Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for CorpsePenis > Reviews

Browse

CorpsePenis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 115

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CorpsePenis RSS Feed (North NJ USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Elkay Plastics SS0305 mil StratoGrey Static Shielding Bag, 3" x 5", Grey (Case of 1000)
Price: $21.01
3 used & new from $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value (1000 count), but not perfect for my uses., February 22, 2016
These bags run a little small in size. I usually buy this size to put 2.5" laptop-sized hard-drives into. This brand was a fantastic value for the amount of bags you receive, but the size is a bit small - you really have to press the drives into them and try to work the bag over any bumps the drive might have. In some cases, the bags would rip. Also to note, these are a rather thin film - other ones I would order would be a little thicker, I'm guessing these are 1 mil. These would be fantastic for any real small devices (like let's say laptop sized wifi cards, SODIMM RAM, etc and it would probably be fine with the new thinner styles 2.5" drives).

Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 lens for Pentax DSLR Cameras
Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 lens for Pentax DSLR Cameras
Price: $116.82
23 used & new from $102.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed! The price is just a bonus., February 22, 2016
So after wanting a fast prime lens for a while, I finally plunged on this from Amazon's WarehouseDeals when I needed to start taking better photos for my eBay store. I use this with my K-S2 and it works fantastic. I was a little hesitant as I wanted to keep all of my lenses weather-sealed, but I decided to settle. I was not disappointed at all. Build-quality is about what I was expecting, a plastic housing, but with solid feel. As with many AF-capable Pentax lenses, the focusing is a bit loud - but not a deal breaker. Using this lens at it's extremes is certainly not for everything due to such a narrow focus-point and a common side-effect of vertical chromatic aberration, but moving it up a couple of stops is fantastic. I frequently take photos when out hiking and I used this lens for the first time for that over the past weekend. I took my other lenses too, but I found that I enjoyed shooting with this so much that I didn't even consider swapping it out. Both indoors for my product photos and outdoors, I'm able to capture fantastic and predictable shots, unlike with other lenses. Also, using a prime lens really forces you to be more creative with your shots. So far I've taken some of my favorite shots with this with f2.8 - f3.5. The only downside is that now I'm considering picking up some other similar lenses because I'm enjoying this so much. I have attached a few of my photos (which are basically straight out of the camera, no processing).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Neewer® 30"/76cm Photography Shooting Tent Kit, Including (2) 30 Watt 5000K Light Bulbs,(2) Studio Lights (1) 30"/76cm Studio Light Tent with (4) Backgrounds - Black/White/Dark Blue/Red
Offered by iTekLife
Price: $39.99
19 used & new from $25.84

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is a great value and works surprisingly well (just take the time to set up right)., February 18, 2016
Allow me to say, I was skeptical at first. I purchased mine from Amazon's Warehouse deals, and everything was basically new - didn't even look touched, but when I unfolded everything and put it together for the first time, I was just a little underwhelmed with the over-all package. The stands and everything looked good, and all was in good shape, but the wrinkles of the unit itself and the backdrops made me a little worrisome, also one of the bulbs was kind of defective (it didn't get as bright and flickered almost like a strobe light [contacted Amazon and was able to get a partial refund due to the faulty bulb so I could order a replacement, thank you Amazon!]). Anyway - the first shots I took using it left me a little disappointed, but I will admit, I didn't take the time to really set everything properly (particularly my camera and lighting positions).

I ended up giving it another chance and the time to really dial it in. With just the two lamps alone and my Pentax K-S2 (with 50mm f1.8 prime lens), I was able to get shots that I'm VERY happy with. I am attaching some of the shots I took with this - these shots are straight out of the camera, with no post-processing (just re-size and export). Being able to have usable photos right out of the camera is fantastic. Taking this series of shots totally changed my mind about this kit. For under $40, I was able to get these results and for that, I'm thrilled.

In other regards, everything is easy to set up. The unit itself folds/unfolds rather easily (just takes a minute to learn how to fold it back up properly, but once you figure it out, you're good). The carry bag, although very light-weight, works well and fits good. I do not know how long the thing will last as is, but for the price, it's hard to beat for a complete package. I may end up sewing the Velcro tabs on a little better as I can see with repeated use them maybe coming loose and falling off. Are there better solutions out there? Probably - actually, definitely... BUT, not for under $50 for a complete 30" with two decent lights, and 4 backdrops. Heck, even if you only get 6 months out of it, for the price you can buy a whole kit again or have one kit for everywhere you might need one. Check out my photos that are straight out of the camera, after actually taking the time to set it up properly.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2016 12:43 PM PST

Dorman 520-866 Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly
Dorman 520-866 Control Arm and Ball Joint Assembly
Price: $56.24
51 used & new from $50.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct fit on Mazda 07-09 Mazda 3. Great value., December 2, 2015
Great! Installed this on my 2007 Mazda 3 S 2.3L. The larger rear sealed bushing of the control arm on my car blew out and shot its oil all over. It also made the car ride kind of poopy. This part was sold at a fantastic price and works great. This is a particularly good deal since it includes not only the two bushing (and the rear one being a pressed on self-lubricating sealed type), but it also has the ball joint. Oh, and the price cannot be beat. So although my ball-joint wasn't shot - it was still nice to get a new one on there while doing the job since I really do not want to have to tear this apart again any time soon!

Keep in mind, you will need a ball-joint separator - and some elbow grease. Oh, and some actual real grease.

