Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for Jessica McKelden Cave > Reviews

Browse

Jessica McKelden...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 506

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jessica McKelden Cave RSS Feed (Seattle, Wa)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Until July: ( Until Her )
Until July: ( Until Her )

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it...But the Grammar is Atrocious!, April 19, 2015
I adored each of the novels in the Until series and I was excited to see their children back in action in this new spin-off series.

It starts out with July, the oldest daughter of Asher and November. She's sassy, funny, and headstrong. It's hard not to love her immediately. And Wes agrees. He's a bad boy who gets knocked off his feet by a little blonde with some attitude. They have great chemistry and I rooted for their happily ever after throughout the entire novel. I loved seeing Asher and November and the rest of the couples brought back. The characters are all well-written and funny.

While the plot and characters were well done, the glaring grammar mistakes really took a toll (and lost this review an entire star). This was definitely an issue in the 4 previous books by this author, and I was very disappointed to see that it continues to be an issue here. Surely the author can afford paying a real copy editor to make the necessary changes. It really brings a book from mediocre to excellent in a few fairly easy steps. They're, their, and there are mixed up several times. There is missing punctuation between sentences in many areas, to the point where I'd have to read it a few times to understand what was trying to be said. Silly (and common) mistakes are made many times, like using anyways and towards (hint: the "s" should not be at the end of either of these words). Please, please, please invest in a copy editor for the next story. I'd love to read Jax sans-grammar mistakes.

Despite this glaring issue, I still enjoyed the novel and will definitely be reading the next ones as soon as they're released.

Hard to Be Good: A Hard Ink Novella
Hard to Be Good: A Hard Ink Novella
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 19, 2015
It's hard not to fall in love with Jeremy and Charlie, especially if you've been reading the Hard Ink series from the beginning. They're lovable characters and I was so happy to see them finally get their happy endings, even if their novel was too short.

Charlie is shy, and shy may even be an understatement. His father had a long history of putting him down because of his sexuality and it left a lasting impression on the man. After all of the trauma he'd been through in the last handful of weeks, it's not surprising that he feels like he's out of control and going crazy. The other men of Hard Ink give him work to do -- computer work with Derek finally gives him a purpose. But he still finds himself with something missing (besides two of his fingers, of course).

And then we have Jeremy. He's got a rather strong personality. He's brash, blunt, hilarious, dirty-minded, and doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. He is exactly what Charlie needs to bring him out of his shell and help him live again. These men have insane chemistry and you can't help but root for their happily ever after each step of the way.

I've already preordered the next two books from the Hard Ink series and will devour them as soon as they're released. They're sure to be just as wonderful as the rest!

Hard to Come By: A Hard Ink Novel
Hard to Come By: A Hard Ink Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Wonderful!, April 19, 2015
The Hard Ink novels just keep getting better and better!

Derek is a strong, sexy hero. He comes off as funny and confident, but behind all that is a man who was shaken to the core when his leg was blown off at war. He's come a long way, however, and has made peace with his handicap. He's risen above and embraced it, really. But he's still lonely, still mourning the loss of his friends, still missing his best friend who is distant at best.

Enter Emily. She begins as the sister of a suspect, someone for the Hard Ink guys to investigate. From the beginning, Derek is positive of her innocence and finds himself falling for her....quickly. She's positive, funny, uplifting, smart, and exactly what he needs. They have awesome chemistry and their emotions are so real. The reader instantly feels exactly what they're feeling.

The characters are wonderful and the plot is always thrilling. It's hard not to get into the Hard Ink novels. I felt like I was flipping pages as fast as my fingers could handle. I didn't want to put it down. I can't wait for the next installment

Tool: A Stepbrother Romance
Tool: A Stepbrother Romance
by Sabrina Paige
Price: $13.99
6 used & new from $8.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, but Better Than Good!, April 19, 2015
I'd read the author's other book, Prick, first, which I had thought was only okay. I went into this one with pretty low expectations. While I wasn't blown away, I was pleasantly surprised. The story was well-done, interesting, and sexy. I enjoyed the characters and truly rooted for their happily ever after.

Delaney is described as a staunch professional, a bit of a stick-in-the-mud. I didn't think she really came off that way for most of the novel, however. She was funny and real. I didn't really understand her mental block against the whole step-brother thing (this is one of the things the author played up in Prick, too, which struck me as odd), even though it really wasn't a big deal.

And then we have Gaige, who is the consummate bad boy. He is Delaney's opposite in every way, which is why they're completely perfect for each other. He doesn't think the step-sibling thing is an issue, which I very much appreciated and agreed with. As soon as Delaney enters the picture, he abandons his bad boy ways and is (once again) chasing after her.

Their chemistry is done very well. I totally believed every minute of their romance. I felt like their bickering went a little far a few times; I wouldn't have found it as tolerable or funny as the characters did. It got a little old, too, but once it wrapped up and they began their romance, I felt like I was much more invested in the story.

