Profile for lb311 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lb311 RSS Feed (Bartlett, IL United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
85W AC Power Adapter Charger for MacBook Pro A1151 A1172 A1189 A1211 A1278 A1281 A1286 A1222 A1343
Offered by USA ZUOSHI
Price: $18.00
34 used & new from $13.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted less than 3 months, August 21, 2014
Started out fine (or so I thought), but after a month, my MacBook started having issues with not charging periodically. I thought it might just need an SMC reset, and indeed, that would fix it for a few days, but it would then happen again. Finally, last week after only having this charger for 3 months, it died and refused to charge any further. I finally did more research and learned that there's just no cheaper priced substitute to Apple's charger. Yes, it costs a ridiculous amount and it's cables tend to crap out after a year or two, but it also has the properly regulated components necessary to reliably recharge the mac's lithium battery. So, you can buy these cheap $20 chargers every 2-3 months (and possibly damage your battery) or just buy the appropriate quality charger for your quality laptop. Lesson now learned!

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
Price: $1,199.00
28 used & new from $1,119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have lens for full-frame landscape photographers, July 31, 2014
Unbelievable sharpness and color saturation. I used to swear by my 17-40 f/4 for landscapes, but now, this 16-35 will never leave my camera! I also compared it to my Sigma 35 mm f/1.4 prime lens (one of the sharpest primes ever tested by DxO), and by my untrained eyes, I can see no difference between the Sigma prime and this lens-- an amazing achievement for a zoom lens!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 2:00 PM PDT

Ivation Super-Bright 16-LED Dimmable Rechargeable Lantern Light / Table Lamp With Hanging Hook - Up To 5.5 Hours of Continuous Light on one Charge - Built-in lithium battery - For, Camping, Hiking, Tent, Flashlight, Emergency light, Candlelight Dinner
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic portable light for inside or outside the RV!, July 31, 2014
Best LED lamp I've ever had. LOVE the soft, even lighting this produces inside my RV. Also like the dimming feature and that it's rechargeable. The product is very well built and solid, yet still very lightweight.

Dell U2713HM-IPS-LED CVN85 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor
Dell U2713HM-IPS-LED CVN85 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor
Price: $518.19
47 used & new from $380.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, energy-miser with perfect color right out of the box!, July 17, 2014
I bought this to replace a heavier NEC LCD pro monitor (which I bought 5 years ago for nearly 3 times the cost of this Dell). Loved the NEC, but I was now needing something lighter weight with better energy efficiency to travel in my RV full-time. So far, this Dell monitor is exceeding every expectation! Set up side-by-side with the NEC, it's picture quality and colors right out of the box seemed more realistic and spot-on. I've noticed no defects of any kind-- no dead pixels or light bleeding. This monitor is a steal of a deal! Very happy with it!

Tallgrass Prairie Wildflowers: A Field Guide to Common Wildflowers and Plants of the Prairie Midwest, 2nd Edition
by Douglas M. Ladd
Price: $14.98
28 used & new from $9.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference!, May 16, 2014
What more can you ask for with a field guide? The photos are large and show good detail, the text provides clear, succinct data for quick reading, and the book is organized exceptional well (by flower color). There's also a nice appendix of notable prairies found in each state of the Midwest. Great bonus! This is now my "go-to" guide for prairie wildflowers.

Exploring Nature in Illinois: A Field Guide to the Prairie State
Exploring Nature in Illinois: A Field Guide to the Prairie State
Price: $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding guide to the "wilds" of Illinois!, May 16, 2014
Many visitors (and most residents) of Illinois only ever experience driving through the State's flat, monotonous corn and soybean fields or visiting its cities and suburban "concrete jungle." Nature? In Illinois??? Well, as a photographer and budding naturalist, I've been (rather accidentally and haphazardly) discovering some of the state's hidden natural gems for the past few years now. This new book now gives me a much better guide to finding the truly good stuff-- the restored prairies, hidden canyons, fens and bogs bursting with natural diversity.

