ARRAY(0x962758b8)

Customer Reviews: 291

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Escape Artist "G" RSS Feed (Southwest, US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lego Boys 8-20 Lego Movie Pajama Set
Lego Boys 8-20 Lego Movie Pajama Set
Price: $24.00 - $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, horrible quality, April 8, 2014
These pajamas are obviously a hit, as the crazy 3rd party prices clearly indicate. The fit is all over the place, with a somewhat small pj top (an XS fits an average 3 or 4 year old). The pants are much longer and easily fit a taller child closer to size 5 or 6. I purchased this set directly from Target dot com during a BOGO 50% sale and the price was definitely fair. The major drawback for me is the cheap quality of the polyester material. Yes most kids pjs are made out of polyester, but most pj sets are NOT completely see through!!! If you can look closely at the stock photo, the light showing through the cuffs of the pants is NOT an error - they are really this flimsy!

Kiddo loves them, and I paid the average retail price. Wish the quality was better, but oh well.

Tommy Hilfiger Hypoallergenic Pillow, Geometric
Tommy Hilfiger Hypoallergenic Pillow, Geometric
Price: $21.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Stop selling pillows, Tommy!, April 3, 2014
I purchased this pillow last Fall at Macy's during a sale (about half the current price). At first I loved the cover and design - very polished, looked great, and slept pretty good for a while. Then after a few weeks the fill just went flat. I had to go to Target to get something decent I could sleep on! I now use this pillow for my decorative sham. Flat and out of shape quickly... Save your money and buy something better - you deserve it!

Estee Lauder Pleasures Perfume Pencil Collection Boxed
Estee Lauder Pleasures Perfume Pencil Collection Boxed
Offered by SAVVY SHOPPERZ COLLECTION
Price: $47.88
7 used & new from $43.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and convenient!, April 3, 2014
I recently ordered this set directly from Macy's and I'm in love! For just thirty-five bucks, I received three cute and deliciously fragrant (from light to intense) pencils plus a sharpener, all in a lovely gift box. Also qualified for a Lilly Pulitzer gift with purchase! So pretty, makes a great gift for yourself or a loved one (Mom's Day and graduations are just around the corner!). This is a Macy's limited edition/exclusive, and Macy's dot com states the set retails for forty-nine dollars.

Kellogg's, Special K, Protein, Almond Honey Oat Bars, 4.4oz Box (Pack of 4)
Kellogg's, Special K, Protein, Almond Honey Oat Bars, 4.4oz Box (Pack of 4)
Offered by DM-Market, Online Groceries APO/FPO/DPO
Price: $26.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummy snack option, April 3, 2014
I picked up a few boxes of these Special K Almond Honey Oat Granola (yes, that is the ENTIRE name) bars during a sale for two bucks at my local Kroger. If it wasn't for the sale and the fact that I needed KFR codes, I probably would have passed on these. My kids didn't seem to like these, and they are big eaters of various granola and trail mixes. Personally, I think the bars taste pretty good - just enough crunch, not too sweet with just 7 grams of sugar. Great for a quick mini breakfast, throwing in the purse when on the go, running errands, or for those long trips.

Not the best option for those with pickier tastes, and definitely NOT worth paying top dollar. But a good choice when offered at a fair price.

OGX Shampoo, Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture, 13 Ounce
OGX Shampoo, Quenched Sea Mineral Moisture, 13 Ounce
Offered by AmericanWholesale
Price: $11.19
12 used & new from $6.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent results, but alas not perfect, April 3, 2014
Organix Sea Mineral Moisture is very much a "spa" experience offering a nicely foamy lather and rich sea scent. My hair looks great after my usual two washes per shower - super strong, super shiny, and very much under control (see ya, frizzies!). However, the scent can be a little overwhelming especially when combined with the conditioner. And even though these minerals are ideal for dry scalp, I unfortunately still have build up after a few days of use (have to use a different product for a day or two, then return to using Mineral Moisture).

For those who are new to Organix/OGX, the hair products are SLS free but are NOT 100% organic or all natural. Also shop around for the best price. I picked up a few bottles during a great sale at my local Kroger.

