Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for T-Lo > Reviews

Browse

T-Lo's Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T-Lo RSS Feed (Exton, Pa USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
sugar, sugar
sugar, sugar
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple, Yet Challenging Game, July 18, 2015
This review is from: sugar, sugar (App)
Of all the FAOTD games I have tried, this one would go in my Top 10. My favorite thing about Sugar, Sugar is that you can pick it up, play it for a few minutes of enjoyment and be done with it. It's not a high end game by any means, but I do love the use of colors and the soothing music during the game play. The early stages are pretty easy, but they absolutely get harder as you go. Don't miss it as today's FAOTD, but I'd still recommend getting it even when it's not.

Innovera CD/DVD Storage Drawer, Holds 150 Disks (39501)
Innovera CD/DVD Storage Drawer, Holds 150 Disks (39501)
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $21.79
22 used & new from $10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Way To Protect & Organize Your Discs, December 10, 2014
Overall, I'm happy with this item. It's a sturdy box with a smooth gliding drawer. I currently have all three of mine stacked on top of each other. The included accessories make it so they attach to one another and well enough that you don't feel like they're going to easily tip over or anything. For the price, these are a good way to store your CD/DVDs if you don't have to worry about covers and whatnot.

Jack Lumber
Jack Lumber
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Fruit Ninja-Style Game, December 7, 2014
This review is from: Jack Lumber (App)
I've downloaded a lot of games via Amazon for my phone, but very few of them keep my interest beyond the initial play. Jack Lumber is one of the few apps I've really enjoyed and continue to enjoy. Cutting the various wood pieces is fun and challenging while the amusing storyline and the various silly animals keep things entertaining. If you weren't lucky enough to get it as the FAOTD, it's still worth checking out if you're keen on Fruit Ninja and other games like that.

ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-WH 8-Inch Tablet (White)
ASUS MeMO Pad 8 ME181C-A1-WH 8-Inch Tablet (White)
Price: Click here to see our price
34 used & new from $102.52

3.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Tablet (3.5 Stars), November 30, 2014
If you're just going to do basic things like web browsing, reading, listening to music, etc., this tablet should be perfectly fine for you. However, if you're looking to do things that are graphic intensive, you'll probably need to get something with more horses under the hood.

Before I purchased the Memo, I had read a review where someone said this was good for playing games, but a game like Plants Vs. Zombies 2 can really lag on this tablet (when the app isn't crashing) once the screen gets filled with undead enemies. It's been OK for playing a game like Zen Pinball HD, but the occasional lag can cost you when you need precise timing. I will say that less graphic intensive games seem to work just fine on the Memo.

The only other downside is that the WIFI connection isn't awesome. My main location in the house isn't super close to the router, but everything else that uses WIFI in my room gets a better connection than the Memo Pad. It's fine when I'm closer to the router, but it seems a little more apt to drop the signal than my other WIFI devices (Xboxes, phone, Squeezebox, etc.). It's not a big problem, but an occasional issue.

Overall, I think this Asus Memo Pad 8 is a 3.5 star device. It has good qualities -- it's thin, it's very light, the screen looks nice and the price is pretty reasonable. I've also already gotten several system updates from ASUS in just a few short months so I feel good about them keeping up with their support of the device.

The bottom line is this tablet may be perfect for some users while others may need something a bit more powerful. Keep your expectations in check and consider how you'll use the Memo before you buy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 5:00 PM PST

Flappy Nyan - Ad Free
Flappy Nyan - Ad Free
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For What It Is, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Flappy Nyan - Ad Free (App)
Although I was very much aware of the Flappy games, I had never played one. Flappy Nyan has nice graphics, a cute variety of deaths and has a great little soundtrack. The game itself is tedious and not exactly 'fun', but that's really the fault of the original game. It's worth getting if you like this sorta thing, though.

Honey-Can-Do SHO-01656 10-Pair Shoe Organizer, Storage Cubby, Natural
Honey-Can-Do SHO-01656 10-Pair Shoe Organizer, Storage Cubby, Natural
Price: $18.00
13 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good, But Limited Organizer For Men's Shoes, June 18, 2014
Thanks to some of the other Amazon reviews, I didn't purchase this with the expectation that each hole was going to be able to fit 10 pairs of my men's size 12 sneakers. I suppose the company who makes this assumes these are mostly going to be used for women's shoes, but there's nothing that really says that you should assume that some pairs of shoes won't fit.

That being said, I WAS able to cram a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors in one slot and also a pair of my summertime sandals into another slot so there MAY be instances where you can fit some pairs of men's footwear in a slot.

I was able to assemble the unit VERY quickly. After opening the box, I had it fully assembled in less than 10 minutes.