While I wished for a bit more written content in the book, what is included is extremely well-written and highly engaging. A succinct overview of each site's unique features and natural history, along with interesting tidbits of what you'll find there (and when). I really appreciated that the Kindle version came with all of the color photographs found in the print edition-- rare to find this in a nature book's Kindle edition.

After browsing only a few pages, you will immediately want to head out to visit each of these wonderful sites!

Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S IS STM Lens New (White Box) Bulk Packaging.
Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S IS STM Lens New (White Box) Bulk Packaging.
35 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats the doors off my old Tamron 18-270 PZD, May 9, 2014
Just got this lens and compared it with my Tamron 18-270 PZD. Across the board, the Canon 18-135 STM is a terrific improvement! Still images are sharper with much more detail on the Canon. Colors are a bit more vibrant too. But when used as a video lens, the Canon just blows the doors off the Tamron! The Tamron's AF is noisy and slow, and zoom ring is rather "jerky". Additionally, the Tamron tends to mush out pretty quickly when panning. The Canon, on the other hand, is completely silent and has a very fast and responsive AF thanks to it's STM system. It stays much sharper and with greater color saturation during video as well. So, while the Tamron might have a longer tele range, I think the Canon gives a better, sharper image to work with, and in the end, that's what really matters!

SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT 2-Tuner ATSC DLNA/UPnP Compatible Streaming Media Player, HDHR4-2US
Price: $69.99
32 used & new from $44.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but virtually no instructions, April 25, 2014
I nearly returned this item because of struggling with it for a few days to figure out how to use it with my Mac. I wanted to first make sure the HDHR tuner worked well before investing $80 in the recommended Mac EyeTV software. After plugging it in and realizing that it didn't work, I discovered that you had to go to SiliconDust's website and download the Mac version of their Config application first. The Config app let me manually tune each channel and check signal strength. Clicking the "View" button in this app launched the free VLC media player (that I already had installed on my Mac). This combo worked ok for about 30 seconds, and would then freeze or pixelate regardless of how strong the station signal happened to be. After further online searching of SilconDust's Support Forum, I discovered that you had to click a preference box on the VLC app in the Mac's GetInfo screen to keep the station signal continuously active within VLC. Once I did that, VLC played the signal just fine and confirmed that the HDHR tuner worked well. This combo was still not quite getting all the stations I had gotten on my TV set, but it was close enough that I finally decided to buy the $80 EyeTV app (that SiliconDust recommends for using HDHR with a Mac). WOW! What an improvement over VLC! Not only is the EyeTV app infinitely easier to use, it also seems to pick up and tune more stations than the HDHR Config app did with VLC. Extremely happy with EyeTV and this little HDHR box now!

HP Single Monitor Arm
HP Single Monitor Arm
Offered by antonline
Price: $120.38
64 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality Ergotron arm, April 25, 2014
I've owned some of the Ergotron arms in the past. Like others have said, this one is simply a rebranded Ergotron LX and even has that all over the included instructions/packaging. Holds my 20 lb pro graphics monitor with total ease. This arm comes with an additional screw mount if you'd prefer to mount it through a small hole rather than clamp it to the side of a table/desk. This arm is a great value that will last you for many years!

Deluxe Reclining Armchair
Deluxe Reclining Armchair

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comfy, well-built recliner, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Deluxe Reclining Armchair
I had been using a LaFuma zero-gravity recliner, and while that was very comfortable, it was also heavy and bulky. When I got my new RV and found I couldn't fit the LaFuma in the external storage bay, I remembered that I still had this MAC folding bag chair recliner. I've been using it now for the last 6 months and have been quite pleased with it! Unlike some of the other current bag chair recliners, this one doesn't require that it always be "reclined". It can be used in an upright position like a normal bag chair too (with the footrest down). Construction is very solid-- heavier fabric, and frame that is a bit on the heavy side too. Very quick to fold up into it's bag and carry or stow. It would be absolutely perfect if the rear seatback was adjustable, but that's a very minor complaint as the default angle is quite comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4