OGX Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo, 13 Ounce
OGX Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo, 13 Ounce
Offered by Hollywood Nights
Price: $12.04
13 used & new from $6.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Dependable "clear" shampoo, April 3, 2014
This Organix (OGX) Coconut Water shampoo is indeed weightless. The fragrance is mild, but still noticeable. This product is NOT organic nor is it even remotely all natural. However it is SLS free, cleanses very well (after two shampoos each time, in my case), leaves very little build-up (important for my chronically dry scalp) and is a great fairly priced alternative to more expensive brands. I purchased this particular formula at Ulta, great deal when combining the coupon they offer!

crocs 14805 CC Monsters Clog (Toddler/Little Kid)
crocs 14805 CC Monsters Clog (Toddler/Little Kid)
Price: $34.95 - $40.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but big!, March 29, 2014
What a bargain! Disney branded Crocs, plus they glow in the dark??!?! Sold!! I ordered these not realizing the fit is extremely generous, almost a full size bigger. Definitely order a size down if you can, otherwise your kiddo can grown into these and have them for a while! Colorful, fun, and great for either gender. :)

Teva Omnium 2 Kids Sandal
Teva Omnium 2 Kids Sandal
Price: $21.82 - $55.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Order half a size larger, March 29, 2014
I ordered these to replace my girl's water sandals that she has since grown out of. Love the fun, bright colors. However, I ordered a size 3 and they fit like a normal size 2 so these are definitely snug. If your child is a half size, do not hesitate in ordering up! Also, there is no strap or buckle or velcro or nuthin' on these - one end simply lifts up so your kid's foot can slide in. Not the most ingenious method and certainly not the most long-lasting (I can easily see this part ripping in the future), however it will definitely save time when we're in a rush.

An absolute steal at the current price for brand name water sandals. But deducting a full star because of the sizing issue and lack of buckle/strap.

Gillette Venus Snap with Embrace Women's Razor, 1 Count
Gillette Venus Snap with Embrace Women's Razor, 1 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, don't LOOOOOVE IT..., March 14, 2014
3.5 stars

Last year Gillette Venus marketed a purple lower priced "starter"/basic Venus razor towards the teen/college set, and now offers this cute and compact Venus Snap. The Snap *looks* like a fun, travel friendly, convenient product. But is it worth it...?

No, not really. At big box stores, the retail is nine ninety-nine (slightly less at about nine-fifty at my local Walmart). I combined a manufacturer coupon plus a rewards card e-coupon at my local Kroger to get this down to just a few dollars - definitely worth the price for just the blade alone. The chunky handle is somewhat difficult to control - I kept holding on to the razor release and was afraid it would pop out! After a week I ended up switching to the normal Venus handle, and I felt the longer handle was easier to maneuver. I also realized that the Venus handles have a notch about 1/3 of the way down from the razor, where I usually grip on to. So after years and years of using my razor this way, no wonder the Snap felt strange! The shave itself was alright, but for some reason didn't seem as close as when using the normal sized handle (even with the exact same blade). Anyhow, the blue compact is a nice touch especially since the vents allow the razor to air out.

Overall this is a tremendously marked-up price for a "cute" product. Definitely worth purchasing if on sale, or you have a coupon (be on the look out for Gillette promos here on Amazon) or perhaps in a gift set. But otherwise, meh... You would be better off getting a full sized Venus razor for less.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 9:28 AM PDT

Olay Age Defying Moisturizing Body Wash With Vitamin E 13.5 Oz
Olay Age Defying Moisturizing Body Wash With Vitamin E 13.5 Oz
Price: $3.99
3 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great body wash if you find the right price!, February 28, 2014
My 30-something year old skin has developed serious dryness issues, especially during the winter months. The low price of this wash was a great incentive, but ultimately the mid-range rating on Good Guide (dot com) of 5.8 made me want to try this product. These days I'm big on what goes in and ON my body, so the fact that the ingredients in this creamy soap are for the most part safe is extremely important. Also important is the fact that it delivers on its moisturizing promises!

My skin is now more supple and needs much less lotion during the course of the day, and my back (you know the spot I'm talking about) is much less dry and itchy. This also works great as a shaving cream. Yes, as the body wash formula includes Olay facial moisturizer, this smells like goopy "old lady soap." Meaning it smells formulaic, but not necessarily perfume-y like most heavily scented body washes on the market. The lather is so-so: use a few drops on a loofa, then repeat if necessary for more bubbles.

With stacking a coupon + subscribe and save, I was able to try Olay Age Defying body wash for just under two bucks. Definitely worth that cost, as this is a small bottle (in fact, the smaller 13.5 oz size is a good thing as no wash goes to waste AND the bottle easily fits in the shower). Not exactly "age defying," but it cleans and moisturizes wonderfully.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20