Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Freudian Park Ranger > Reviews

Browse

Freudian Park Ra...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Freudian Park Ranger RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Leather Biker Wallet With Chain
Leather Biker Wallet With Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy wallet that leaves more cash in it., March 9, 2012
I needed a new trifold biker wallet to replace my trusty, old worn one. I was very pleased to find that this one appeared identical in quality and workmanship. The amazing thing is, this one still cost less than the one I bought many years ago. Great deal for the money.

The Yellow Tutu
The Yellow Tutu
by Kirsten Bramsen
Price: $14.04
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to get a tutu of my own., December 8, 2009
This review is from: The Yellow Tutu (Hardcover)
My daughter has a copy of this book and I must say she loves it. She and her friend love emulating the the main characters, Margo and Pearl, as well as admiring the book's fantastic artwork. I've read the book and it definitely promotes qualities that we all want to see in our children. My daughter now owns a tutu so she can wear it on her head like Margo and Pearl. Watching her, I kind of get the urge to wear one on my head too. This book carries a strong, positive message and is ideal for any child's collection. Highly Recommended!

Paul Robeson Live at Carnegie Hall
Paul Robeson Live at Carnegie Hall
Price: $15.98
50 used & new from $5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars An uplifting experience, December 4, 2006
If one takes into account the time at which this recording was made, and the surrounding events affecting his life, one can truly appreciate the significance of this album. Experiencing oppression not only from the U.S. but later the Canadian government to travel abroad, Robeson was impeded, but not prevented from singing in the name of peace, human rights, and the rights of the common worker. Victory was at hand when on May, 9 1958, the date of this recording, Paul Robeson announced that his passport battle had been won. This is the recording of a triumphant gentleman, a loving, ecstatic audience, and very importantly, a talented and very attuned pianist (Alan Booth). With this in mind one can more greatly appreciate how special this concert was. The magic of this recording trancends Robeson's impeccable singing. It is the concert as a whole that makes it so spectacular. Listen to 'Joe Hill', think of Robeson's battle, and hear why it is so powerful. Or listen to 'O No John', Alan Booth pounding the keys on the last notes, and the audience's response. Every person in Carnegie Hall was riveted. Well worth the price, and an uplifting experience.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one available, October 19, 2006
I researched many white noise machines and read many reviews before deciding on the Marpac 580. The 580 is less expensive than the 980 with no speed adjustment, but it performs quite adequately, and truthfully the speed control is unnecessary. The Marpac machines operate mechanically rather than electronically, which in my opinion is a more reliable way to go. Also these machines don't experience sound or volume problems like other brands. The adjustable volume and tone can accomodate a very large room. The average bedroom requires much less than its maximum volume is capable of. The 580 is simple, basic, and sturdy. It performs well not only for children but adults too, drowning out typical city background noises. We like it so much, we have purchased two...and now my mother wants one. Everyone who has used it has remarked on how uninterrupted their sleep is. I highly recommend the Marpac 580
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2012 6:35 PM PST

Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone
Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone
by Joyce Meyer
353 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Please God? Yes...Solve your problem...maybe not., December 23, 2005
I originally saw the advertisements for this book on the NYC Subway. It is marketed as a 'self-improvement' book. What I expected was a semi-clinical, psychological guide to research, define, and offer solutions for the obsessive need to please others. The Amazon webpage gives some insight into its spiritual tangent. I admit I never utilized the 'Search Inside' feature (please do before buying.).
This book instantly goes into the scriptures and becomes more of a tool to become a good Christian rather than solving one's problems. I'd like to emphasize that I do believe in God and am moderately religious. But, this book is so far off that It could never be used in psychology classes, except perhaps at the Christian Science Reading Room. Obviously, the popularity of this book is through the urging of the 'Religious Right'. At one point I thought I was reading a Dana Carvey 'Church Lady' skit when the book alludes to doubt being caused by...Satan. The book basically combines passages from the Bible combined with 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' type stories. This type of writing is great if you're quabbling over a pound of nails at the General Store...but for a reader from New York City (formerly Sodom and Gomorrah)where the weak are killed and eaten, it doesn't carry a lot of weight. Ms. Meyer does bring up some useful points, but it's hard to shave off two-thirds of the book to get to it. Instead, I will save you all the money I spent and give you Joyce Meyer's premise: "Take stock in yourself, find God and/or Jesus, don't worry about pleasing others, only worry about pleasing God and/or Jesus." The End.
What's more, if you need more of the same information, you can just wait until the next Jehovah's Witness comes to YOU.
Well, I guess the book has worked for me. I have now annoyed every bible-thumper reading this. They don't approve and I don't care. What's more,I have pleased God. You see I have been honest and straightforward...Now isn't that special?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2012 7:52 AM PDT