Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for katlynn > Reviews

Browse

katlynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

katlynn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
JAVOedge Umi Book Case for the Amazon Kindle Keyboard (Kindle 3) Wi-Fi/3G
JAVOedge Umi Book Case for the Amazon Kindle Keyboard (Kindle 3) Wi-Fi/3G

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, October 22, 2013
This was a very cute case that perfectly fit my Kindle 3 (with keyboard). I love the canvas feel of it. The inside kind of worried me at first because I have had other covers leave dark marks on my white Kindle. I am, however, happy to report that nothing has dyed my e-reader. The only issue that I have with this is that the device is supposed to slide in from the top, which leaves the possibility that my Kindle will slide out if held upside down. It's not a huge issue, but it would have been nice to not have to worry about this at all by having the device slide in from the inside where the spine of the cover folds. All-in-all, if you want a cheap case that's cute and fits your Kindle 3, I would highly recommend this one.

Russell Athletic Women's Fleece Pullover Hood, Maroon, Large
Russell Athletic Women's Fleece Pullover Hood, Maroon, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, August 26, 2013
I've been looking for a plain hoodie for forever. I love the color that I got (maroon) and the softness of the fabric. It's great for whenever I need something comfy to wear around the house, or to go out on a brisk day. I was a little wary because of some of the complaints about the sizing, so I got a size large. It really is a nice, looser fit (not as snug as shown by the model) and easily worn over a t-shirt or tank top. For a little reference, I'm 5'4" and 135 lbs. I'm fairly confidant that I can wear a size medium for a tighter fitting sweatshirt. I'll probably order more colors at some point in the future.

Personalized Flask and Funnel Gift Set
Personalized Flask and Funnel Gift Set
Offered by CKB Products Wholesale
Price: $6.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 31, 2013
I was scouring the internet for a flask and came across this gem. I didn't need anything expensive, but still wanted a good looking one. I loved that I was able to pick out a quote for the front. It really made it personal since this was a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. He loved and so did I. Thanks so much!

Touch the Sun (Rakes & Rebels Book 3)
Touch the Sun (Rakes & Rebels Book 3)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good read, March 14, 2012
This was a pretty good read. I really liked that it was set in Philadelphia right after the Revolutionary War. There were a lot of historical figures, and I enjoyed Wright's characterization of them. Meagan was a strong leading character and I liked how unconventional she was for the times. Lion was a very masculine lead character that was very infuriating at times, but that's what makes the novel exciting.
I did have a few issues with this novel. While I did enjoy the writing overall, I didn't like how many exclamation points Wright used in the dialogue. It seemed like all the characters were exclaiming and yelling all of the time. It took some time for me to get used to it. I also didn't like the name Lion. It just didn't sit well with me. I was relieved to find that he had a normal first name and I could see the reasoning behind his using of the name Lion, but I still hated that name. It was too strange for my taste.
Other than those two problems, I really enjoyed this novel. It had a great plot and even greater characters. I'll probably look into the other novels in the Beauvisage series.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices Book 2)
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices Book 2)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book...but infuriating at the same time, December 27, 2011
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

First, let me start by saying that I had been anticipating this book since I finished the last one. I thought overall it was a good book, but I did have a few issues with it. For one, I did not like the whole Tessa and Jem romance thing. To me, they did not have any romantic chemistry. They seemed more like friends than anything else. When Tessa and Jem begin to kiss it had me cringing because it didn't seem right. There was something missing.
Another thing that bothered me about Jem is that he's too perfect. I get that he just wants to be upbeat and optimistic about his illness, but he doesn't seem to have any flaws. He gets angry at Will once, but quickly forgives him. I like characters that aren't always noble and honest 100% of the time. That makes them seem less human to me. I like Will because he has many flaws, and to be human is to be flawed. That's why I prefer Tessa to be with Will.
Another thing that bothered me about this book is that it seemed as if Clare didn't know how to end a conversation. Her characters were constantly being interrupted before finishing a statement or continuing an argument. From the description of the Institute, it is a very large place with many rooms. I don't get how two people can pick a random room to have a conversation, and be interrupted so easily.
The part I really did like was Will's quest for ridding himself of the curse. The scene where he is confronting the correct demon at last had me wide eyed and anxious. I was as angry as Will was about how much lost time he had endured.
Another part I liked about this book were the characters. In this book, they were more fleshed out than in the first. Will was hilarious as ever, like when he got his I-told-you-so moment about the demon pox. Tessa stood up for herself more with Will. I liked the backbone she has developed. I liked Gideon a lot too. The plot was okay, I just wished that we got to see the Magister instead of just Nate.
I am looking forward to the third novel and I'm hoping that Clare plans to get rid of the Jem and Tessa relationship for a Will and Tessa one.

