Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Learn more
Profile for VinnyC > Reviews

Browse

VinnyC's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

VinnyC "VinnyC" RSS Feed (Plainfield, IL)

Sabrent High Definition 5x1 HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p (ST-HDMI)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $35.00
48 used & new from $22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, December 14, 2014
In the box
The box includes the switch, the remote, an AC adapter and some paperwork. Remember, you'll need another HDMI cable to connect this to your TV or receiver!

Outputs at 1080p
This unit outputs at 1080p, no downscaling! My TV displays the resolution of the source and it shows 1080p for all devices running through this switch. The manual says it is HDMI 1.3b compliant.

Solid and Heavy
The switch feels very solid and is surprisingly heavy, which I think is a good thing. It helps prevent it from sliding around. It would be nice if it had some rubber feet on the bottom though but it unfortunately does not. That's an easy enough thing to fix myself. It's also all metal, no plastic. The unit itself is very compact. I realize it shows the measurements online but I guess I didn't really pay attention until I took it out of the box.

Bright LEDs
The LEDs are very bright and I'll probably be covering them with some electrical tape. The power LED is blue, while the source LEDs are white.

Remote is simple and effective
The remote works well, though I plan on using my harmony remote to control it.

No auto sensing / switching
I tested with a few devices and it did not auto sense and change inputs. This isn't really a big deal for me though. Harmony remote to the rescue!

Currently connected devices
I've got a PS4, PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 all hooked up and working without issue

Chezmoi Collection Micro Suede Patchwork 7-Piece Comforter Set, King, Brown/Burgundy/Black
Price: $80.14
4 used & new from $74.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great set but comforter is short, November 16, 2013
For the price, I feel this is a great set. I love the colors and the quality of the materials is about what I'd expect at this price range. The comforter however is rather short. I have a king size mattress that is 11" deep (rather shallow compared to some). The king size version of this set just barely has enough overhang to reach the bottom of the mattress on both sides. The box spring is completely exposed (well, obviously the skirt hides that but still). This means I have to tuck the sides of my blankets under the mattress so they don't hang below the comforter and look weird. There's a little more overhang at the foot of the bed though which does help. The picture used for the product is likely a king or queen size comforter on a twin bed. I would have given this 4 stars had the comforter been larger.

I also got the matching drape set (MODERN Brown, Burgundy and Black Suede Patchwork Window Curtain / Drape Set B006ESI4JQ and think they look great together. The burgundy color looks identical to me and appear to be made by the same company.

MODERN Brown, Burgundy, and Black Suede Patchwork Window Curtain / Drape Set with Sheer Backing 120-by-84-Inch
Offered by Expertsellers
Price: $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the carpet match the drapes?, November 16, 2013
I got these drapes to match my Chezmoi Collection Micro Suede Patchwork 7 Piece Comforter set (B002C57QGW I think they look great and the colors match the comforter set wonderfully. They aren't see through at all (I went outside at night and checked) and... well I'm not sure what else I can say about drapes. There were a few loose strings but hey, unless you're a snob you'll get over it.

Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sean Schemmel
Price: $24.99
36 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars WTF, October 7, 2013
Seriously Funimation, enough is enough. You've ripped me off too many times by releasing part of a set and then cancelling it mid production. Until the entire series is released, I'm not spending a dime. I purchased the Ultimate Uncut Special Edition (cancelled mid production), I then sold those and bought the orange brick sets (terrible "widescreen" and filtering applied), you stopped selling the dragon box sets (the only ones that are actually decent), I purchased the Level sets (cancelled mid production, these were FANTASTIC), and then there's Kai which would be good, except you switched back to the original Japanese music for the US release near the end of the series which is just awful in my opinion.

Release the rest of the Level sets. Stop doing this. WTF is your problem? I can guarantee that I am your target audience for this product.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 10:06 PM PDT

Aduro U-GRIP PLUS Universal Dashboard Windshield Car Mount for Smart Phones, Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C / 4 / 4S / 3G, Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S4, Galaxy NOTE 2, Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX, HTC EVO 4G, HTC One X, LG Revolution, GPS Holder (Black/Red)
Offered by Entronik
9 used & new from $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a mount that just works!, May 31, 2013
This is the first mount that actually just works! I've got this mounted to my windshield and couldn't be happier. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus fyi.

The suction cup is not only secure, but it's made out of a very sticky rubber so that also helps to keep it in place. And don't worry, it won't leave a sticky residue either. If the stickiness wears off, just rinse it off in water and let it dry... though I'm not sure why you'd be removing it after mounting it. The claws attach to the mount with a ball joint, so you can easily rotate it 360* and angle it to your heart's content. It's a little stiff but that probably helps to make sure it won't move once you've found that perfect spot.

You're supposed to be able to insert and remove your phone one handed, but the spring that makes it clamp the phone in place is pretty stiff. No big deal. And the red rubber grips definitely give it that little bit of extra grab to make sure your phone isn't going anywhere.

Naruto Uncut Box Set: Season 1, Vol. 1
Naruto Uncut Box Set: Season 1, Vol. 1
DVD ~ Various
Price: $14.96
28 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and concise, October 14, 2009
This case is a standard double-wide DVD case. The art is just slipped behind the clear plastic sleeve. No need to worry about scuffing up a sleeve or cardboard fold out packaging. This does not include any booklets, pamphlets, or other paperwork. The only thing inside is the six DVDs. Each one is a different color with a different character on it. This case is a standard six-disc DVD case, each disc is on it's own 'page' that you can flip, similar to the case seen here [...]

Picture and sound quality are nice and clean. This dvd has a 4:3 picture, and you can choose either English or Japanese audio (with subtitles.

I would have given 5 stars if it included more fanboy items, like an artbook or something, but I honestly can't complain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2009 10:00 AM PDT