Profile for Herman Prager, PhD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Herman Prager, PhD RSS Feed

Ke Aka - Reflections: Past, Present, Future
Ke Aka - Reflections: Past, Present, Future
3 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A special gift, January 20, 2014
Charles Ka'upu is beyond description. A special and rare gift, and a tremendous loss that he is no longer with us.

Early Love and Brook Trout: With Watercolor paintings by the author
Early Love and Brook Trout: With Watercolor paintings by the author
by James Prosek
44 used & new from $1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - again!, July 13, 2000
Prosek has written another beautiful book about the joy of trout and fishing, and so much more. His writing, the love for his subject, and his ability to communicate that are a balm and soothing antidote to the crazy hectic lives most of us live. Can't wait for the next book out - fishing the 41st parallel.

The Complete Angler: A Connecticut Yankee Follows in the Footsteps of Walton
The Complete Angler: A Connecticut Yankee Follows in the Footsteps of Walton
by James Prosek
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I really look forward to reading this book, May 13, 1999
Having read Prosek's other two books (and having thoroughly enjoyed them, and given copies as gifts), I really look forward to reading this one - long anticipated. This young man has unusual talents, and (at least as of a couple of years ago) possesses another rare quality today - humility and politeness.

The Last Patrician: Bobby Kennedy and the End of American Aristocracy
The Last Patrician: Bobby Kennedy and the End of American Aristocracy
by Michael Knox Beran
124 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Of course RFK was a conservative liberal, May 26, 1998
I just ordered the book and will read it with great interest. I was visiting Los Angeles with my family in 1968 when I was 12 years old, and the death of Robert Kennedy really began my interest in politics and public life. I shall wait to read the book before concluding anything definitive, but of course RFK was this "conservative liberal." That's why he was so successful in motivating and moving people. He understood inherently that almost all of us are conservative at our core, and when we venture from that safety we do so - in part - because a leader is showing us why it is worth the risk. Bobby Kennedy was first rate at that task of a politician - challenging the complacency and fear and that often usual inattention to public issues in our lives. If there was one thing he stood for in his public life, I think it is best represented by the quote he frequently used on the campaign trail in 1968; in Indiana and California and other places... "Some men see things as they are and say why, I dream things that never were and say why not." With this man, so many people could find a common ground - black and white, liberal and conservative, working and middle-class. Since he left us, we have not seen his likes again.