Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Kyle > Reviews

Kyle's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kyle RSS Feed

New OEM Universal microUSB Travel Charger for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 - Non Retail Packaging
Offered by Mazel Wireless
Price: $2.69
12 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 for 2, August 11, 2015
I recently purchased two of these chargers. Physically, they appear to be genuine Samsung chargers, as advertised. The cable is very long, which is extremely handy for various reasons. It charges phones quickly, as it should. I was initially very happy with my purchase.

Unfortunately, one of these chargers stopped working after less than one month of very light use (less than ten times used). It now requires the user to press and hold the charger into the device to charge it, making it virtually unusable. It has hardly been touched, and definitely has not been physically damaged in any way. The other one I ordered seems to work just fine, thankfully. I'll be contacting the seller to see what can be done for me, as this appears to be a defective product. I'd like either a refund or a replacement. We shall see what happens. I'll update this if I remember to do so.

Update - With Amazon's help, I was able to get in touch with the seller. They sent me a new one, and told me I could throw the defective charger away. The new one works fine. I am now pleased, and my phone is charged wherever I go!

Samsung i515 Galaxy Nexus Protective Case-Black
Samsung i515 Galaxy Nexus Protective Case-Black
Offered by cellular connection
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit, June 2, 2013
The case does not fit my Galaxy Nexus and is totally useless. I can get one side to snap on, but not the other. It seems to be just a tiny bit too small, perhaps. It's too bad, because it feels and looks like a nice case.

Canon Remote Shutter Release for Canon Rebel
Canon Remote Shutter Release for Canon Rebel

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little device, May 2, 2012
I needed a shutter remote so I could take long night exposures with my Canon T2i in bulb mode. I ordered this on Sunday, April 29, and received in on Wednesday, May 2. It came with my regular mail, in a bubble wrap envelope. The box doesn't have a brand name on it, but on the remote itself is says "Progo(tm)". Though very similar, it's obviously not the same exact remote I see in the photo here on Amazon. However, I'd imagine it works just as well. The actual remote is very light and plasticy. There is a little texture on the front and back for grip, otherwise it's very smooth. I measured the cord at 35.5 inches long (just about 3 feet) and the remote on the end adds another three inches, making for a total of 38.5 inches long. This should be all I ever need. NO BATTERIES REQUIRED. As I press the button down, I can just barely feel it click as it reaches the halfway point, which of course focuses the camera (if auto-focus is enabled). I press it down all the way, and it takes the photo. Simple as that... I've tried one photo using bulb mode on my camera. I pressed the button down all the way, then locked it into place by sliding it up. I took a nice 40-second exposure in my room with zero camera shake! I tried playing around with the remote while the button was locked into place, flicking it and lightly hitting it, and the button didn't come out of the locked position. It's nice and tight, so I don't have to worry about it sliding out during a long night exposure.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this product. I can't wait to use it with my camera mounted on a tripod :) If you want to see it in use, there is actually a video on Youtube featuring the same exact remote I got. Make sure you type in the brand name I mentioned and look for the title "Remote Camera Shutter Release Unboxing and Review" by dorrmann.

A little reminder for those who also plan on using this device for long exposures: Remember to turn Image Stabilization OFF when using your camera on a tripod.

(I will update this later if I run into problems with this product)

Canon PowerShot SX150 IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide-Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL)
Offered by DBG Trade
Price: $169.99
49 used & new from $54.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated!, March 8, 2012
I purchased this camera in October of 2011 after my old point-and-shoot finally kicked the bucket. I needed something that was a step up from a P&S, but not too big. I chose this, and I'm glad I did. I love this camera. I've taken over 1000 photos and 25 videos so far, and I haven't encountered any serious issues yet.

Overall, the camera body feels nice. It's a little larger than the smaller point-and-shoot cameras, so it wont really fit well in your pocket like other little point-and-shoots (fits in coat pockets though). It's also a little heavy, but I actually like that because it feels like I'm holding a real camera. I'm a 5'11" slim male, and this fits perfectly in my right hand. It's not rubberized at all, but there are grooves on the front and back of the camera that allow for a nice firm grip, and it comes with a little cord to go around your wrist. I'm not worried about dropping this thing at all. The buttons are large and easy to press. Also, Canon seems to be known for user-friendly menus within the camera. It took me 2 seconds to figure out this menu system.

These claims of 20 or 30 photos on a new pair of batteries is ridiculous! Don't bother using the cheapo alkaline batteries that come with it, just save them for your TV remote or something. When I bought this camera, I bought two pairs of rechargeable Energizers to go with it. I don't use those batteries for anything but this camera, and I always stick them in the charger when I get home after using the camera, so I have two fresh pairs when I leave the house the next day. Like I said, I've taken a bunch of photos with this, and I've only had to change out the batteries a few times along the way. I haven't actually kept track to see exactly how many photos I can take on one set of batteries, so don't ask me for a specific number. I just know one day I took 50 photos and 20 minutes of video without killing the batteries. Another day, I took 70 photos where each photo was a 15 second exposure on a 2-second timer, so it probably took a little more juice for each photo than a regular snapshot. The camera was also on for at least two hours straight that day, and the batteries didn't actually die... The days where the batteries do die is when I'm out with my friends taking many photos, lengthy videos, constantly browsing through menus to adjust settings, etc... Really though, I don't have a problem with battery life. Note: Right when I got this camera, I adjusted any power saving options I could find so that I could make my batteries last as long as possible. Turning down the LCD brightness and whatnot is something I do with all of my electronics. I suggest you do the same.

The video mode is nice. It records 1280x720, very nice quality video. The sound is OK. You can zoom in and out while recording, though you can hear the motor moving a little bit. The only time you wont hear it is when taking video where there is loud music or other noise. It also zooms in and out fairly slowly. This may be a problem if you plan on using this mainly for video. If that's your plan, go get yourself an actual camcorder. Your son's baseball game really deserves better than this. I use this video mode for little moments with friends that I want to upload to Facebook/Youtube, and maybe just the grand finale of a fireworks show (but certainly not the whole show).

The colors and sharpness are great. It focuses well and generally chooses the correct settings. It also offers various manual controls, which are pretty easy to use. I'm able to play around with shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, and several creative filters. Though I shot in auto mode all the time when I first got this camera, I usually find myself flipping it into manual mode quite often these days. Occasionally, the automatic settings actually chose better settings than I do, but there are other times where the camera just isn't seeing exactly what I'm seeing, and these manual controls allow me to fix this and capture exactly what it is that my eyes see. I personally don't let the ISO go past 400 because photos do come out quite grainy in the high ISO settings. I compensate with the widest aperture possible and a longer shutter speed. Because of these manual controls, this camera actually does very well in low-light situations, assuming you have at least somewhat steady hands. Otherwise, there's a nice flash on top of the camera you can just pop up when you feel it's necessary.

Also, I feel as though it is very important to point out that this camera, like many others, does NOT come with a memory card. I don't understand why people are complaining about that. It's NORMAL for cameras to not come with a memory card. I got a SanDisk 16GB SDHC card to go with my camera, which is really more than enough (I could even use this card in an SLR). I also decided to get an SDHC card reader so that I wouldn't have to plug a cord into my camera and turn it on every time I want to pull my photos off it. It's just much quicker and easier that way. Note: The memory card is located in the same compartment as the batteries on the bottom of the camera, so hold it upside down when sliding the cover open so the batteries don't fall out.

I'm really not sure what else to say. This is a great camera that I feel is a bit underrated. 5 Stars all the way from me. This is my first ever review, so I hope I made sense :)