Profile for eli > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

eli RSS Feed (boston, ma)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
RECARO Performance SPORT Combination Harness to Booster, Rose
RECARO Performance SPORT Combination Harness to Booster, Rose
Price: $215.99
8 used & new from $176.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The only option for a convertible, September 9, 2014
We recently bought a convertible car that does not have a rear top tether position (way to go Volvo!?) due to the design of the roof/trunk. So I needed a seat that 5 point harnessed my 5yo that didn't require a top tether when installed using the seatbelt. I also needed it to actually fit in the very limited bucket "backseat" of this car. I went and looked at ALL of the carseats and how they install. We have previously had Radians and Britaxes so I was familiar with the drill. The problem I kept seeing was that the installs all had the shoulder belt and lap belt routed through one narrow channel at the base of the seat. So even though a manufacturer might not "require" a top tether be used the seat's backs were not secure and the seats would flip forward with force no matter how tight the beltpath installation was because the install point was so low.

Enter the Recaro.

The install method is completely different than other seats. The lap and shoulder belt buckle behind the cushion of the seat just as they would on a human, with the shoulder belt running from the top left down to meet the lapbelt and buckle. So the seat is very secure from top to bottom. Rock solid. And since the profile of the back is curved to match a bucket seat I feel my son could not be safer. This is not a particularly comfortable seat since the tautness of the lapbelt creates a gap over the curve in the seat so my son can feel that belt behind his lower back. We put some cushioning behind there to fill the void but also just live with this defect since this is not our primary car and safety is more important.

ETA: Recaro JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THIS SEAT MUST TOP TETHER regardless of install method. Due to testing result showing too much head excursion when installed with LATCH and no top tether. (EXACTLY! What I was talking about with a single low point of attachment and no top tether). Since this is a heavy forward-facing only seat I am not sure why it was even tested using LATCH with a 6yo dummy since a 6yo + the weight of this seat will exceed LATCH limits on every car and should never be used in this manner. I am very confident in the head excursion limits with my bucketseat/seatbelt install and will not be retiring this seat despite my lack of a top tether.

Presto 04213 Electronic Digital Timer
Presto 04213 Electronic Digital Timer
Price: $8.99
12 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Time, September 4, 2014
We have blown through 3 of these in the last 3 years. They just die for done reason, however I keep buying them because they are simple to use around my house for " iPad time", 2 minutes toothbrushing, whenever I need a kid-timer. Kid can now set it himself so the simplicity has paid off.

Waring Pro Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer System WPVS2000SA
Waring Pro Pistol Vac Professional Vacuum Sealer System WPVS2000SA
Offered by CHEF JEAN-PIERRE'S
Price: $69.95
3 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, small, vacuum gun., September 4, 2014
Have used this as necessary for jars and bags for 6 months and not needed to charge it yet. Love it. I have found many uses for it I did not suspect.

Evenflo Amp Performance No Back Booster Car Seat, Blue
Evenflo Amp Performance No Back Booster Car Seat, Blue
Price: $27.99
12 used & new from $26.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Big, clunky, slippery, September 4, 2014
This is wide,clunky and has no LATCH to keep it from sliding around the car's seat when it is unoccupied. Also the bottom is slick which doesn't help. I use it as a back-up for car pooling but have moved on to a Graco high-back that is actually narrower as my main 2nd seat (installed seat is Britax Pioneer for primary use).

Powerstep® Pinnacle Maxx Orthotic Supports - Size PM-F
Powerstep® Pinnacle Maxx Orthotic Supports - Size PM-F
Offered by Prime Shopping Store
Price: $26.00
34 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for the $, September 4, 2014
Work better than my unreimbursed $400 custom orthotics.

GOgroove BlueGate Bluetooth Wireless Receiver for Home Stereos , Portable Speakers , Headphones and Car Music Sound Systems - Works with Apple , Samsung , HTC , LG , Sony and More Smartphones , Tablets , and MP3 Players
Offered by BuySPRY
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Ok, September 4, 2014
I don't love it. I have to recharge more often than I think I should. I have to hold the button down way to long waiting for it to turn on but a second too long and it's in "pairing" mode. Inconvenient.

TP-LINK TL-WPA4220KIT ADVANCED 300Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender, Repeater, AV500 Powerline Edition, Wi-Fi Clone Button, 2 LAN Ports
Price: Click here to see our price
78 used & new from $40.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked out of the box, September 4, 2014
Needed to extend my WIFI to my back yard. This worked great out of the box but now for some reason I need to open the garage door to "let the wifi out" (lol) to use it in the yard. Maybe some interference on the circuit, I need to investigate.

McGlaughlin Oil PETROL-GEL 4 Oz. Lubricant Tube - 1 / TB
McGlaughlin Oil PETROL-GEL 4 Oz. Lubricant Tube - 1 / TB
Offered by evVive Home
Price: $5.60
14 used & new from $1.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Was sent opened, squeezed, used tube., September 4, 2014
Gross, who doesn't notice that you are packing up a greasy used tube of lube to send out. It was dirty, squeezed and the seal had been pierced.

Women's Padded Classic Bike Shorts Black XX-Large
Women's Padded Classic Bike Shorts Black XX-Large
Offered by Aero Tech Designs Inc
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Padding too far in the rear, September 4, 2014
These fit fine but the padding is too far back. The men's aerogel short I also bought fits tighter and is scratchier fabric but the pad aligns better with where I need it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and smells fine, June 8, 2013
I did not buy this from this seller but WFM. It smells fine, like citronella, a few drops with some water in a small spray bottle has worked great for my humid/buggy life as insect repellant. I like that I can control the concentration of the spray and have no fear about spraying my family's skin directly.

Keep in mind that other "lemon eucalyptus" oils may only be lemon oil + eucalyptus oil which is totally different than oil of "lemon eucalyptus" which is a plant in and of itself. These other products will ot have the insect repellant properties.

I trust Aura Cacia products and have had very good luck with all of those I have used.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4