Profile for Coffee Mama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Coffee Mama RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stevia Liquid - Stevia Select - Liquid Dark Chocolate Stevia, 2 oz-Premium Ingredients From The Sweet Leaf of Stevia-satisfaction Guaranteed!
Offered by Stevia Select
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy!, March 17, 2015
No bitter taste. I use this and the raspberry one almost daily. I'm looking forward to trying more from Stevia Select. I add this to my coffee, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, and more.

One of my favorites way to use this is add some to cottage cheese and top with fresh berries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2015 5:04 PM PDT

The Good Java Company - Gourmet USDA Organic Fair Trade Swiss Water Process Decaffeinated Small Batch Roasted Coffee (Ground) 12oz

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd find organic decaf coffee but not with the Swiss Water Process so I was super happy to find this at The Good Java Company, March 17, 2015
I don't usually drink decaf because I have a hard time finding one that uses the Swiss Water Process and organic. I'd find organic decaf coffee but not with the Swiss Water Process so I was super happy to find this at The Good Java Company. The taste is amazing too! It's my favorite coffee.

Ella Enchanted [HD]

Hidden In Silence
DVD
Price: $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Should Watch This, October 27, 2014
I really enjoyed this movie. Regarding my children ages 10-16 I will allow them to watch it. There is one scene toward the end of a couple getting ready for bed. They undress and kiss, so you know where it's leading but thankfully they don't show much. Just the man taking off his shirt. I would have preferred that scene not to be there.Otherwise it's a pretty clean movie.

It's based on a true story. It's very well done.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 8:49 PM PST

A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet
by Dr. Eric C. Westman M.D.
Price: $5.38
27 used & new from $2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Gift, August 15, 2014
This is perfect to give as a gift to someone who doesn't want to read all the science behind a Ketogenic diet. It gives the basics. I gave this to my Mother-in-law. I have been on Atkins for over a year and have had wonderful results with it. I've talked to my MIL many times but her excuse it's too hard to get started. This was perfect for her to at least start eating low carb. Later once she feels comfortable with eating this way then we'll zone in with figuring out % of fats, carbs, calories etc. if needed, but for now this is perfect place to start.

It gives her a list of what she can eat and how much. The measurements are in cups too which will also make it easier for my mother. For instance you can have one cup of spinach. I know everyone is different with stuffing spinach into a cup but again, at least she's getting started.

I don't have the book in front of me because I gave it to my MIL already, so don't quote me on the spinach ;)

Baby'O Clothing Co. Original Baby'O BIZ Long Denim Skirt Large Blue
Baby'O Clothing Co. Original Baby'O BIZ Long Denim Skirt Large Blue
Offered by Baby'O Clothing Co.
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite skirts, August 8, 2014
I love this skirt. I plan to purchase another. The only reason I gave it a four star instead of a five is the sizing chart. I went by the chart and it stated a large was my size but upon receiving it a medium would have fit better. The skirt slips to low and I step on it sometimes because it's to big. I still love it though and it's one of my favorite skirts.

I didn't know at the time of ordering that the waist is elastic. If I'd had known I would have risked it and when down a size ;) and would have ordered a medium.

The material is not thick jean like denim which is what I was looking for but thinner. Not so thin that I need a slip (thankfully).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2014 9:19 AM PDT

Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution
Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution
by Dr. Robert C. Atkins MD
Price: $6.00
863 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed the way I See Food and Inspired a Healthier Way of Living for My Family!!!, August 8, 2014
My cholesterol levels have been going up for the past 6+ years. I knew I needed to change my diet. I was also 35lbs over weight and again I knew I needed to change the way I ate.

I didn't want to go the low fat route. I didn't have it in me to eat like that. My mom had been on the Atkins diet back in the 70's and 80's. I was aware of what you could eat, lots of good food! So when I was ready (think doctor wanting you on med to lower your cholesterol) I knew I 'd lose weight and lower my cholesterol the Atkins way. I purchased several of his books and jumped in with both feet. My start date was 1/13. Within months I had lowered my cholesterol enough for the doctor to say no meds. By the end of 20013 I had also lost 35lbs.

The weight didn't just drop off over night. It took all 12 months. I wasn't one of the blessed people who lost 10lbs in the induction phase but I knew I was eating healthy and kept with it. Even when I didn't lose a pound in 30 days. Eventually the weight came off, slowly for me.

I believe the late Dr. Atkins was way ahead of his time. Now you see so many low carb diets (although they won't admit they are low carb) out there all saying what Dr. Atkins has been saying for years. Eat healthy fats and eat your veggies. The Atkins lifestyle is not all about bacon and butter but eating healthy and a variety of veggies. I love eating my eggs with sauteed veggies, cream in my coffee, and a rib-eye steak with sauteed veggies for supper. I have given up most grains and don't even miss them. I also enjoy cottage cheese sweetened with Stevia and mixed with some sort of berries. Either fresh or frozen. I have learned how to make a variety of healthy desserts for my family, like chocolate cake, pumpkin cheesecake pie, and coconut-blueberry muffins.

I love using coconut flour, almond flour, coconut milk, cream, coconut oil, etc. for baking and making my 'bread' like food. I can eat out with family and friends and not look like I'm on a 'diet' :)

Not only have I lost weight, lowered my cholesterol, but my skin look so much healthier. I have had so many compliments about my skin and hair. Speaking of hair, I don't use shampoo with chemicals. I use raw honey and other foods to wash and condition my hair. I use coconut oil as a leave in conditioner.

All that to say that I'm so thankful to Dr. Atkins for his books and inspiring me to eat healthier but also live healthier via using less chemicals. I no longer purchase cleaners and such but make my own. My whole family has benefited from Atkins. Yay!

Atkins Advantage Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll Light Meal Bar, 5 Count Bars 1.6 Oz.
Offered by Amazing Innovation
Price: $13.21
31 used & new from $7.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Atkins Bar, January 27, 2014
This is tasty but hard to bite into. It's not something I want to eat in front of guest ;) Great taste but unfortunately I won't be purchasing again.

I prefer the not-so-hard to bite into ones like Cinnamon Bun, Mudslide, Chocolate Chip Granola, etc.

Satisfying Eats: Grain Free, Sugar Free & Hunger Free Cookbook
Satisfying Eats: Grain Free, Sugar Free & Hunger Free Cookbook
by Melissa McGehee
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, January 20, 2014
My daughter and I both use this cookbook. Melissa gives cooking tips and I am using this as part of my daughter's home economics course.

Wow Hits 2014 [2 CD][Deluxe Edition]
Wow Hits 2014 [2 CD][Deluxe Edition]
Price: $14.19
74 used & new from $10.20

5.0 out of 5 stars I Buy This Every Year, January 20, 2014
My kids love the WOW Cds. I buy them every CHRISTmas and every CHRISTmas the children are excited to receive them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3