Profile for Kristen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristen "Kristen" RSS Feed (Newhall, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Baby Mine
Baby Mine
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, May 22, 2013
This review is from: Baby Mine (Kindle Edition)
This was a fantastic read! It is a nice story, set in the adoption world. I recommend it to anyone who wants to read something touching and beautiful.

Never Been Blue
Never Been Blue
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $14.36

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be blue..., November 11, 2012
This review is from: Never Been Blue (Audio CD)
A great album, filled with hope and emotion. I'm glad I own this, I would buy it again in a heartbeat, and I can't wait to see this music live. Excellent!

The Kiss of a Stranger
The Kiss of a Stranger
by Sarah M. Eden
Price: $12.38
11 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously Fun!, March 8, 2011
This review is from: The Kiss of a Stranger (Paperback)
The Kiss of a Stranger is literally the kind of book that I couldn't put down. I kept looking for a stopping place so I could go to bed. But every time I thought a good conclusion was just around the corner, I read myself right into a new tremendous twist. It's a great adventure set in the Regency era (but published this year), layered and complex, and while it tackles some heavy topics like physical punishment of women in Regency times, the humor keeps the story moving as light as the fairy cakes that Crispin loves to eat. This story is thoroughly entertaining and I highly recommend it.

Silent World of Hector Man
Silent World of Hector Man

5.0 out of 5 stars Pitch Perfect, December 29, 2010
The Silent World of Hector Mann is pitch perfect. It is cohesive as a complete album and yet each song brings something new to the table. I highly recommend this album and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Trouble at the Arcade (Hardy Boys: The Secret Files)
Trouble at the Arcade (Hardy Boys: The Secret Files)
by Franklin W. Dixon
Price: $4.49
211 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 29, 2010
My first grade son likes to read these. He likes the pictures and they help break up the chapters.

Morris' Disappearing Bag
Morris' Disappearing Bag
by Rosemary Wells
Price: $6.03
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pitch, August 5, 2010
This is a family favorite. It is simple storytelling at its best. I love the pictures and creativity. I love that a child mixes acids as part of her Christmas day. And I love that little Morris uses his head to create something fun out of nothing.

Mary Had a Little Ham
Mary Had a Little Ham
by Margie Palatini
32 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun!, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Mary Had a Little Ham (Hardcover)
We first read this at the library and after renewing it three times we had to return it. But we missed Stanley in our home. So we bought it. It is fun and silly and my sons love the pictures.

Falling For Rapunzel
Falling For Rapunzel
by Leah Wilcox
Price: $5.39
168 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, October 27, 2008
This review is from: Falling For Rapunzel (Paperback)
We first heard this story at a story time. It's a fun, quirky, fresh take on an old classic. The rhymes are cute, as well as the maid, and even Rapunzel comes out looking good. I have two boys and, even though it is probably more of a girl story, they love it. I will probably buy this for my nieces come birthday time.

Our Mutual Friend
Our Mutual Friend
DVD ~ Various
Price: $9.98
64 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 19, 2008
This review is from: Our Mutual Friend (DVD)
If you want to save yourself about 20 hours or so of reading, I highly recommend the movie. You do lose the story lines of a few characters such as Fledgby, Riah, the Veneerings, and the Podsnaps. And the Lammles, and Twemlow stories are greatly reduced but the flavor of the story is done very, very well in the movie.

In addition, there is a great amount of believable passion in the four main characters of two of the story lines. The actors made their characters tangible and relatable.

I think it is rare to see a movie follow the book so closely and come out great.

And might I add, may we all be like the Boffins.

Red Light
Red Light
23 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, April 6, 2008
This review is from: Red Light (Audio CD)
I love this CD from Indigo Swing. A great addition to any music collection.

Page: 1 | 2