The only hang-up was the velcro straps at the top and bottom. After getting one side done easily, the other side initially didn't seem to be long enough. The trick (at least in my case) was to go back to the first side and pull the flaps only halfway over each velcro strip to allow for more give on the other other side when you go to do it. Once you have both sides velcroed to some degree you can then try to stretch/adjust the velcro flaps. I was never able to get them fully covered (which you SHOULD be able to do), but even if you can't, it shouldn't be a problem. I have this thing completely full with my heavy shoes and have lifted it up multiple times and the velcro hasn't come apart or showed any signs of doing so.

In conclusion, if you're a guy and you have large shoes, this is still a pretty good shoe organizer as long as you don't expect that it will hold 10 pairs of your shoes. Expect closer to 5 pairs and consider anything more than that as a bonus.

Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Shoe Utility Rack
Seville Classics 3-Tier Iron Shoe Utility Rack
Offered by Eco Trade Inc
Price: $30.97
25 used & new from $21.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Entertainment Stand / Shelf, June 18, 2014
I realize that this was designed for shoes, but this was EXACTLY the size and shape that I was I was looking for to hold my Xbox, video games, DVDs, speakers, etc. That being the case, I took a shot with this 'shoe rack' and I couldn't be happier with it.

It's very simple to assemble. It may have taken me 10 minutes from the moment I had everything out of the box and out of their bags. It's very solid and sturdy. Even though it's designed for shoes, it's not flimsy. In other words, it's going to cave in if you put a game console on it instead of your fuzzy bunny slippers.

I suppose my main reason for writing this review is really for those who might be looking at this rack for purposes other than shoes. If you are, I would personally recommend doing so.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 2:27 AM PST

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed
by Paul Stanley
Price: $21.85
107 used & new from $9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars As Close To The Truth About KISS As You're Going To Get, April 21, 2014
If you're looking to read a book that gets you as close to the truth behind KISS as possible, look no further. Face The Music: A Life Exposed takes you through Paul Stanley's interesting life and finally lets his fans in on many things we were not privy to before this book.

While Paul has had his own demons to deal with throughout his eventful life, he did so without turning to drugs and booze. In turn, this book probably gives us the best and only chance to read the truth about the inner-workings of KISS without past memories being distorted by chemicals and/or ego.

If you are one of those KISS fans who finds yourself siding with Ace Frehley & Peter Criss, this book is going to be a tough pill to swallow. And even though Paul offers nary a kind word about those two former band members, Gene Simmons isn't safe from Paul's ire either. We've know that they were completely different personalities, but had no idea how strained their relationship -- personal and business -- has been over the past 40 years.

The book itself is a great read and I only wish it were twice as long so we could learn further details about people, times, events, albums, etc. Once Paul gets beyond Ace Frehley leaving in 1982, his focus shifts inward instead of detailing his personal relationships with band members (other than Gene Simmons) until he gets to the Reunion Tour. Having spent 11 years with Eric Carr, it's somewhat surprising that he is brought up rather sparingly while Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer are mentioned even less.

Even so, having read Peter Criss' and Gene Simmons' autobiographies, this book is FAR superior. It's fitting that it was released after the other KISS books or it would have made the others seem unnecessary -- at least in terms of detailing life as a member of KISS.

Face The Music: A Life Exposed is a must-have for KISS fans and for anyone interest in KISS in general. You'll be surprised by Paul's story and you'll never see Gene Simmons as the mastermind behind KISS ever again.

WD Elements 3 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
WD Elements 3 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
6 used & new from $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, July 12, 2013
Hard drives like this are usually a 5-star item if they work or a 1-star item if they don't. I've had my 3TB WD Elements drive for 4 months now and it's been working just fine. I actually use it quite often so I feel that I've given it enough of a workout to justify this 5-star review. Of course, if it fails tomorrow, it quickly becomes a 1-star item, but as long as it remains its functional self (fingers crossed), I can't see any reason why I wouldn't give it 5-stars and recommend it to others.

Cimo Samsung Galaxy S4 Case [ULTRA SLIM] S Case Premium Flexible TPU Cover for Samsung Galaxy S IV S4 GS4 4 - Blue
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $9.96
2 used & new from $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Cover!, July 12, 2013
Getting the right case for your phone can be a challenge. You not only want it to look good, but you also want it to protect your phone and fit properly as well. This case managed to meet ALL of those requirements.

First off, it just looks really nice. My co-worker noticed my new phone and even commented about how she liked how nice the blue cover looked on it. I agree!

Secondly, I'm a big fan of how it feels. It's not overly slick so you don't feel like you'll easily lose grip of it and drop it. The less clear back portion of the cover isn't super slippery (which is good) and the sides are grooved for better gripping of the phone.

Obviously the face of the phone is unobstructed, but I like that the outer rim is raised slightly higher than the screen in case you phone should fall face down on the ground, it may just save your screen from the impact of the fall.

The cutouts for the USB, headphone jack, etc. are all well-positioned and this cover is also thin enough to work with my generic S4 charger stand without causing it to be too snug or too high up for the USB prong to fit into the hole.

The bottom line is that this is a nice case for a reasonable price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5