Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Bremerton, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Flight 232: A Story of Disaster and Survival
Flight 232: A Story of Disaster and Survival
by Laurence Gonzales
Price: $18.03
58 used & new from $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, July 23, 2014
This was an intense, gripping, and at times, gruesome account of this horrific event in 1989. I grew up in Iowa and was in Iowa for a couple of weeks that August, so have always been interested in how the Sioux Land community responded to this crash. This is the first account of the personal stories I have read, and they put me through the emotional wringer. I was glad they were interspersed with the technical explanations, just to get a break from that emotion. I didn't think it made the book at all hard to follow. You will learn more than you ever wanted to know about forensic identification of bodies in a mass casualty and everything you could want to know about airplane engines. You will also come to feel as if you know some of the passengers, crew and responders, which is a credit to the author.

Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort Steam Iron with 300-Hole Stainless Steel Soleplate 1600 Watt, Blue
Price: $40.00
62 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, June 8, 2014
I've had some horrible luck with irons over the past few years, but so far, this one is performing great. It has an auto shut-off feature, and you can also turn it on and off using the dial. It steams nicely, no spitting; steams when it's supposed to, doesn't steam when it's not supposed to. The weight is just right for me, and it's easy to handle. My only tiny complaint is that there's a groove between the soleplate and the body of the iron, and I've snagged the edge of my fabric a few times with it. It doesn't distort or damage the fabric, so really, it's just a minor occasional annoyance. It's doing a good job getting the creases and wrinkles out of new fabric. My previous iron, named after an ocean predator, should have worked like this, but didn't. I'm pleased to have an iron that does the job right.

Shark Rapido Electronic Iron, GI468
Shark Rapido Electronic Iron, GI468
Offered by International Coffee & Books
Price: $42.75
16 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, June 8, 2014
I love my Shark vacuum, so hoped to get a good iron with the same name. Not so. The auto shut-off feature is horrible. It randomly shuts off, even when I'm ironing. There isn't an on/off switch, so it's either plug it in or supposedly move it a little to get it to come on. After about 6 months, it's become so difficult to get it to come back on by moving it, that I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. Sometimes it steams, sometimes it doesn't. I banned this iron to starching duty and have purchased a Rowenta that so far is working perfectly.

Kings Brand Chrome Finish Towel Rack Stand
Kings Brand Chrome Finish Towel Rack Stand
Offered by IceCarrots
Price: $34.38
6 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for a small space, May 17, 2014
I bought this towel stand to use as a quilt rack in a small bedroom. It fits perfectly in the small space I have, and it hold 3 small lap size quilts without any problem. It's very lightweight, and the balance is fine. Very easy to assemble, and it looks stylish.

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Case, Fuchsia (will not fit HDX models)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, May 17, 2014
Finding the on/off button on my Kindle Fire has been an annoyance from day one. It doesn't seem like that should be a big deal, but I absolutely love the automatic on/off function of this cover. The case fits perfectly, looks great, no straps, and is lighter than the previous case I had. I haven't had any trouble with it slipping when it's standing on a smooth surface. I don't know how it would protect the kindle if dropped, but just having the Kindle in a case with some grip means less of chance of dropping it.

Enrico 3100MH3080 Mango Salad Bowl, Honeycomb, Sky Blue
Enrico 3100MH3080 Mango Salad Bowl, Honeycomb, Sky Blue
Price: $45.60
4 used & new from $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bowl, May 17, 2014
I gave this to my daughter, she loves it, I love it. It's not a large family size salad bowl, but perfect for a smaller salad or as a fruit bowl.

Arbalest(R) Hybrid Hard Back Cover Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190/9192/9195 - (Turquoise), with Arbalest Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini & Cleaning Cloth & ScreenGuard Applicator
Offered by Easy Joyance
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Case good, screen protector bad, May 17, 2014
The case fits my phone perfectly and I like the look. The back is clear, so the color on the edge accents the phone color. The buttons are easy to push, and the charger fits with no interference from the case. My only problem is the screen protector. You get two, both with a little adhesive tab saying to peel it off after you apply the film. I was unable to get all the bubbles out. Worse, when I tried to remove the adhesive tab, it wouldn't come off cleanly. It was hard to get any of it off, and it left sticker residue, which I couldn't remove. I tried a product designed for removing sticker residue, and it ruined the edge of the film. Thus 4 stars instead of 5.

Lipton, REFRESH Iced Sweet Tea, 22 Count
Lipton, REFRESH Iced Sweet Tea, 22 Count
Price: $12.39
9 used & new from $12.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Like Celestial Seasonings better, April 5, 2014
It's just OK. There is something different about Celestial Seasonings that I can't describe. It's just better, so won't buy this one again.

A Taste of Tomorrow - The Dystopian Boxed Set (11 Book Collection)
A Taste of Tomorrow - The Dystopian Boxed Set (11 Book Collection)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, April 5, 2014
The first story in the set is "Sand" by Hugh Howey. I expected a better story, having read the "Wool" omnibus. The second story is the first part of "Yesterday's Gone." I had a hard time getting into the story, as the writing was trite and predictable. I finished it, but don't find myself wanting more. There are 3 more parts, $5.99 each for the Kindle, and I probably will not buy them. Haven't read the other stories yet, hoping for better.

Nordic Ware Honeycomb Pull-Apart Dessert Pan
Nordic Ware Honeycomb Pull-Apart Dessert Pan
Price: $19.99
17 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pan, April 5, 2014
I love this pan! It's solid, but not too heavy to easily maneuver. However, the recipe that comes with it makes too much batter for the pan, and it overflowed in the oven. Nice mess to clean up. I'll be using it again, just with less batter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3