Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Profile for Lisa W > Reviews

Browse

Lisa W's Profile

Customer Reviews: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa W "Lisa W" RSS Feed (North Carolina)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Kids' Musical Theatre Collection, Vol. 1 (Vocal Collection)
Kids' Musical Theatre Collection, Vol. 1 (Vocal Collection)
by Hal Leonard Corp.
Price: $18.15
45 used & new from $12.13

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the CD everyone is referring to?, March 17, 2016
I am giving this as a gift to my daughter so I'm not sure if it will be a big hit but I got it b/c all the review refer to the CD that has the accompaniment... my book has no CD, just a website w/ access code. This might not end up being a big deal but I would have preferred a CD so she could use it in her room on her CD player clock radio. I'm just confused since so many of the reviews specifically refer to a CD that comes with it...?

Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Beautyrest Latex Foam Pillow, Standard Size
Price: $43.40
11 used & new from $43.19

4.0 out of 5 stars loved the first one I ordered, the others are different..., January 3, 2016
Edit and update : I gave his five stars last month...then I ordered three more because my son stole it from me and I wanted some more pillows for our house. My experience might explain some of the review issues on here...I love the pillow that came for my, but the others I got are different- higher and firmer and I cannot sleep on them because I was waking up every night by 1 or two with neck and shoulder pain. I swapped out for the original one I bought to test it and felt great all night. My husband doesn't like this type of pillow and I had him feel them and lay on them to see if I was crazy and he immediately identified the one that was softer and not as high. Pretty disappointing considering there is no way to know which version of this pillow will arrive in the mail.
Original review:
I have been searching for a year for this pilllow...have a latex foam pillow i got (for I think $100...) about 8 yrs ago at Brookstone and it was finally getting flatter and the cover had sort of fallen apart, etc but I could not find a comparable pillow and I didn't know what type it was called. I finally realized it had the little holes in it and was able to identify it via google and found this one so gave it a go! My son was also always stealing my pillow so now he has taken this one & I'll have to order myself a new one! It isdefinitely best for back and sometimes side sleepers- because it is springy & a bit deep, on your side you need to be kind of near the edge or you might have some pillow in your face. Only complaint was the odor took at least a week to dissipate- I left it fully uncovered for almost 2 full days & it still smelled, and then finally about 5 days later I couldnt smell it much when I put my face on it.

Rev (2 Cars Included)
Rev (2 Cars Included)
Price: $58.81
58 used & new from $31.95

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty cool but requires practice, January 3, 2016
This review is from: Rev (2 Cars Included) (Toy)
got these for my (6 yr old) son for xmas, it was his #1 list item after seeing commercials. it is really cool but the app continually crashed on more than one device, and the cars are quite hard to control even for the adults in the group, they spin around like crazy. We probably just need more practice...

No Stress Chess
No Stress Chess
Price: $11.99
61 used & new from $11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars great learning tool for chess, January 3, 2016
This review is from: No Stress Chess (Toy)
there are a ton of positive reviews so just adding another- my husband plays chess, my 6 yr old son was starting to learn at school, and my 6 yr old daughter & I had no idea how to play. Within the first day of opening this my son was continuing to learn more and my daughter & I had caught on so quickly, to the point that she was even giving pointers of where to move. This is a great start to this game, so you can learn the basics and then work on the strategy & anticipating future moves, etc. later. My husband has tried to teach me in the past but we usually gave up pretty quickly, it is awesome how this can help kids & adults who dont know how to play.

Elliott Lucca Artisan Envelope Smartphone Cross Body, Peacock Feather Linen, One Size
Price: $78.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this bag- my 2nd Elliott Lucca, January 3, 2016
Love this bag. I had another previously from this designer that perfectly fit my old phone and of course once I upgraded it is not usable. I'm glad this new version is not so specific and still super cute. I get a ton of compliments on it, it is really unique & is great for being out & about and just needing to hold my phone, sunglasses, and a very small wallet or card case.

Mega Bloks Minions Supervillain Jet
Mega Bloks Minions Supervillain Jet
Offered by ZiddlyWinks
Price: $18.99
80 used & new from $15.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Age rating is about 3 years too low, at least., December 28, 2015
The age rating on this is so off- do not buy for a younger child (like under 8). My 6 yr old is a Lego fanatic and does the 8+ lego sets with a little assistance from us but can generally do them pretty well and can do the 6-12 lego sets with zero assistance since he was 5. This set is impossible. I wanted to bang my head against the wall on the first page, and there is no way he is going to be able to assemble this (esp considering I saw other reviews that it took adults several hours to put together?!) . The colored dots in the instructions make no sense (I'm sure they do to some but I can't figure it out and there is no explanation) and the least mega bloks could do would be to package the pieces in numbered bags like lego does so you're not digging through the entire package of almost all red pieces looking for small pieces from step 1 (i found the pieces for step 1 in 3 different bags). I'm dreading the frustration that is sure to come in the next hour and feel sad for my son b/c he was so excited about a minion set. A friend of his was a Halo character for Halloween so he asked for a Halo set as well & got a small one and gave up after 20 minutes of trying to put together the guy (neither parent could get him together either), but I thought surely this 5+ set would be better than that one. I will not be getting any more mega blok sets & will stick to Lego from now on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 4:58 PM PST

Barbie Rainbow Hair Doll
Barbie Rainbow Hair Doll
Offered by Intercontinental Line
Price: $13.68
78 used & new from $9.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Hair color is fun but a little bit of a pain, December 2, 2015
This review is from: Barbie Rainbow Hair Doll (Toy)
I'm not a big fan of Barbies in genearl but my daughter received this as a gift. The hair coloring was sort of fun but quite hard to apply. We didn't get it on anything but it definitely doesn't come out of her hair easily- however, based on tips on here, I soaked her hair in a bowl of white vinegar for like 1/2 a day and then rinsed and washed with dish soap & it all came out. I don't like how her joints don't bend like most Barbies do, makes it hard to sit her down to do her hair.

Melissa & Doug Princess Design Activity Kit
Melissa & Doug Princess Design Activity Kit
Price: $14.44
32 used & new from $11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy but design flaw w/ the paper sizing, September 21, 2015
Just chiming in w/ everyone else, fun toy, works well, takes me back to my fashion plates of childhood...but I was surprised it didnt come with paper & you're forced to cut paper to use with it, since the latch is in the way so you can't stick any old paper in there and close it. On the up side, at least you can just cut 8 1/2 x11 paper in half, you dont have to do much more than that.

Multicolor Number 6 Pinata
Multicolor Number 6 Pinata
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pinata for 6 yr olds, September 18, 2015
These number pinatas are great- we got the 5 last year and the 6 this year and were very happy with both- it held plenty of candy for our 18 child party. The design of these pinatas make them easier for younger kids to break than the ones that are one large piece- we have had that kind and been at parties with that kind and younger kids just can't hit hard enough to break them.

Qixels Design Creator
Qixels Design Creator
Offered by sushka
Price: $17.94
49 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but design is not great, September 18, 2015
This review is from: Qixels Design Creator (Toy)
My son saw his sister's Beados and was interested in getting this version of the same toy...unfortunately this is not as good as Beados- it takes MUCH longer for them to dry (like 20 min for beados and 45+ for qixels) and the cubes that are only suck on 1-2 sides to the others break off pretty easily if not played with extremely gently. The beados are laid on a flat-ish surface so you can lift them easily when dry but the Qixels are on these little pegs and so when you peel it up once dry, the pieces much more easily get stuck and fall off and you end up having to re-spray to get them to stick again. He still seems to like them but finds the wait time on drying to be the most frustrating part. I think the design just needs a little work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9