Good Cook Classic Safe Cut Can Opener
Good Cook Classic Safe Cut Can Opener
Price: $7.19
27 used & new from $7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars It opens cans. Really well. (and quite safely), December 2, 2015
This is one of those things that after using it just once, makes you go: "Why the f*** didn't I get one of these sooner?!", and you're just about to whack yourself over the head with a wooden spoon for feeling like an idiot. So yes, this thing works great, it's priced nice, it's easy to use. You literally just put the thing on the edge of the can and start turning, it kind of latches onto the can by itself and it cuts right through!

I will say though, it makes it a bit difficult to strain the water out of certain cans now, since the jagged piece of razor-metal that traditional can-openers leave doesn't fall and fit down into the can. For example, I used to always use the cut-out portion on a tuna can to press and drain the water from the can (as this opener cuts from the outer edge as opposed to inside the rim). So, I cannot really do that now with this can-opener, but I think I'll live and deal with the compromise.

Kingston Value RAM 4GB 1333MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SODIMM SR X8 Notebook Memory (KVR13S9S8/4)
Offered by Dataram
Price: $18.99
160 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great "Value". Kingston does a good deed with this., December 2, 2015
Works great. I have purchased a few of these now to upgrade clients laptops. The price is killer and so far compatibility has been perfect with a variety of different systems. I can't ask for much more than that! Clients appreciate being able to upgrade for very little cost. Thanks Kingston!

Semlos Dual 2.5"/3.5"inch IDE Sata HDD External Hard Drive Disk All in 1 Clone Dock Docking Station,ssd for Windows 10
Offered by Semlos Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars They're useful - they're junk... but they also support S.M.A.R.T., December 2, 2015
It's such a love/hate with this thing. One one hand, the price is great for all the functionality that this device offers. Quality control is spotty, and sometimes you'll get ones with a nice, confident feeling power switch, and others with one that feels like it will fail shortly. The plastic is very cheap feeling, as well, it is... On the other hand, it's super convenient having SATA, IDE, and a plethora of card ports on one device. My problem is, even with very little use, the SATA portion of my latest purchase of this device failed. It can no longer read/write SATA drives. IDE still works, as does the card readers and USB ports. I've had a few of these now... First one came shipped to me with one of the vertical supports snapped (not surprising, as again - it's made of cheap, brittle plastic). I had another just did not work... and my latest one worked well for a few months until the SATA portion died (as mentioned before). Part of the love/hate with this thing is that THIS CHEAP POS actually can read S.M.A.R.T. data. Yeah, the SATA controller actually supports this. I need a dock with S.M.A.R.T. since I'm frequently working with drives. I bought a much nicer dual SATA dock, made of aluminum, that blows this Semlos (and every clone/rebrand of it) out in every-single-way EXCEPT in that the darn thing doesn't read S.M.A.R.T. Which leaves me in the position of wanting to get another one of these cheap, failure prone, and likely broken out of the box, multi-purpose docks. Sigh.

100 Pcs 6" x 3.5" ESD Motherboard Anti Static Shielding Bags Holder
100 Pcs 6" x 3.5" ESD Motherboard Anti Static Shielding Bags Holder
Offered by uxcell
Price: $10.72
3 used & new from $10.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bags, fit 2.5" HDDs and SSDs perfectly., December 2, 2015
These are great. They fit 2.5" laptop/notebook sized hard-drives and SSDs perfectly. There's really not much to say about them other than that. I mean, they're plastic bags after-all. I s'pose I could say that they've all been consistent, no bad bags. None tore, ripped, etc. All good! I've purchased the 100 count twice now.

Corsair Vengeance LP 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Corsair Vengeance LP 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Price: $19.99
41 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars They used to be great - possibly something different with recent revision., December 2, 2015
I have 3 sticks of these already in my digital audio workstation, and I wanted to add one more so I went to Amazon and purchased a 4th stick. Upon receiving and installing, the system would not boot. It would not boot at all with this new stick, neither with the others, or by itself. I tried it in all the DIMM slots and it made no difference. So I promptly sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. Second stick, exhibits the exact same problem. I decided to try the stick in another system, and it worked fine. However, in the system I actually wanted it for, it just will not boot. Again, this is the exact same model as the sticks I already have in the system. Corsair must have changed something - maybe chip supplier or something from the time my other three sticks are from to these new batches. I was not about to pull the heat-spreader off to verify. PCB color is the same, and everything else from the exterior is identical - but who knows. All I know is that I had two sticks from this that just WILL NOT boot in a system that I have 3 of these sticks in already. Funny enough, an entirely different model by G-Skill works with the other 3 Vengeance LP no problem (just irks me that it looks different).

In summary - the three other sticks I have are great - they RAM just fine! These two new sticks I purchased just did not. There must be some kind of finicky incompatibility with the motherboard I was using due to some sort of revision change that Corsair must have done. Amazon is easy to deal with, and in most cases this RAM should work dandy. I'd feel confident buying it from Amazon - but considering this little compatibility issue or perhaps quality control snafu, I'd hesitate buying from somewhere with an annoying returns system.

Monarch 925072 Pricemarker, Model 1131, 1 Line, 8 Characters/Line, 7/16 x 7/8 Inches, Label Size
85 used & new from $48.88

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good price gun, October 25, 2015
It's a good price gun, but it drives us nuts that it's seemingly designed for a left-handed operator. Yes, it can be operated with either hand, but the knob to adjust the numbers/digits/etc is on the right hand side, so you must hold the gun with the left hand and operate the knob with the right hand. Unfortunately for us, we're all right handed, so we find ourselves having to switch a lot more than we used to with the SATO price-gun we used to use.

I will say though, it's a nice labeler, and it holds BIG rolls of label. It's a little confusing at first to reload it, but once you understand how it goes, you should be good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12