Eden
Eden

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing novel, June 12, 2011
This review is from: Eden (Kindle Edition)
After having read Keary Taylor's Fall of Angels series, I definitely can say that I was looking forward to reading Eden. I was even more excited after reading on Taylor's blog that she was too impatient to wait until her scheduled release date and had decided to release it early. I finished it in about a day. It was one of those stories that made it difficult to put it down and easy to loose track of time.

The book was written very well, a few errors here and there, but not enough to really bother me. The thing that really captivated me were the characters. Eve was extremely believable and I felt as if I had connected with her. All of the hardships and emotions she was experiencing felt very real. As Eve explored the feelings and complications of love, I was right there with her just as indecisive as she was: West or Avian?

I was back and forth with those two. I couldn't decide either. Both were swoonworthy in their own ways. Avian was the good guy, always there for Eve. He had that caring and tender way about him. Then there was West, that snarky and sacastic guy that easily brought a smile to my face.

The feelings Eve develops for both Avian and West were very believable. There isn't any instalove in this book. The romance that blossoms is genuine. The action was a little slow at times, but the emotional plot constantly kept it moving along at a highly satisfying rate.

All in all, an amazing book. It's one that I will undoubtably read again. I'm so glad I bought it. Eden was positively worth every penny.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 12:12 PM PDT

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Book 1)
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Book 1)
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Mortal Instruments, February 24, 2011
I have to say that I liked this book a lot better than the Mortal Instruments series, even though the characters were basically the same. Tessa seemed like a more realistic character than Clary. I also have to say that Will was way more interesting than Jace. I loved his sarcastic comments and rude jokes. Even though at times he was infuriating with his actions, that's what made me want to read more! Sometimes I wanted to shake him and tell him how stupid he was being. All-in-all, this won't be a disappointing read. I'm definitely excited for the next one to come out.

A Certain Slant of Light
A Certain Slant of Light
by Laura Whitcomb
Price: $8.99
227 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought, May 29, 2008
I was expecting this book to be a lot better than it actually was. the characters were just so frustrating to me and the way everything unfolded just annoyed me. I was really excited to read this novel when I bought it but I soon learned that it was not going to be even half as good. It took me a whole week and a half to finish it when usually a book that size would only take me at most 2 days. Don't buy this book. Instead borrow it from the library if you're really determined to read it.

Cathy's Key: If Found 650-266-8202
Cathy's Key: If Found 650-266-8202
by Sean Stewart
Price: $14.48
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 18, 2008
This book was awesome! I love this series. It's so interactive with the papers and numbers. The story's really good too and the characters are really likeable (except Jewel). I would definitely recommend this series to anyone.

Blood & Chocolate
Blood & Chocolate
DVD ~ Agnes Bruckner
Offered by insomniacsonline
Price: $5.99
132 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, November 29, 2007
This review is from: Blood & Chocolate (DVD)
I really do enjoy this movie. I read the book before I saw it and it was a lot different. I was surprised to find that for the first time, I felt that the movie was better than the book. I really hated the book and almost gave up reading it half way through. I'm really happy for the movie's changes. They made the story line so much better.

Page: 1 | 2