with Finger Paints nail polish.

MYCARRYINGCASE Purple TPU Cover Bag Case Skin Sleeve with Soft Pouch, Dust Plug and Screen Protector for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation(Also Compatible with 2011 iPod Touch)

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but not the best functionality, March 6, 2011
This is a very pretty sleeve, and it is more durable than I was anticipating when I looked at the image. I expected it to be thin and possibly fragile, but bought it anyway because I'm crazy about purple and I figured it was worth the risk. First, for anyone doing the same thing I was, be aware this is actually less purple than it looks in the picture. The "Purple" sleeve is definitely pink. It is not fragile, though. The problem is actually that the sleeve is made out of a plastic material that is a little too hard. The sleeve covers the volume buttons, and it is difficult to impossible to push these buttons while the sleeve is on. Nonetheless, it is still pretty and it serves the purpose of protecting my iPod touch. I am still using mine and find I can deal with its shortcomings.

Model Schooner - Style 32222
Model Schooner - Style 32222

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, March 6, 2011
This review is from: Model Schooner - Style 32222
This ship is absolutely beautiful. The craftsmanship is amazing. The parts are all made of real wood and fabric, and overall this looks like a much more expensive item than it actually is.

Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner 6 oz
Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner 6 oz
Offered by Trendy Mane closeout sprucing gear!
Price: $6.18
2 used & new from $3.29

1.0 out of 5 stars Made my hair drier and frizzier than before!, March 6, 2011
Before using this product, my hair was okay with no major problems, but I wanted to make it softer. After using this just once, my hair became dry and frizzy. I don't know how it's possible for something that calls itself a moisturizing conditioner to do that, but it happened and this was the only product I used that was different.

Easy Street Women's Comfy Boot
Easy Street Women's Comfy Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love these boots, October 26, 2010
I am crazy about these boots. I was a little concerned after reading the last review, but decided I liked them enough to brave it. They fit perfectly. I measured, and the description is accurate about the circumference of the calves being 14", and that is with the boots zipped up. Don't let the review claiming they're smaller sway you. The boots are beautiful and very comfortable.

The Girl Who Bites Her Nails and the Man Who Is Always Late: What Our Habits Reveal About Us
by Ann Gadd
Price: $14.69
36 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, January 26, 2009
This book is completely ridiculous and although maybe it could do a very tiny bit to help someone break a habit if all they needed was a poorly reasoned pep talk, there is no way it will ever help someone who genuinely has a problem with a bad habit they can't seem to break. Most of the "advice" in the book is just an amazingly large collection of figures of speech relating to some aspect of a particular habit (ie- "spitting nails," "have our claws out," "claw their way to the top," "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours," etc for nail biting). There is no real support given for any of the claims in the book. But that's not all. If that were it, the book would be harmless and I would probably rate it with two or three stars. The problem is this book is not harmless at all. The part I find most alarming is that the author claims that allergies are not real and are just a cry for attention and an attempt to be controlling. I don't care how much you try not to be controlling and to seek attention only in healthy ways, if you genuinely have an allergy, you will have that allergy all your life, and trying to pretend it doesn't exist could be life-threatening. That is why I am taking the time to write this review. Do not buy this book. This is a horrible book and following some of the advice in it could actually be hazardous to your health.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2012 9:48 PM PDT