Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for Dave Bode > Reviews

Browse

Dave Bode's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dave Bode RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
pangshi® 11 inch Heavy Duty PRO LED Video Light Magic Arm, with Variable Friction Adjustable Arm and Hot-Shoe Mount
Offered by pangshionline
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest, February 3, 2015
So far so good. I own 3 other friction arms. Two from CPM film tools and one from Kamerar. This Pangshi has a finely toothed rosette which makes it rock solid compared to those other arms. This appears to be superior to other arms on the market at a much better price.

Justified Season 2
Justified Season 2
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great show., April 28, 2013
Like any series there are highs and lows. This is a series that consistently performs at the upper end of that spectrum. Interesting characters, great southern dialog, and well produced.

I work in video production. The green screened car interior dialog stuff drives me nuts but everything else is lit very nicely. I remember seeing one shot in all four seasons that had been corrected because of clipped highlights.

Plus Raylan's ex-wife is a stone-cold stunner.

Avenger E390 Yoke to Stand Adapter TVMP
Avenger E390 Yoke to Stand Adapter TVMP
Price: $16.99
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Made to last, February 10, 2013
This is a well made product that is built to last. Feels weighty and the threads are smooth. Worked great for me attaching to a ETC Source Four 750.

FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard Touchpad with Laser Pointer (Black)
FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard Touchpad with Laser Pointer (Black)
Price: $22.99
10 used & new from $16.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 8 months, November 25, 2012
I really liked this little keyboard and it worked very well for a while. The range isn't anywhere close to what they advertise, I would say it's more like 12-15'. Battery lasted for a long time on a charge. I can't say how long, because it lasted weeks on a charge using it for a few hours every night.

About 8 months after I bought the keyboard, it started having problems. The range seemed to diminish and I would occasionally have to unplug the receiver and plug it back in as it would randomly stop working. This behavior increased over the next 2 months until it finally just quit. I gave up on trying to fix the problem for a few weeks and then decided to see if I could find out the issue. I did some searching and found that other customers have experienced something similar. I went back and re-read the manual to see if there was any trick re-sync the keyboard to the receiver. I came a cross a partial sentence describing how to change the channel of the transmitter. This seemed to have no affect. One of the times I tried to change the channel 2 of the lights stayed lit as if some process had locked up. I powered the keyboard off and turned it back on... AND THEN IT WORKED!

It worked for 5 seconds and then quit working. It took me several minutes to replicate the stuck light behavior and it again worked for a few seconds. It seemed to work for as long as I was moving the mouse cursor with the track pad. As soon as it stopped or I took my finger off, it quit.

Even know I really like the idea of this product, its reliability is poor. I don't like the idea of disposable electronics. I would have happily paid 3x as much for one that lasted a few years. Problem is, if they made them well enough to last for a few years, it would probably last just about forever.... or until it had a mechanical failure. Because of this, I will not be buying any more FAVI products or anything that looks like it (as it is probably a re-branded product).

Brooks Men's Cascadia 6 Running Shoe,Energy/Bright Navy/Silver/Black/Pavement,10.5 D(M) US

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a runner, July 4, 2011
As Strong Bad once said, "Everyone is different, no two people are the same."

And so it is with shoes. For me these trail runners are everyday shoes. I needed comfortable shoes to help with my pronation and I was tired of buying garbage shoes. I am a fairly thrifty person and if I didn't have a fifty dollar Amazon gift card I don't know if I would have bought these. I did and I like them.

They are cushy where it counts and the tread works for me. I broke my ankle 2 years ago and it still gives me problems. I wanted a shoe with good tread and nice stability and that is what I got.

The look is nice too. Gray sneakers look better for longer, just like silver cars. They just don't look as dirty as other colors.

If there was one bad thing it is my socks. That sounds odd but stay with me. I wear performance moisture wicking low cut socks and for some reason the Cascadia works the heal of the shoe down as I walk so it comes just below the back of the shoe, which is super annoying. I have to wrench the back of the sock back up 2 or 3 times before it sticks.

I have never experienced this with any other shoe, but because I like the Brooks I will find different socks to wear.

Mini Adjustable Tripod+camera Holder for Iphone and Other Cellphone
Mini Adjustable Tripod+camera Holder for Iphone and Other Cellphone
Offered by Nicedeal01
Price: $4.99
65 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with a case!, July 4, 2011
This product works really well. The tripod is pretty crappy but you aren't buying this for the tripod, you are buying this because it will fit your fat phone in a case.

For me that is the iPhone 4 with a Speck case. Most of the iPhone holders wont hold the iPhone with a case, which is a waste because everyone has a case on their phone. The iPhone 4 with the case fits very, very snugly. As in 1-2mm thicker and it probably wouldn't fit. This works pretty well as it creates a very tight and secure fit.

It only really goes in one way, and that is with the home button to the left. Other wise the volume buttons get pressed and that craps everything up.

The tripod and ball head it comes with are not really that awesome but it is mostly the tripod's fault. The legs on the tripod don't open up enough to make it super stable. It wont fall over on a table made of stone, but if it gets bumped it will topple over. If you are a bit crafty you can unscrew the phillips head screw on between the legs and add a washer between where leg bracket and the ball mount. This will allow the legs to sit down a bit more allowing them to open up a bit more making the tripod a little more stable.

Even know it helps the legs spread out more, you wont be able to orient like they show in the photo with the iPhone on the side. The iPhone is to heavy and it will just tip over.

This unit also helps as a stabilizer. Just holding the legs in the closed position make it more stable to move about.

Pedco CellPod Adapter Secures Smartphones to Tripod or Photo Mount
Pedco CellPod Adapter Secures Smartphones to Tripod or Photo Mount
Price: $12.97
12 used & new from $8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really work with a case, July 4, 2011
This product seems pretty cool and actually works reasonably well if you don't have a case. But here is the thing, everyone has a case. Taking your phone out of its case constantly will do two things.

1. It will ruin your case by stretching it out.

2. It will ruin the silent toggle switch because it gets mashed all of the time.

There it is.

If you are a little bit crafty and don't mind fixing a product that wasn't super well thought out, you can pop down to the hardware store and find some larger rubber washers to fit and thus securely hold the phone. If you are not crafty... don't buy this. I also purchased another iphone holder at the same time as this because I wasn't convinced that either products would hold the phone well, and as it turns out, the other unit I bought works better. That would be this one: [...]

It holds the phone well and it comes with a tripod. The tripod is not good at all, but it is better than nothing.

Giottos MH621 Quick Release Adapter with Short Sliding Plate camera mount
Giottos MH621 Quick Release Adapter with Short Sliding Plate camera mount
Offered by VIDEO CAMERA CENTER
Price: $38.50
5 used & new from $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, June 20, 2011
I bought 2 of these and I would will be getting more.

I use this on my 7D to go from my camera cage and rails to my Glidecam HD-2000. It slides in easy and locks down tight. The lever on the locking screw can be pulled out and repositioned.

My only complaint is that the bottom of the receiving plate doesn't have enough grip when screwing it down to something. Unless you sink 2 screws into the unit you are mounting to, it can twist. I had to put little strips of rubber under the receiving plate to prevent it from slipping, and that had worked out great.

I think this is a great alternative to the Manfrotto plate systems as it is just as strong and a good bit cheaper.

Neewer Battery Grip Replacement for BG-E7 Compatible with Canon EOS 7D SLR Cameras and LP-E6 Batteries
Offered by iTekLife
Price: $32.99
2 used & new from $32.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for photos not video, June 20, 2011
This unit is would seem to work well for photos. It has a rubberized grip (which other 7D battery grips have), works with just one battery, and the buttons worked as expected.

The AA battery tray has some design issues. It doesn't go in super easily and taking it out requires you to press both release tabs at the same time to get the battery to start to come out. You have to press them again about half way because the tabs catch on the side of the battery compartment.

For video, it has some problems. The main one is that the 1/4-20 mount on the bottom of the battery grip is not in line with the lens. This looks like an oversight in the design. If you are putting on rails or anything else that it needs to be aligned for, forget it.

The unit also makes the camera a bit flexy. Not like it shakes or anything, but the grip appears to be made mostly out of plastic and once I had it on my tripod plate in my camera cage it would flex just a bit.

For hand holding photos and occasional tripod use, this would be great.

CowboyStudio Premium AC Socket & Cord Set with Umbrella Holder and Light Stand Mount
Price: $18.17
3 used & new from $4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good value, June 20, 2011
These units are light weight and pretty sturdy. I use them with a 85w CFL and an umbrella and it seems to have no problem holding that. The power wire that holds them is pretty light weight and flimsy, but it seems to work ok.

These units have a ceramic socket and that helps to make it a reasonable strong socket for large lamps.

Page: 1 | 2