I'll definitely pick up any future books this author may have.

Car Scenter Electric Diffuser Plus 5 Refill Pads
Car Scenter Electric Diffuser Plus 5 Refill Pads
Offered by Ultimate Fulfillment
Price: $7.50
4 used & new from $7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, April 11, 2015
This works great! The scent doesn't last terribly long, though. I don't like the fact that I'll likely have to purchase replacement pads sometime soon. I don't really know when the "sweet spot" is to change the pad, but I'd rather reuse them as many times as possible anyway. All in all, though, it does exactly what I want it to. I love the smell of peppermint while I'm driving!

Prick: A Stepbrother Romance
Prick: A Stepbrother Romance

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 11, 2015
I have mixed feelings about this book. I've read quite a few stepbrother books and this one was good, but not amongst my favorites.

First you have Kate. She's prim and proper and likes to please those around her. She's been under her father's thumb for years, but doesn't really see it that way. She likes to make him happy, and as a US governor, he likes things to be just right. And then you have Caulter. He's a bad boy who likes to push the limits as far as he can. He's a rebel and a womanizer and he's pretty happy keeping things the way they have been all along.

When Kate's dad and Caulter's mom announce that they're getting married, they're both shocked. They have a past and now there's no escaping it. They get thrown into a world of pretending they're nothing more than friends and new step-siblings, but the reader knows it won't last for long.

They have decent chemistry. I believed it for the most part. It's that love-hate relationship dynamic that we all know and (secretly) love. It's done well. I hated Caulter quite a few times, too.

I've already purchased the second book in this series, which looks to be unrelated other than in theme. Hopefully the next one will be a step up from this one. It was enjoyable, but not my favorite.

Bubble Buttons Home Button Sticker Patterns Pack of 6 / iPad/iPhone/iPod
Bubble Buttons Home Button Sticker Patterns Pack of 6 / iPad/iPhone/iPod
Offered by Cool Stuff USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These!, April 11, 2015
These are great iPhone home buttons. They perfectly fit my iPhone 5S and I'm fairly certain that they fit every other iPhone model, as well. They stick really well, so make sure you stick the sticker upright in the first place. I do notice that mine tends to spin, but I think it has something to do with the way I touch it when I press the button. This is a great product!

Beneath This Ink
Beneath This Ink
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 11, 2015
This review is from: Beneath This Ink (Kindle Edition)
This series has very quickly become one of my favorites in recent memory.

Vanessa and Con are a sexy, strong couple that I basically fell in love with instantly. Vanessa is a rather uptight woman who has allowed herself to remain under the thumb of her father for far too long. She's trying so hard to prove herself worthy of her family, her friends, and her community, but there are forces against her. Con, on the other hand, doesn't care what anyone things. He has known Vanessa for years, and has been in love with her for just as long. He's a laid back artist who just wants to do his own thing.

The plot is fast paced and believable. I loved the chemistry between Vanessa and Con. I rooted for them to get together from the moment I opened the book. They're rather perfect for each other. I devoured this story faster than I expected.

I will most definitely be reading the everything else by this author.

Obligation: Obligation (Underground Kings Series Book 2)
Obligation: Obligation (Underground Kings Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Not Amazing, April 11, 2015
While I loved the first story in the Underground Kings novel, this one just didn't hit me in quite the same way. It look me about 85% of the book before I finally figured out how it was even related. Kai was only briefly in the previous novel and they're not really related, other than mutual characters meet up at some point. The setting is entirely different, the plot is entirely unrelated, the characters almost entirely different. Despite this dissimilarities, this book is still a good read.

Myla is an intriguing heroine. She's been through a whole lot of crap in her life and she keeps rising above. Most of it doesn't seem to have touched her, but she still has to be strong. Enter Kai. He rescues her for the second time, but this time they end up married. They have great chemistry and I believed their attraction.

My only complaint is that there isn't much of a plot. Things happen and events unfold, but Myla, our main point of view, is just along for the ride. She doesn't do much herself and things just happen to her. Kai initiates many of the events that unfold, but they happen out of the reader's view.

All in all, I still enjoyed the story and the characters. It wasn't as good as I was initially expecting, but I still enjoyed every minute. I'll most likely continue reading this author.

One Night of Sin (After Hours)
One Night of Sin (After Hours)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, April 11, 2015
While this book didn't stand out for me, I did enjoy it.

The characters, Skyler and Gage, are well-developed and interesting. Skyler is a classic good girl. She's not really out to change her ways, but Gage makes her want things that she's never wanted before. Gage is a strong, sexy hero who runs his own business with his best friends. He's also working on rescuing his no-good baby brother for the final time. He's a bad boy with a heart of gold and Skyler can't resist him.

Skyler and Gage had great chemistry and it was definitely believable. The only thing I didn't appreciate was that their relationship was almost entirely rooted in sex. That's how it started and that's how it continued. It got a little old after a while, but I still believed the love between them.

I'll definitely continue reading books from this author in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20