Profile for Jesse Baynard > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 277

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jesse Baynard RSS Feed (Tampa, FL)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Allen Sports 3W Aluminum Light Set, Silver
Allen Sports 3W Aluminum Light Set, Silver
Price: $28.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically powerful, aimable and zoomable bike light, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The brightness and quality of the lights compel me to give this a 5 star rating despite a few grievances I have with the mounting.

First of all the "flashlight/headlight" portion is very bright with a clean white light. It can push-pull zoom (focus) onto a small spot which allows you to easily make out specific things in the dark. The aluminum construction feels very well made. It has 3 modes full power, half power, and flashing. Each time you turn it off and on it gives you the next mode, however you can cycle through them by half pressing the button. Once mounted to your bike you can swivel the light left and right if needed as well as slide it off the mount (useful to prevent theft or to investigate the dark on foot). The headlight runs on 3 AAA batteries, as often as I bike in the dark this should hopefully last a long while.

The taillight has two modes on and flashing and has less bright red LEDs that run on two watch batteries. Fortunately all the batteries are included. I'm not crazy about requiring specialty batteries for something like this, but for me it's not so bad because I use the CR 2032 batteries in a lot of different things so I buy them in bulk and keep extras anyways.

The mounting brackets are easy to install and do their job well, allowing you to remove the lights as needed without re-installing. However their is a risk of losing an important nut when installing the front mount and the back mount requires a flat screw driver to install it. These are mostly one time problems, but it would be nicer if it were less prone to error and didn't require tools.

PROS:
+ Light output
+ Focusable beam
+ Directional mount
+ Removable (clip to slide off/on)
+ Power saving and flashing modes

CONS:
- Mount installation requires a screwdriver
- Watch batteries for the rear light

Bulbrite LED11A19/827/D 11-Watt (60-Watt) Dimmable LED A19, Medium Base, Warm White
Offered by iQlighting
Price: $21.45
2 used & new from $20.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid dimmable LED bulb, August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
LED bulbs are great other than their initial price. This one like most turns on to full brightness instantly, doesn't contain hazardous mercury and should last near forever (the box estimates 22.8 years). I found this bulb had a good brightness and is true to its 60 watt equivalent claim (many are not). The dimming feature is nice to have, although it isn't fully compatible with switches that are designed for 3 way bulbs (the same is true for regular dimmable bulbs). The color of the light was also very close to incandescent soft white bulbs with no noticeable green or magenta color shifts.

The only issues I had with it were minor. One, the seam where the diffusion cover meets the LED assembly looks a little sloppy. It didn't affect the performance of the bulb and wouldn't be seen in most light fixtures. Second, the color temperature did seem slightly off of my other soft white bulbs, but not distractedly so. This may be as much a fault with my other bulbs as it is for this one. Overall, the bulb works well and displays nicely and has the advantage over other LED bulbs by being dimmable.

Margaritaville DM3500-000-000 Bali Frozen Concoction Maker, Gray
Margaritaville DM3500-000-000 Bali Frozen Concoction Maker, Gray
Offered by Concept Kitchen
Price: $499.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal icy drinks served easily, only a few small issues., August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all, you won't be disappointed by the quality of the drinks this machine pushes out. The pre-shaved ice produces fluffy snow cone quality snow and smooth easy to drink icy drinks. To serve all you need to do is press your glass against the lever and it spins up the drink and feeds it into the top of the glass. Nothing could be better for serving up approx half gallon during a party with no messy spills and no funky separation in the pitcher. If this is the only reason you're getting this machine, easy party use then simply buy it now. There is nothing that serves this much, this well, and this easily at this price.

If you're wanting it to double duty as blender or a snow cone machine there are a few things you should know. First... as a snow cone/shaved ice machine, you can dispense shaved ice without the pitcher in place. The ice shield up top needs to be in the forward position, and it's easy to dispense ice into any cup. Although without the pitcher in place there is nothing to catch the drips and there is no decent channeling to keep the drips together. So a slight watery mess here. For blending, including smoothies, if the drink is not "wet" enough it will have trouble feeding out the top at any reasonable speed. The pitcher isn't really made for pouring since it has the dispenser built in and no handles.

