Profile for S. I. Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. I. Smith RSS Feed (Shipman, VA USA)

Bab'aziz: The Prince Who Contemplated His Soul
Bab'aziz: The Prince Who Contemplated His Soul
DVD ~ Golshifteh Farahani
Price: $24.99
9 used & new from $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Tour de Force, September 8, 2013
Not only is this film beautifully photographed but it is a great sufi teaching tale filled with mystical characters and events. It quickly engages the heart and mind in a lovely unfolding of life's beginnings and endings. A must see.

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
by Neil Gaiman
Price: $12.87
128 used & new from $0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Pratchett Spins with Gaiman, May 12, 2013
Terry Pratchett is just about my favorite author. I'm not familiar with Neil Gaiman. They make a wonderful team. Terry is a brilliant satirist and his characters invariably involve other realities and species. Yes it is another book about the struggle between good and evil yet in this version you get to poke fun at all of it. Full of surprising twists, in typical Pratchett form, he will keep you reading way past your bedtime.

EMU Australia Women's Talinga Slipper,Chestnut,8 M US
EMU Australia Women's Talinga Slipper,Chestnut,8 M US
Offered by OnlineShoes
Price: $78.95
3 used & new from $78.95

3.0 out of 5 stars clop clop, November 27, 2012
While beautifully made, who wants a noisy slipper? This style would be perfect with a suede outer sole. This shoe is for someone who needs slip-on outside shoes and a pair of quiet slippers for inside the house.

Redemption in Indigo: a novel
Redemption in Indigo: a novel
by Karen Lord
Price: $13.37
62 used & new from $0.45

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good to be good, November 27, 2012
This is a lovely read. Magical realism may be my favorite modality. I like to read books with heroines who have compassion for the other characters. This book has a bit of Beauty and the Beast although it's perspective is definitely from a higher plane. And it has a powerful connection to Africa. What more can you want?

Gift of the Jaguar
Gift of the Jaguar
by John Franklin
Price: $15.35
51 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Kind of Book, October 27, 2009
This review is from: Gift of the Jaguar (Paperback)
Throughout my life I have sought and rarely found books which took my attention to aspects of life that were ever-present yet magical. Books that brought me into awareness of things that made life more precious and compelled me to stay present and attentive were not only rare but usually not very well written. John and Sharon have written a story that fulfilled these requirements and then some.
The characters were beautifully created and the journey taken one which we all must relate to.
I found the book gave me a personal experience that I was hungry for and that I loved. It was very hard to put down. Of special interest to me was the extraordinary description of healing which could easily be seen as a description of Zero Balancing which is something I study, practice and teach. But most important is that I was able to take an incredible journey vicariously and learn something new at the same time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2009 9:53 PM PDT

Stealing Benefacio's Roses
Stealing Benefacio's Roses
by Martín Prechtel
Price: $16.05
45 used & new from $7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Metaphor For Our Time, February 24, 2008
Martin Prechtel is perhaps the most capable of sacred story telling of today's authors. His respect for the power of language is immense and this book where he is retelling an ancient Mayan myth as it parallels his own experience is stunning in its capacity to illuminate todays world in all its contrasts. It is the third in an autobiographical trilogy. However, if you have not yet read the first two, don't worry, it stands completely on its own. This book was previously released under the title "The Toe Bone and the Tooth".