Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Beauty Videos Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Sam > Reviews

Sam's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sam RSS Feed

ASUS S400CA-DH51 14-Inch TouchScreen Laptop
ASUS S400CA-DH51 14-Inch TouchScreen Laptop
Offered by E Trust
Price: $698.00
16 used & new from $350.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop at a great price!, December 2, 2012
I am going to keep this short and sweet because most others have covered it, but I am recently converted from a Macbook, so that is my point of reference!

This laptop doesn't look one bit like a cheap laptop. It has a solid feel and the materials used are also very good looking. The touchscreen works great, and I have used an iPad numerous times and this is seems just as sensitive/responsive. One big problem I keep having is the touch-pad allows you to zoom in or out on webpages with two fingers, but it is a very similar movement to scrolling through a page. It has become very frustrating when I am trying to scroll down or up a page and it just re-sizes and I have to somehow get it back to the original zoom (you would think that because accidentally re sizing it happens easily, getting it to back would be equally simple--but I haven't found that to be the case.) Also, I have found it difficult to always click the correct side of the mouse-pad (right vs left click) but I suspect that is due to having a Macbook with no right click key for years. Outside of the track pad I have had no real issues. The first time I turned the computer on after it was sleeping the internet was VERY slow, however by disconnecting and reconnecting to the network it has since run flawlessly.

Windows 8 is the only real issue I have had, but that is an OS problem and not the physical laptop. However, I think that with time I will grow to be proficient and enjoy it, but as of now it is a big pain in the behind!

Overall as a Apple Macbook Convert I have found this to be aesthetically pleasing, good quality, and a solid laptop that has a great touchscreen at a great value and I would recommend it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 8:32 PM PST