You should also be aware that this unit is very tall. So it may not fit under you cabinets and even if it does, you'll likely need to pull it out to put ice into the top. As far as cleanup is concerned I preferred washing it rather than running soapy water though it (as the instructions offer), since I found this left splashed areas like under the lid very sticky and dirty. If you are washing it while there is ice in the upper chamber, you will find that it drips out and forms a puddle since the pitcher is missing, like i mentioned before.

Overall, if you want great iced drinks served quickly this is a sure crowd pleaser and serves 5 star drinks. I do wish they solved the front drip problem (at least a small drip channel) when the pitcher is missing so I am hesitantly going to ding it a star.

Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB 3.0 Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA6900-FFP)
Price: $158.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast and easy. Very expandable., August 3, 2014
4.5 STARS
Overall, the setup was was very easy and my range/speed was much improved. I plugged it into the modem, connected to the new network with the provided password, went to the configuration url and followed the directions. Afterwards I was able to get the full 60Mbps of internet I pay for near the router and at least 30Mbps from anywhere in or next to the house. Also, now that I have the TV's connected to the 5Ghz connection so I get far fewer (if any) re-buffering problems on Netflix (probably since it competes less with the cordless phones and microwave). If there ever does become a buffer problem in the future the Linksys router lets me prioritize connection speed per device. I can also restrict the internet to certain devices by time of day or to specific sites. I don't need this right now, but I could see how it could be useful. If per site filtering isn't efficient I found that you can also get smart wi-fi apps that are more proactive. There is only one feature I wish was different. My old router let me set up a separate, yet open guest network. This one however requires there be a password. I'd prefer the guest network to be easier to connect to, while still being separated from the trusted devices or even the router administration. I realize it can be an easy password, but I don't like requiring my guests to ask me for the password at all which is why I'm going to ding this half a star. And while it's only a minor inconvenience for me, I'm rounding down just because this might be a deal breaker for others.

PROS:
+ Easy setup
+ Solid connection
+ Remote control options
+ Guest network support, with limit control
+ Parental restrictions at a device level
+ Device connection priority
+ WPS support that can be activated through the browser
+ Smart Wi-Fi apps allow additional filtering and sharing options

CONS
- Guest network can not be setup without a password
- Power transformer, like most, may cover additional outlets

Bissell Febreze 7&9 Filter, 27W81
Bissell Febreze 7&9 Filter, 27W81
Price: $6.56
7 used & new from $6.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice subtle clean smell with every vacuum., August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is brilliant! Most of the time when I'm vacuuming up cat hair and debris the place looks a lot nicer, but the smell is about the same. I sniffed the output from my vac before changing it and it was slightly musty, after and it was slightly fragrant. However, after running it around the house, the entire place had a gentle fresh smell. Maybe a tad perfume-y but overall quite pleasant. I am definitely ordering more for 6 months down the road. The price is about the same a general filter, which I normally let get over clogged because it's easy to forget, but I think this one will be easy to remember thanks to it double duty of cleaning and freshening the air.

The only cases you might not be as in love with this filter as I am is if you are extremely scent sensitive (I am, mildly... I don't even go near a Bath & Body Works store, but this is nice), or if you already scent your house with something that may conflict scent wise, but I think it's worth the chance.

Barbie Life in The Dreamhouse Pet Boutique and Doll Playset
Barbie Life in The Dreamhouse Pet Boutique and Doll Playset
Price: $34.99
5 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of accessories spark her imagination, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A nice set with lots of animals and accessories. My daughter loves playing with it for longer periods then most of her other Barbie toys/houses. She does bring over more Barbie pet items from other sets and overall really enjoys it. I personally find that on carpet it's not as stable as I'd like. It stays up for the most part, but the high center of gravity makes to easy to accidentally tip over. Half of the accessories (trophy, box, shampoo, etc.) snap into the display shelves which makes it nice and tidy... Unfortunately the other half hang from little bars off the side and easily fall off. This is par for the course with Barbie accessories, so it shouldn't bother me, but I wish the brushes, ribbon, and other things would snap on too. Overall it's a nicely appointed set as far as pets and accessories go, but a little skimpy when it comes to the building frame.

Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD19201)
Price: $129.99
19 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a low volume, shared usage environment, July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The biggest pros of this model are without a doubt price and connectivity. The printer installed very easily onto the network over ethernet (it also has wireless built in). The installation found the printer and added it without any hiccups. The features for the price are excellent featuring full duplex printing and scanning. The print quality is very reasonable, but not quite laser crisp or photo lab quality, but it's good enough that it doesn't draw attention to itself and it is very water and smudge resistant.

