Profile for Dennis Driscoll > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dennis Driscoll RSS Feed (Petoskey, MI)

Celestron Flexible C8 Telescope Lens Shade
Celestron Flexible C8 Telescope Lens Shade
Offered by Etailz
Price: $27.31
4 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job while not adding a lot of weight!, January 21, 2010
Living in Northern Michigan we don't get many clear nights and when we do unfortunatley we deal with a lot of humidity. Nothing is worse than finaly getting out under the stars and having your lens fog up from excess moisture in the air. I spent many hours searching for the perfect dew shield and finaly decided to purchase this one Celestron 94009 Lens Shade .

This not only does the job very well but as an added bonus it does not add a lot of weight so balancing the telescope was a breeze. I will add that I use an LXD75 Mount for this scope as I am a GO-TO user and appreciate the time it saves me searching for objects.

Using the LXD-75 mount for this scope works very well these mounts are very reasonbly priced and can be made into a almost top producing mount with a few modifications. Most imported mounts need to taken apart cleaned and relubed with a good quality grease and then adjusted properly. If this is done correctly you can have a fine working mount for well under a $1000.00 So if you are mechanicaly inclined do not hesitate to purchase this Meade LXD75 Heavy Duty German Equatorial Mount with Heavy Duty Tripod & #497 AutoStar handbox.

Seirus Innovation Men's Deluxe Thermax Liner, Black, Large/X-Large
Seirus Innovation Men's Deluxe Thermax Liner, Black, Large/X-Large
Price: $7.45
9 used & new from $7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Light Glove or Glover Liner, January 21, 2010
I purchased these to use for a light glove and not a glove liner as intended. I deliver mail for a living and have been looking for a thin glove to use for many years now. Although these are not exactley what I would like for a light glove, I am still giving them a five star rating because they are really a liner. I use them alone and they do a good job of keeping my hands warm when the weather is over 25 degrees f. They are very comfotable and thin, which enables me to sort through my mail with ease while wearing them.

I am going to continue searching for a pair this thin but would be warmer as the weather here in Northern Michigan can get much much colder. In the meantime I would reccomend this product to anyone and the seller was excellent too.

Ecopad, the Refillable Coffee Filter for the Classic Senseo (pack of 2)
Ecopad, the Refillable Coffee Filter for the Classic Senseo (pack of 2)
Offered by ALL MAX
Price: $11.65
6 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Save Money Plus Enjoy Great Coffee With EcoPad, November 2, 2009
I originaly ordered just two of these to try out for a few weeks to see if I liked them. I liked them so much I gave one to a friend of mine to try also. Both of us have had very good luck using them. I have experimented with differant brands of Coffee to see which I like best I for the most part love a full flavor coffee so after about 2 months of using them I will stick with the expresso beans. I am buying the type at the grocery store where you can grind your own. I have also tried different grinds and the one that works best is the expresso grind which is very fine. The grinders that I am using have two grinds for espresso I use the coarser of the two. This works great without any problems at all.

I don't pack the coffee in the ecopads I just fill them and level it off with the back of the spoon I am using. If you try to pack the coffee to tightly you machine may not finish brewing with shutting off first.

The only downsides verses using the Senseo pods are, the Ecopads are a bit messy as you have to wipe the counter off after filling the pads. That is the one thing I like more about the Senseo pods.

If you would like to save money on coffee this is a great product.

On Talking Terms With Dogs: Calming Signals
On Talking Terms With Dogs: Calming Signals
by Turid Rugaas
Price: $7.98
78 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book For Understanding Your Canine, September 20, 2009
On Talking Terms With Dogs - Calming Signals

Owning this book will benefit you by helping you understand your Dog and what he/she may be trying to tell you.

I have owned Dogs for most of my life. Any of my friends would consider me to be very good with animals. Most people would consider my Dogs to be very well trained. All of my Dogs responeded well to me as the Pack Leader.

However I must say I trained my Dogs Completley Wrong. I trained my dogs out of fear instead of patience. I never abused any of my pets by hitting them except for an occasional minor swat with a newspaper. I suppose yelling at your Pet could be considered verbal abuse just as easily.

The good news is! this is not neccesary when you know how to read your dogs body language.

On Talking Terms With Dogs - Calming Signals is a must read and a great beginning for understanding your Dogs body language. This will help you become a better Pack Leader by understanding the Calming Signals your Dog may be giving you.

Learning these signals will make you a better pet owner. I think any Dog Owner Should read and understand what this book teaches. I wish more people would understand that owning a pet is a very real responsibility. I think too many people get a Dog and expect it to be a Great Dog without any real training. Dogs are very simple creatures and want nothing more than to please their Masters. However, it is our responsibility to teach them by becomming a Good Pack Leader. Learning how to read their Body Language is the First Step.

In most cases, it is not the Dog that is bad, but its owner. Having a Great Dog is up to us, and this book is a great way to start you on the path of understanding your dog and improving your relationship with him.

I THINK THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT OWNING A PET AND DEVELOPING A GREATER RELATIONSHIP THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE.