Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for C. Keaton > Reviews

Browse

C. Keaton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Keaton "roadrunner45601" RSS Feed (Chillicothe, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Women Fashion Korean Cocktail Bottoming sleeveless Party Dress (M(US4-US6), Yellow)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the dress for me, March 5, 2016
The dress arrived faster than I expected, but I was very disappointed when I opened the package. I wear a size S/M so I ordered a medium and it doesn't fit at all. I couldn't even get it on. (It does however fit my 9 year old niece- picture attached). The material looks nice, but there are loose strings everywhere. It's not well made.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DOLE SHAKERS FRUIT SMOOTHIE YOGURT KIT MIXED BERRY 4 OZ PACK OF 4
DOLE SHAKERS FRUIT SMOOTHIE YOGURT KIT MIXED BERRY 4 OZ PACK OF 4
Offered by The Neighborhood Corner Store
Price: $29.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Breakfast or Snack, January 25, 2014
I'll start off by saying that I love this product, but the price here on amazon is ridiculous. You can buy these in the frozen fruit section at Wal-Mart for $1.50 each. I've only tried the Mixed Berry, but there are other flavors such as Blue Power (blueberry and banana), Peach Mango, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry, Red Power (strawberry and raspberry), and Yellow Power (pineapple, mango, sweet potato and carrot).

So what is this product? It is a simple fruit smoothie. The fruit and yogurt are already frozen in the container, you just add your favorite juice (I mix mine with Tropicana Farmstead Pomegranate and Blueberry) and shake it up for about a minute. Easy fruit smoothie to go. The cup even has different fill lines for the juice based on how thick you want your smoothie to be (I also add extra yogurt to thicken mine).

The only thing to be wary of is when mixing the product, if you shake it up and then want to add more juice, there will be smoothie liquid on the lid, and when you go to close it back up and shake, that all flies out (happened to a co-worker of mine). Other than that it is wonderful!

Pressman Splashy The Whale Game
Pressman Splashy The Whale Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Played Right Before a Bath, December 31, 2011
'Splashy' was a gift from me to my two nieces. They are a little younger than the recommended age, but games in our house are played with supervision and help from adults (and, really, this game is about the water!!!). Splashy requires three AA batteries and enough water to fill the base (there is a stopper and an on/off button, though I don't recommend leaving the water in while not in use). There is one only one fishing pole which has a long hook on the end for the players to try and 'fish' out objects that shouldn't be in Splashy's mouth, but watch out, if you hit upward on the tongue, 'Splashy' squirts you with a LONG burst of water. After only one game (and maybe three splashes), my eldest niece had to change shirts as hers was soaked (and so was the floor behind her, her chair, etc). I recommend taking playing space into consideration before purchasing. Also, it can be rather hard for the little ones to see into Splashy's mouth without being right on top of him, putting his/her eyes in the direct line of fire of Splashy's water spray - take special care with glasses, etc. That being said, my nieces had a blast playing, and I had a huge mess to clean up afterward (totally worth it!).

Authenticity: Real Faith in a Phony, Superficial World (Understanding the Books of the Bible)
by Chad Young
42 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The How-To Guide of Authentic Christianity, August 14, 2011
Authenticity: Real Faith in a Phony, Superficial World

Have you ever fallen over the edge of a waterfall? Or perhaps danced with a bear? No? Well, Chad Young, author of "Authenticity: Real Faith in a Phony, Superficial World," has, and not only uses these real life stories for humor, but to pinpoint greater issues in his (and other Christian's) life. The book will take you on a journey, one through Chad's life as he grows in faith, and eventually answers the call to full-time ministry. Perhaps you will find yourself nodding at certain points, seeing yourself in his mistakes. I know I did.

The Introduction of "Authenticity" introduces the six major problems that non-Christians have with Christians. They include being: hypocritical, too focused on getting converts, antihomosexual, sheltered, judgmental, and too political. So if this is what stands between introducing people to the love of Christ, what are we, as Christians, to do about it? Good question. Read the book and find out ;)

If you're looking for a book that will challenge you to move from your comfort zone then you've found it. This book addresses everything. Really. You want to know more about prayer? Read the book. You want to know why it's important to be accoutnable to someone? Read the book. Have a conflict? Read the book. Wondering about God's will for your life? Read the book.

Yes, I think you should read the book! Once you buy the book, I do suggest that you give yourself some time to get through it. My first thought was to treat it like any other book and try and zip through it, but there were things I found that I needed to get on my knees about. It turned out taking me much longer to get through the book than I thought it would (but that turned out to be a good thing). Seriously, read the book. It's engaging, warm and funny. Almost as if the author were reading it to you.

P.S. Read the book!!!!!!

Hasbro Scatterpillar Scramble
Hasbro Scatterpillar Scramble
Offered by ElmRhodes1248
Price: $69.97
28 used & new from $27.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but hard for four-year-olds, December 30, 2010
I've played this game with my four-year-old niece several times now and it is really fun, but it is still a little difficult for her. There are seven spots where you have to place the marbles, and as you get higher, the game gets harder because of the movement. This requires some serious hand-eye cordination that most four-year-olds haven't quite developed. It is also a 2-4 player game which means that the kids have to take turns. My niece is very good at taking turns, but this game can take a LONG time to complete. After having played for 20 minutes or so, she still hadn't managed to get a marble past the fourth slot (and that's when she started to lost interest and patience). That was without there even being four players, so just imagine how long the game can take when there are more people. I finished rather quickly, but she was determined to "win too" so she kept at it (she never did make it to the top until we turned off the caterpillar). Another issue we encountered was falling marbles knock off multiple other marbles on their way down. That was very discouraging for her because the rules say you can't go higher until the bottom slots are filled, so she had to re-do several spots once she started trying for the higher hands. The materials also look very cheap. I'm not sure how long this game will hold out, but with the lower age limit, they probably should have used better materials. There are also small pieces (marbles), so if you have younger children in the house you will need to play this game away from them. Bottom line: it can be a really fun (and funny) game, but if the child you're buying it for isn't a mature four-year-old you should probably hold off buying this for a year or two.