Of course the reason I usually read reviews is for the shortcomings, to see if there are any potential deal breakers... Here they are. First this only has one paper tray. It's big enough at 250 sheets, but to print odd shapes like envelopes you need to load them one sheep at a time through the direct tray and select that tray when printing. So if you need to swap a lot or do a lot of printing I'd really recommend spending the extra money on something like the WorkForce Pro WF-4630. I had an older WorkForce Pro model and it is better suited for high volume or mixed media environments. The next issue I had was the touch sceen is not always intuitive as to what is a touch target and what I can expect when I press it. I mostly felt this way when setting up the network, but it installed okay so I guess it's good enough. Finally, I've never liked how long it takes to prime a new Epson ink cartridge, so if you run out of ink during a deadline... plan to waste an extra 5-10 minutes.

But for the price I still find the feature set, connectivity and image quality unbeatable and can easily overlook the cons and highly recommend this model. However, if you have a more printing needs and a little bigger budget, I would recommend looking at the Epson WorkForce PRO line.

Dell Inspiron i3147-3750sLV 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop
Dell Inspiron i3147-3750sLV 11.6-Inch 2 in 1 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop
Offered by media&more
Price: $462.68
24 used & new from $439.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jack of All trades, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you want a fast tablet experience, then get a tablet.
If you want a fast light weight laptop with a real OS, then buy an ultrabook.
If you'd like both but only have enough money for a tablet... then this is an EXCELLENT compromise.

The build quality excellent. It's strong & light and works in a number of different ways... Laptop style, flat, back bend for video playback, or as a tablet. In case you were wondering, yes the keyboard is exposed on the back when in the tablet configuration, but the keys are disabled once the screen is flipped around, plus they're recessed so they aren't really in the way. The battery life has been very good I've gotten at least 6 hours of life if not more. The Windows 8.1 OS is reasonable for tablet use and the touchscreen works well with it. And while it doesn't come across as zippy, It loads fast enough that I don't get video lag or ever feel like I'm waiting on it either. It does seem to run faster when plugged in. So if you're doing anything intensive, it's not a bad idea to plug in.

The only cons I can think of are the lack of dedicated F keys (they're shared with the number row), and I've had one small hiccup with the trackpad in Chrome (fixed with a reboot). Other than that it hasn't locked up or acted unexpectedly.

Overall, if money is tight any you need the laptop for work/school but would like to occasionally flip it back and just consume content then this is a great deal.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2014 11:50 AM PDT

Sylvania 73014 10-watt  800 Lumens A19 LED Light Bulb, Soft White
Sylvania 73014 10-watt 800 Lumens A19 LED Light Bulb, Soft White
Offered by eLightBulbs
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean color, no warm up time, and safe to touch, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like LED bulbs much better than CFL bulbs, which break too easily and most contain mercury. This one in particular is bright from the start, and doesn't have any noticeable color casts (other than the same yellowish color found in incandescent soft white bulbs). This form factor also lets it be used in most older lamps without issues. The price isn't bad and due to its life and energy savings it should easily pay for itself. But my favorite thing about this bulb is that I could touch it even after it had been on for hours without risking some sort of serious burn.

The only con I can think of is that a little bit more brightness might be desirable, especially for room lighting as opposed to reading/task lighting, but it's pretty close to the incandescent it replaced. Overall, you shouldn't be disappointed for this quality at this price.

My Password Journal
My Password Journal
Price: $23.97
5 used & new from $23.97

4.0 out of 5 stars My 7 year old loves it, took a little getting used to, July 16, 2014
This review is from: My Password Journal (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
To be fair, it was frustrating getting it set up. You need to install batteries, and you can't set or say the password with any background noise. If you do, the confirmation won't work to set the password. But with a bit of patience and practice my daughter now knows how to record passwords effectively and get into her own journal most of the time (the rest of the family has a 0% success rate). She also customizes the intruder alert with snarky messages for the rest of us. She was giddy with the invisible ink and black light. It isn't really a journal (since the writing area is too small for deep thoughts) or a secure diary (since the reset button can be accessed with a pen), but she still enjoys writing short notes, invisible sketches, and securing her treasures from her little bother. So overall it's a success of a toy for a young girl.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20