Profile for DJ Bob > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DJ Bob RSS Feed (Delaware Valley, PA)

26 used & new from $4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars The #1 DISCO Soundtrack, July 6, 2005
This review is from: Thank God It's Friday (Audio CD)
My profession: Disc Jockey

My favorite dance soundtrack: Thank God It's Friday

My favorite dance song (from the TGIF ST): I Wanna Dance by Marathon

(and yes I wish Casablanca had made a 12-inch of this)

If you have the video, Paul Jabara (Last Dance, Trapped in a Stairway) played the guy who should have kept his glasses on. Note: he also co-wrote with Paul Shaffer (David Letterman's band leader) "It's Raining Men" for the Weather Girls.

Also watch for the following gaffs:

After Donna Summer's crying in the ladies' room, her hair gets a new do in a few minutes, which should have taken hours. A rose is placed in her hair, but when she emerges from the ladies' room, it has moved to the other side of her head!

Pyrotechnics during the Commodores set had NO EFFECT on any of the dancers!

The scene where Donna Summer knocks over the pile of 45's to distract the DJ was SO commercially crass that I almost laughed out loud in the movie theatre! There were SO many things wrong, I have to list them: a) DJ's were NOT using 45's in the discos, just 12-inch singles or extended album cuts; b) when this movie was released, Motown was NOT played in the discos in favor of the Euro sound. So when they showed a close-up of the 45's on the floor that the DJ had to pick up, they were ALL Motown (and subsidiary) labels! Wishful thinking on Motown's part.

Ok, back to the soundtrack. I bought TWO copies of this album, just in case I wore one out! It's THAT good!