Profile for Sharon.V.O. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sharon.V.O. RSS Feed

Desolation (Infernal Designs Book 1)
Desolation (Infernal Designs Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Necromancers, April 15, 2014
Necromancers and zombies! I am stunned that this hasn't been explored before. Or if it has, I have missed it. It is such a perfect match of two great themes. The author is uniquely imaginative and I look forward to more books!

Warrior: A Tribesman Novel (Volume 2)
Warrior: A Tribesman Novel (Volume 2)
by Paul Freeman
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars And the journey continues..., April 15, 2014
I read Tribesman and was immediately immersed in the story. The characters were well developed and the story unfolded masterfully. Afterwards, I felt as though I had been on an epic journey and that the sands of the Empire still clung to my boots.
I was really looking forward to reading Warrior, and as before I was immediately drawn into the story. This is the continuation of Culainn's journey to find the merchant's daughter.Or at least that is the basis for the journey. It is quickly become obvious that this adventure is so very much more.
In Warrior Culainn travels north, towards home. Whereas Tribesman took place in the desert this book is set in a colder climate. There were times when I could practically feel the chill and see the mist that hangs in the air after a conversation.
The story didn't miss a beat, taking the reader on a dark and dangerous adventure. I read it quickly and enjoyed each minute. There was some great new characters that I look forward to seeing what trials await them. And the journey continues

Tribesman (A Tribesman Novel Book 1)
Tribesman (A Tribesman Novel Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, October 10, 2012
Awesome and epic. Those are two words that are often overused to the point where their original mean has been diluted beyond recognition. And yet, with regards to Tribesman, those two words are particularly applicable.

The breadth, depth and scope of the world created by Paul Freeman is awesome in its development and epic in its delivery. Culainn is a dynamic character who has made some poor choices in his past and is dealing with the consequences of them. He undertakes a quest to retrieve a merchants daughter. Along the way he meets Persha, an beautiful dessert nomad, and an outcast just like the warrior of the north. Together they battle demons, hell hounds and search for the lost city of the dead. A story of magic, gods, love and betrayal, Tribesman is truly an epic adventure.

I deeply enjoyed this story. It is one of the few e-books that I've read that I plan to also purchase the printed copy when it comes out. It has earned not only a place in my kindle but on my shelf.

Anti-Sentient
Anti-Sentient

5.0 out of 5 stars Switches...., August 29, 2012
This review is from: Anti-Sentient (Kindle Edition)
The very first home that I ever owned was a small bungalow that was built in the 1920's. Electricity had been added after the home was built. There were all kinds of switches and plugs that were random, at best. I had no idea what went with what. For me, the easiest way to figure things out was to just start pushing buttons and flipping switches. It was an effective experiment and certainly helped me figure things out.

But what happens when the switches that you are flipping are genetic markers? Anti-Sentient is about a medical firms efforts to find relief for those who suffered from depression. Little did they know that by flipping a switch to turn something off, that they would be turning something on. In this case something deadly.

Anti-sentient is a fast paced novel that removes zombies from the realm of fiction by bringing them in the realm of possibility.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too.

Sharon Van Orman

The Beauregarde Affair
The Beauregarde Affair
by Brian M. Talgo
6 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Motey Kind of Moment, January 18, 2012
This review is from: The Beauregarde Affair (Paperback)
I knew when I read `a motey kind of moment' that I was going to really enjoy this book. However, what ensued was far more uproariously funny and entertaining than I had expected it to be. From a cast of incorrigible young men, to a menagerie of mismatched animals, The Beauregarde Affair had me laughing out loud from the beginning to the end. Along with unique drawings, outlandish escapades, and interspersed with moments of poignancy when the owner of a lost dog is found, this story has all the right ingredients to make it a winner.
It has been quoted that "when a reader suspends their reality for yours, it should be time well spent". For this reader it certainly was.