Eternal Kiss of Darkness
Eternal Kiss of Darkness
by Jeaniene Frost
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
168 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Darkness, July 28, 2010
I'm going to start by saying the book really deserves 3.5 stars, however amazon doesn't allow for half stars. There are a lot of things I really liked about the story and some that didn't wow me.

Private Investigator Kira Graceling is walking through a rough neighborhood after a late night stake-out when she hears the sounds of someone in trouble. She thinks about just walking by but knows the police won't arrive in time to save the person's life so she rushes into a condemned warehouse to help. Four thousand year-old co-master vampire Mencheres isn't really in trouble, but he's about to be. When a feud that's lasted for thousands of years spills over into Kira's life, Mencheres feels the need to protect her, but ends up putting her life in jeopardy. Can Mencheres gain the help he needs from his friends to save the love of his life?

Likes:
1. Mencheres is much more than the heartless vampire that was introduced to us in the Cat & Bones storyline. We are given insights into his marriage with Patra, why he killed her lover, and why he's certain he's facing death.

2. The female lead (Kira) isn't a pathetic human who can't fend for herself. She was trained to be a cop and, though that didn't work out, still is able to provide rational solutions in a world she doesn't understand.

3. There are new characters introduced that give us more insight into vampire politics.

4. The villian is a villian for very human reasons. He's jealous, plain and simple. Much better reason than the demon had in First Drop of Crimson.

Dislikes:
1. After having read the first two chapters, I had to check the front cover (which, by the way, is poorly photoshopped) to make sure that it had really been written by Jeaniene Frost and not Stephanie Myers. The whole I-can't-read-your-mind thing is a little overdone. Several other instances in the book made me wonder if Jeaniene had read Twilight series before writing this novel.

2. The research is poorly done. I LOVE the fact that the author wrote in a character with Cystic Fibrosis, but it's obvious that she didn't talk to anyone who actually has the disease (or anyone in CF care). Yes, it's true that caregivers used to have to pound the back of the patients to break up mucus, but nowadays it's done by the Vest Clearance System, the Acapella device, or just by huff-coughing, very rarely is it ever done by hand. Also female CF patients aren't sterile, as she has written it in the book (95% of males are, however). They might miscarry if they are very sick, but they are able to have kids.

3. I love the Cat & Bones stories, but throwing them in this spin-off series just isn't working for me. I can't wait until their next novel arrives because I feel as if they are being short-changed in the Spade/Mencheres stories. In First Drop of Crimson, it seems as though Cat would abandon her best friend, though that's not how she seems to be in her novels. In Eternal Kiss of Darkness, Cat just seems out of place, while Bones just keeps moaning, "No, don't do it (figuratively, of course)."

For me, the likes outweight the dislikes, but I'd like to see more from this series. Hopefully there will be books for both Tepesh and Ian.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2010 5:23 AM PDT

Tru Blood Blood Orange Carbonated Soda Drink 14 oz. (4 pack)
Tru Blood Blood Orange Carbonated Soda Drink 14 oz. (4 pack)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Beverage, July 23, 2010
Tru Blood, IMO, tasted like a mix of fruit punch and orange soda. In fact, I would say if you want to figure out if you like it before you pay $30 for this four-pack mix 3/4 can of orange soda, 1/2 can of Hawaiian punch (regular flavor), and a 20 oz bottle of 7up. (I felt the need to take away a star from the product because it had an abundance of carbonation.) The packaging is nice and would be a good collector's item for any fan of the show.

Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo, Smoothing, 12oz.
Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Shampoo, Smoothing, 12oz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets Rid of Some Waves, July 19, 2010
I have mostly straight hair (a few waves toward the bottom) that gets really wavy when it's humid outside. I started using this shampoo about six months ago and I've found that it gets rid of most of the waves unless they are at the very bottom of my hair. It also keeps my hair from frizzing badly in the heat which is a nice plus. It also has a pleasant smell.

Better Sorry Than Safe
Better Sorry Than Safe
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, July 14, 2010
This review is from: Better Sorry Than Safe (MP3 Music)
Better Sorry Than Safe has quickly become one of my favorite songs. The lyrics are outstanding and the music fits nicely. I heard the first three lines of the song and immediately knew that I had to buy it "I can't even think of one good reason/ why I'm always thinking about leaving/it's not like everything's so horrible."

COVERGIRL LashBlast Fusion Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara Very Black .44 fl oz (13.1 ml)
Offered by Global Media 1
Price: $14.99
8 used & new from $7.61

4.0 out of 5 stars More like 3.5 Stars..., July 14, 2010
I've used CoverGirl LashBlast for the past several years but never felt like I was getting length too. When this Fusion came out I bought some and am pleasantly surprised by the length, but I feel as if they sacrificed the volume that the original had. While this gives me more length, my eyelashes aren't plentiful so I miss the volume that I used to have with LashBlast. I've not made up my mind yet whether I want more volume or more length as to which mascara I buy next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4